Thread: Cuban embargo

All League

Cuban embargo

Why is it still in effect? Have to admit it's not something I know much about.

Jets Insider VIP
    The flip side to the embargo is Americans miss out on the good stuff: cigars and rhum (Havana Club is the only way to make a mojito :yes: ).

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2304511]The flip side to the embargo is Americans miss out on the good stuff: cigars and rhum (Havana Club is the only way to make a mojito :yes: ).[/QUOTE]

Yes the cigars and the rum are the best in the world. I think it is due to the soil in Cuba. The rum has a sweeter taste than the PR and other Carib rums.

The cigars are sweeter also. I generally go outside of the USA to obtain both.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2304882]Yes the cigars and the rum are the best in the world. I think it is due to the soil in Cuba. The rum has a sweeter taste than the PR and other Carib rums.

The cigars are sweeter also. I generally go outside of the USA to obtain both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't stand Caribean Rum anymore.

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2304900]Yeah, I can't stand Caribean Rum anymore.[/QUOTE]

It's the sweetness that makes the difference. That was probably the only good thing about being in GTMO. The rum and the cigars were bountiful.

You Jet fans should check it out if you get to Ca or Mex

Jets Insider VIP
    Cuban Cigars were once the greatest in the world, they have had quality issues that they are trying to address, and they import 30% of their tobacco from the Dominican Republic. while there are some fine Cuban brands there are also some I would stay away from.

As far as the embargo goes, I don't why its still going on it obviously isn't effective Castro is still there. We don't get the Rum, cigars or get to vacation there, as before communism came there it was one of the hottest vacation spots for Americans an American owned hotels.

The Cuban embargo is the classic lose-lose situation and is generally why gov't interference in the free markets is a bad idea. They don't know better.