Thread: Iron My Shirt! Hillary-ous

All Pro

Iron My Shirt! Hillary-ous

I didn't see this posted yet and I thought it was funny as sh*t :D

Sorry 2 waste the space if this you all saw this already

Hillary Hecklers Yell ‘Iron My Shirt!’ at New Hampshire Campaign Stop
    by Associated Press
    Monday, January 7, 2008

SALEM, N.H. — Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign stop was interrupted Monday when two men stood in the crowd and began screaming, “Iron my shirt!” during one of her final appearances before the New Hampshire primary.

Clinton, a former first lady running to become the nation’s first female president, laughed at the seemingly sexist protest that suggested a woman’s place is doing the laundry and not running the country.

“Ah, the remnants of sexism — alive and well,” Clinton said to applause in a school auditorium.
    The two men were removed from the hall after raising a pair of signs that said, “Iron my shirt!” They also shouted the same slogan.

“Can we turn the lights on? It’s awfully dark,” Clinton said, cueing the lights to come and police to come forward to take the men away.

The overflow crowd burst into applause and some began shouting, “Iron my shirt” as the two were taken from the hall.

“As I think has been abundantly demonstrated, I am also running to break through the highest and hardest glass ceiling,” she said.

Clinton later joked about the incident as she invited questions.

“If there’s anyone left in the auditorium who wants to learn how to iron a shirt, I’ll talk about that,” she said with a smile.
    Clinton placed a disappointing third place in Iowa’s caucuses last week, and faces a tough challenge in Tuesday’s primary from Barack Obama, who leads her with just one day remaining.

[url]http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/07/hillary-hecklers-yell-iron-my-shirt-at-new-hampshire-campaign-stop/[/url]

P.S. Please don't whine to me, I don't really think a womans place is in the kitchen yadda yadda yadda I just think it takes balls to go to her rally and hold up that sign. Funny stuff :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Staged by the Hillary team. She's so transparent she should be the spokesman (yes, man) for Windex.

All Pro
    she crys and gets discriminated against in the same day.....i can def. c how that is staged

if it is I don't see how that will help her it just makes her look weak IMO

maybe women see it different?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2306452]Staged by the Hillary team. She's so transparent she should be the spokesman (yes, man) for Windex.[/QUOTE]

my first thought as well

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Both events yesterday were CLEARLY staged by the Hillary camp, and achieved exactly what they intended: sympathetic blaring headlines about HILLARY taking precedence over any headlines about the Obama steamroller. The Hillary camp is shrewd, calculating, and above NOTHING.

This is only the beginning.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

read the article earlier but did not see any accompanying pictures, which would've been hysterical....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2306510]read the article earlier but did not see any accompanying pictures, which would've been hysterical....[/QUOTE]

there was one up on the fox news site b4 I should have posted it but I can't find it now :O

staged or not it was pretty funny

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LI2OH;2306459]she crys and gets discriminated against in the same day.....i can def. c how that is staged

if it is I don't see how that will help her it just makes her look weak IMO

maybe women see it different?[/QUOTE]

Well, if it was staged you would assume it would be to infuriate and mobilize women? My guess is the women that would be inclined to vote for her because of this are already voting for her so I doubt it would help.

I do not think it makes her look weak. I think it makes those guys look like cavemen but that does not make her more qualified to be President so it should not change people's votes.

I believe it was staged by a local radio "shock jock" wannabees ... ends up helping Hillary maybe ... media jumped all over it to get some more sympathy for Hillary ... fake crying ... fake protesters ... just shows how easy it is to influence voters on feelings.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2307572]Well, if it was staged you would assume it would be to infuriate and mobilize women? My guess is the women that would be inclined to vote for her because of this are already voting for her so I doubt it would help.

I do not think it makes her look weak. I think it makes those guys look like cavemen but that does not make her more qualified to be President so it should not change people's votes.[/QUOTE]

I obviously have no idea what I am talking about ;)

[B]“Ah, the remnants of sexism — alive and well,” Clinton said to applause in a school auditorium.[/B]

So gay.