Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Will Rudy Wake Up?

All Pro

When Will Rudy Wake Up?

Totally support the guy because I still think he's the only one who could stop the Dems. McCain forget it, Romney has the flip flop tag that the Dems are just waiting to use and the Huckman has no chance in the big west or East coast states. Good thing he made a last ditch effort in NH or he would have fell right behind Paul.

[QUOTE=2009fatman;2307973]Totally support the guy because I still think he's the only one who could stop the Dems. McCain forget it, Romney has the flip flop tag that the Dems are just waiting to use and the Huckman has no chance in the big west or East coast states. Good thing he made a last ditch effort in NH or he would have fell right behind Paul.[/QUOTE]

Stop the Dems?? With what? He still cant break the 10% mark.
    Rudy is a joke. His whole campaign is revolved around the myth he created about himself during 9/11 and people are waking up to the truith about him. He is the same as George Bush and people have had enough of that. His history of being corrupt and favoring cronys spells disaster. The man will soon be dropping out of the race. Rudy is dead.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2307975]Stop the Dems?? With what? He still cant break the 10% mark.
    Rudy is a joke. His whole campaign is revolved around the myth he created about himself during 9/11 and people are waking up to the truith about him. He is the same as George Bush and people have had enough of that. His history of being corrupt and favoring cronys spells disaster. The man will soon be dropping out of the race. Rudy is dead.[/QUOTE]

Winning the primary is more of a difficult task for Rudy than beating the other Dems so i wouldnt use his the results from 3 small states as a gauge of his strength vs the Dems if it comes to that. He is banking on the upcoming Repub primaries in liberal states. If he doesnt come out of super Tuesday, then he's dead.
    By the way Rudy is not like Bush, social con vs social moderate to lib.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I am beginning ot think he, as well as Thompson, have put far too much emphasis on later states, and as such may already be forgotton and beaten by the time we get to those states.

I am contemplating a potential McCain vs. Clinton Election......and that just sucks.:(

[QUOTE=Warfish;2308002]
    I am contemplating a potential McCain vs. Clinton Election......and that just sucks.:([/QUOTE]

yeah well at least both would be a serious upgrade over Bush, by default.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2308005]yeah well at least both would be a serious upgrade over Bush, by default.[/QUOTE]

True.

McCain probably beats her in the general, though, because he's the one Republican running strong with independents, and in some ways the least bound to Bush. (His negatives are the lowest in either party, which is impressive for someone who has been around so long.)

The good news is he's so old that he might only serve four years. And also that the GOP base is far from sold on him. If Huckabee beats him in SC, or Giuliani wins in Florida, or Romney pulls out Michigan, the base may rally behind.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2308005]yeah well at least both would be a serious upgrade over Bush, by default.[/QUOTE]

In fairness Bit, you are of the view that a bag of used footballs would be an upgrade over Bush, so you're not really saying much.

McCain is a disaster for Conservatives. Clinton is....well, I just want someone other than Bush or Clinton too.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2308026]In fairness Bit, you are of the view that a bag of used footballs would be an upgrade over Bush, so you're not really saying much.

McCain is a disaster for Conservatives. Clinton is....well, I just want someone other than Bush or Clinton too.[/QUOTE]

A bag of used footballs wouldn't have invaded Iraq, so ...

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2307975]Stop the Dems?? With what? He still cant break the 10% mark.
    Rudy is a joke. His whole campaign is revolved around the myth he created about himself during 9/11 and people are waking up to the truith about him. He is the same as George Bush and people have had enough of that. His history of being corrupt and favoring cronys spells disaster. The man will soon be dropping out of the race. Rudy is dead.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but by not wasting capital in either NH or Iowa and seeing that nothing has been decided yet, things are actually breaking exactly like his campaign managers wanted. He is putting his eggs in the big States and since nothing has happened to hurt him, hard to argue the stradegy yet. Counting out Rudy at this point would be as silly as counting out Romney right now which many are. I don't see McCain or Hukabee getting the nomination, this thing is wide open.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=2009fatman;2307973]Totally support the guy because I still think he's the only one who could stop the Dems. McCain forget it, Romney has the flip flop tag that the Dems are just waiting to use and the Huckman has no chance in the big west or East coast states. Good thing he made a last ditch effort in NH or he would have fell right behind Paul.[/QUOTE]

Guiliani is playing his cards right...someone posted the past results of Iowa caucus in another thread...only 25% of the winners in Iowa went on to win their parties nomination....Clinton came in third in '92...Bush beat Reagan in '80....it's nothing but a media circus, literally...

the RuPaul's, etc will be weeded out by the time the big states, Florida, etc, roll around....Guiliani will have expended minimal time and energy...

CBTNY in fact does have a purpose here. If you are wondering about a subject, and he says A about that subject, then you can be certain it is not A.

Looking back that comment Biden made about every sentence Rudy says has a noun a verb and 9/11 was huge in hurting Rudy. I would not be surprised to find out that was coordinated with McCain's line of attack on Rudy. It worked perfectly.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2308102]CBTNY in fact does have a purpose here. If you are wondering about a subject, and he says A about that subject, then you can be certain it is not A.

Looking back that comment Biden made about every sentence Rudy says has a noun a verb and 9/11 was huge in hurting Rudy. I would not be surprised to find out that was coordinated with McCain's line of attack on Rudy. It worked perfectly.[/QUOTE]

versus the purpose of blockhead which is nothing more then to waste server space with pompous drivel that goes on forever yet leads to nowhere every time he posts...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2308111]versus the purpose of blockhead which is nothing more then to waste server space with pompous drivel that goes on forever yet leads to nowhere every time he posts...[/QUOTE]

Hey, blockhead is very clever! I am totally impressed! How original of you!

I take it all back.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2308119]Hey, blockhead is very clever! I am totally impressed! How original of you!

I take it all back.[/QUOTE]

your pompous, long winded drivel which leads to nowhere is still unimpressive none the less...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2308128]your pompous, long winded drivel which leads to nowhere is still unimpressive none the less...[/QUOTE]

I seem to have upset you.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2308131]I seem to have upset you.[/QUOTE]

you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself if you think that....not unexpected based on your long winded drivel which is constantly shot down at every turn....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2308139]you seem to have a very high opinion of yourself if you think that....not unexpected based on your long winded drivel which is constantly shot down at every turn....[/QUOTE]

My upsetting you is so easily accomplished, it does not depend on having a high opinion of myself, or contribute to that.

You couldn't shoot down an opinion here if you had SAM missiles.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2308002]I am beginning ot think he, as well as Thompson, have put far too much emphasis on later states, and as such may already be forgotton and beaten by the time we get to those states.

I am contemplating a potential McCain vs. Clinton Election......and that just sucks.:([/QUOTE]

I dont have a problem with those choices. I originally supported Rudy but his message has been terrible. He should fire his handlers. Last night he ran a commercial on Fox. It was way too negative. All it talked about was Usama and IRan and the world threats. Everyone knows Rudy's 911 credentials. What I liked more about him was his fiscal conservatism and his willingness to make unpopular decisions (ie budget cuts) for the greater good in NYC.

McCain is a fiscal hawk as well. The guy has made a career out of exposing pork barrel spending and going after special interests in campaign finance reform. He also has the best chance at beating Hillary or Obama because of his appeal with independents. His immigration position hurts him a bit but in the larger picture his conservative credentials are solid.

I'm still a bit on the fence but I think my vote is going to McCain.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2308149]My upsetting you is so easily accomplished, it does not depend on having a high opinion of myself, or contribute to that.[/QUOTE]

fracitonally equivlant to the way I get under the skin of mindless leftists on this forum like you....

[QUOTE]You couldn't shoot down an opinion here if you had SAM missiles.[/QUOTE]

you've been b!tchslapped at every turn with your incoherent ramblings...you are just to pompous and arrogant to see it...

Rudy has made a huge mistake by playing this game. He must be more relevant in the upcoming states or it won't matter how much money he was able to save. As it is, he won't play well with many in the true conservative base.

A major problem for Rudy is that he runs on one platform; September 11. Rudy offers very to the true conservative other then his actions during that time. He could run as someone who is strong for the defense of the country, but he would have hard time pulling those votes away McCain on that issue. Sure he offers nice ideas on the other topics, but conservatives despise his liberal stance on issues such as abortion.

Rudy is in some trouble.