Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Kookcinich demands a recount!!!

[QUOTE][B]Kucinich wants New Hampshire recount
    By Klaus Marre | Posted: 1/10/08 8:34 PM [ET]
    January 10, 2008 [/B]
    Citing unspecified “serious and credible reports, allegations, and rumors” regarding the presidential primary in New Hampshire, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) is asking for a recount of the vote.

Kucinich, who placed at the back of the Democratic field with less than 1.4 percent of the votes, said in a letter to New Hampshire Secretary of State William Gardner that there were “possible vote-count irregularities” that have been “fueled by the stunning disparities between various ‘independent’ pre-election polls and the actual election results.”

The lawmaker said he does not expect his own vote count to be significantly affected by such a recount but he added that it is “imperative that these questions be addressed in the interest of public confidence in the integrity of the election process and the election machinery.”

In his request for a recount, Kucinich alleges that there have been “unexplained disparities between hand-counted ballots and machine-counted ballots.”

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) won the Democratic primary in a stunning upset of Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.), who had surged to the top of the polls following his win in the Iowa caucuses.

In Iowa, Kucinich had urged his supporters to back Obama.

[B]“This is not about my candidacy or any other individual candidacy,” Kucinich said. “It is about the integrity of the election process”[/B]

[/QUOTE]

integrity= if things didn't turn out the way I expected then someone fuqed me....

[url]http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/kucinich-wants-new-hampshire-recount-2008-01-10.html[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Kucinich the guy who was mayor of Cleveland and put the city in Default? :huh::confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;2310611]Isn't Kucinich the guy who was mayor of Cleveland and put the city in Default? :huh::confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes, also the Cuyahoga River literally caught fire during his tenure, and -- I am not making this up-- he claims to have seen a UFO.

Anyhow, a recount of his votes wouldn't take too long.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=nuu faaola;2310613]Yes, also the Cuyahoga River literally caught fire during his tenure, and -- I am not making this up-- he claims to have seen a UFO.

Anyhow, a recount of his votes wouldn't take too long.[/quote]

I don't think he wants a recount of his votes - I think he thinks Obama got screwed over somehow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exit polling got almost everything right....except Hillary and Obama.

And folks in a variety of places have been asking why that is. Theories abound.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2310692]Exit polling got almost everything right....except Hillary and Obama.

And folks in a variety of places have been asking why that is. Theories abound.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it got Obama exactly right. He got the same 36%-37% polls predicted. The thing they missed was Hillary turning her voters out in force.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe he's asking for a recount thinking that he will win...

and I think with the amount of non-verifiable Diebold machines in NH certainly warrants further review, especially considering the 10-15 point swing for Clinton compared to all the polls (phone and exit)...

you guys don't think it's just the GOP that steals elections?

Hillary and Rudy are the Neo-Conservative candidates in the race, you don't think the same NC's that made the Coup d'etat of 2000 a reality wouldn't do the same thing in 2008?!? If you don't... you're not paying attention!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    like I said and as shown below; integrity= if things don't turn out the way I expected then someone must've fuqed me over...

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2310930]I don't believe he's asking for a recount thinking that he will win...

and I think with the amount of non-verifiable Diebold machines in NH certainly warrants further review, especially considering the 10-15 point swing for Clinton compared to all the polls (phone and exit)...

Hillary and Rudy are the Neo-Conservative candidates in the race, you don't think the same NC's that made the Coup d'etat of 2000 a reality wouldn't do the same thing in 2008?!? If you don't... you're not paying attention![/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Tanginius;2310930]I don't believe he's asking for a recount thinking that he will win...

Hillary and Rudy are the Neo-Conservative candidates in the race, you don't think the same NC's that made the Coup d'etat of 2000 a reality wouldn't do the same thing in 2008?!? If you don't... you're not paying attention![/quote]

:coocoo:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2311044]like I said and as shown below; integrity= if things don't turn out the way I expected then someone must've fuqed me over...[/QUOTE]

Whats the harm in a recount if it ensures people are confident in the results? It smells really bad that Obama beat Hillary when the votes were hand counted but these 'diebold' voting machines swung the election in her favor; plus the diebold machines were the ones which took longest to report.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2311099]Whats the harm in a recount if it ensures people are confident in the results? It smells really bad that Obama beat Hillary when the votes were hand counted but these 'diebold' voting machines swung the election in her favor; plus the diebold machines were the ones which took longest to report.[/QUOTE]

I read an article today that said because Dennis lost my more than 3% he would have to pay for the recount himself. I'm not sure how much money he has. The elections official said he was very confident in the results but if a recount helps people realize that the results were legit then it can do no harm.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I marvel at our political processes.....

Want more confidence in your voting, it isn't very hard in my view:

--Implement a Voter Identification Card. For once, it's be something I would HAPPILY contribute my tax money to pay for, if it ensures one men = one vote and our elections could be trusted.

--Change how the Nominees for each Party are chosen.

This Caucus thing is obsolete, a remanant (it seems) from a time when a crowd of folks could gather, and actually be a meaningful portion of the population. I would eliminate caucuses, first. All get voting primaries.

Second, I eliminate allowing non-registered party members vote in my primary. I mean really, the job of a primary is to elect a representative for the party, not to elect the guy independant or unregistered folks want. A great example is the Republicans right now....Independants and Democrat temp-voters have skewed the results so far.

Third, no more "flip-registrations" voters. If my primary is in 2008, you will have had to have been registered as a Republican for two years prior, or no vote for you. First time registers are an exception. Remember, the Primaries are not the general election, no one has any inherant "right" to vote in them. It is the party trying to select it's representative for the general election.

Fourth, make any voting that involved machines produce some kind of unalterable record of the vote case, that can be provided to the voter, with a second copy paper-archived. Right or wrong, election machines are not trusted.

Fifth, change the law on election fraud. Someone found tampering, altering or otherwise fraud...er...ing, in an election shoul dface life in prison, no parole. I know, super harsh, I get that. But if we cannot rust the most basic premise of our Representative Republic, what Can we trust?

And not really a point, but I think if these changes were made, third parties would become more viable. Opinion only of course (as all of this is), btu I think that having to register to vote in a primary, and to be registered for some period of time, might push independants together into (at first) small "Indpendant Parties" more than it does now. And anything that forces some diversity in our "A or B" political system, is a good thing IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polling companies get paid a lot of money to produce reliable polls that the media and campaigns use. And when their models or sample sizes prove inadequate and inaccurate, they claim "racism!" and "stolen elections!" to deflect attention away from what is obviously their inferior product/performance. The media also doesn't understand that polls are a snapshot and even regular polling isn't enough, especially in a rudderless, fluid race such as this.

Hey, pollsters - guess what? Make a better product.

Funny how non of the neo-cons thought to steal any of the 2006 elections, huh Tanginius? Where's your righteous indignation over those elections??
    Last edited by jets5ever; 01-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2311222]Polling companies get paid a lot of money to produce reliable polls that the media and campaigns use. And when their models or sample sizes prove inadequate and inaccurate, they claim "racism!" and "stolen elections!" to deflect attention away from what is obviously their inferior product/performance. The media also doesn't understand that polls are a snapshot and even regular polling isn't enough, especially in a rudderless, fluid race such as this.

Hey, pollsters - guess what? Make a better product.

Funny how non of the neo-cons thought to steal any of the 2006 elections, huh Tanginius? Where's your righteous indignation over those elections??[/QUOTE]

little different to try and steal elections in 30+ house districts, and 5 full states in senate elections than steal elections in just one state, no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2311472]little different to try and steal elections in 30+ house districts, and 5 full states in senate elections than steal elections in just one state, no?[/QUOTE]

Not if the evil Diebold company is in your pocket. They can just steal every election Diebold is involved in. It's that simple.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hillary's win in New Hampshire was due to the fact that she aggressively took advantage of the New Hampshire state law that allows non-residents to vote in primaries if they state an intent (yes, simply verbally state an intent) to move to the state within the next year. Clinton campaign staffers called upon (and bussed in) a huge amount of supporters from bordering states, who helped tip the scales in her favor. The reason the results didn't reflect the polling data was because pollsters were only polling New Hampshire residents.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2311181]
    Third, no more "flip-registrations" voters. If my primary is in 2008, you will have had to have been registered as a Republican for two years prior, or no vote for you. First time registers are an exception. Remember, the Primaries are not the general election, no one has any inherant "right" to vote in them. It is the party trying to select it's representative for the general election.

[/QUOTE]Meh, I understand the point but I think the cure is worse than the disease. I think people should be free to change their minds even if they are idiots.