Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you will ever pay off your house?

Do you think you will ever pay off your house?

It's slow around the board this time of year so i thought i'd ask how many fans on here think they will ever payoff their house? People have monster mortgage payments and usually end up with equity loans or refinance into another 30 years etc.,

I'm paranoid by nature but i think most of America are playing into the hands of our government. They have us right where they want us. Always borrowing and running up credit cards and most will never own their home. What do you guys think?

My mortgage payment is $1800 a month (more in a few weeks due to tax increase). Im about 5 years in on a 30 year. I got my house for $220K.

I think I'll be able to pull it off as we make our mortgage payments on time and without a hardship.

Its my f'n credit cards I can't see myself paying. Bastards all raised my rates to 30% on all 7 cards we have. I haven't used a credit card in over a year and Im getting hit $1200 a month combined for just interest & late fees. I have crap to apply towards the balance.

Bush sucks a bag of dicks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2321583]My mortgage payment is $1800 a month (more in a few weeks due to tax increase). Im about 5 years in on a 30 year. I got my house for $220K.

I think I'll be able to pull it off as we make our mortgage payments on time and without a hardship.

Its my f'n credit cards I can't see myself paying. Bastards all raised my rates to 30% on all 7 cards we have. I haven't used a credit card in over a year and Im getting hit $1200 a month combined for just interest & late fees. I have crap to apply towards the balance.

Bush sucks a bag of dicks.[/QUOTE]

Never f*ck with credit cards

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2321583]My mortgage payment is $1800 a month (more in a few weeks due to tax increase). Im about 5 years in on a 30 year. I got my house for $220K.

Visit my company's site [url]www.christiandebtconsolidators.net[/url] Stop wasting your money on interest. I won't charge you any fees as well

I have 14 more payments on my house. I don't **** with credit cards either.

All Pro

Get a new card. Take a cash advance at 3 or 4 %. Pay off one of the other cards. Take that new card which is now paid off, get a cash advance. Repeat.

Then all you interest should be lower. make the same payments. And stop buying on credit!

Banned

It's Bush's fault you ran up 7 credit cards to the tune of $1,200 a month with 30% interest rates?

Seriously, the first thing you have to do is eliminate that credit card debt at all costs. As long as you are carrying that kind of credit card debt, you will be financially strapped.

How much equity do you have in your home?

If suffcient, take out a home equity line of credit, or a home equity loan, and pay off your credit card debt.

Depending on your credit score, your home equity loan could e less than 10% and the good thing, all the interest is tax deductible.

Good luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2321583]Its my f'n credit cards I can't see myself paying. Bastards all raised my rates to 30% on all 7 cards we have. I haven't used a credit card in over a year and Im getting hit $1200 a month combined for just interest & late fees. I have crap to apply towards the balance.

Sorry but that's your own fault bro

Guys, dont be hating. $275.00 per month. Built a 1400sf raised ranch for $100,000 on property I already owned 13 years ago with a 5.5% adjustable Nam vet special mortgage. Less than 16,000 to go.

Now my son just graduated with a CS degree and I wonder if he will ever be able to afford the avg price of $350,000.

Banned
    [QUOTE=chirorob;2321591]Get a new card. Take a cash advance at 3 or 4 %. Pay off one of the other cards. Take that new card which is now paid off, get a cash advance. Repeat.

Then all you interest should be lower. make the same payments. And stop buying on credit![/QUOTE]

Dude, that is terrible advice.

All you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Everytime you switch cards to do that, your credit score takes a huge negative hit.

Most of the lower rates are for a short period of time anyway (6-9 months), and then they baloon back up.

i like Republicans because they helped me pay off my house yrs ago. Make the tax cuts permanent. Go Republican............

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2321592]It's Bush's fault you ran up 7 credit cards to the tune of $1,200 a month with 30% interest rates?

Seriously, the first thing you have to do is eliminate that credit card debt at all costs. As long as you are carrying that kind of credit card debt, you will be financially strapped.

How much equity do you have in your home?

If suffcient, take out a home equity line of credit, or a home equity loan, and pay off your credit card debt.

Depending on your credit score, your home equity loan could e less than 10% and the good thing, all the interest is tax deductible.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

No buttnugget, my credit cards were fine until 1) my daughter was born 16 months ago and 2) we had to remodel the house. Being from the yee-haw state, you wouldn't have a clue what $220K would buy on Long Island. ;)

Once my wife went out on bed rest for her final weeks of pregnancy, disability only covered her for like $200 for 2 months. That severely hurt our income and on-time payments (shoulda had AFLAC).

My credit card companies are not cooperating with me as far as requesting to pay on the 31st every month, and get that rate down. You see if you pay late once on a credit card, credit card companies can now go from my comfy 6% and raise it to 30%*. I suggest you try it one time, you'll have a blast!

All kidding aside, they all report to the credit bureaus and that in return gets my once perfect credit 2 years ago to that of a homeless person.

And I won't use my house as collateral , which is secured debt, to pay off unsecured debt.

* = President Bush signed a bill giving credit card companies the power to do so. And the Pats cheated.

Hall Of Fame
    paying off a house is easy, you just have to stay in one place, and never re-fi :D

my inlaws did it about 5 years ago, and had a party when they did, I'm very jealous

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Holy crap...no wonder it was so easy to dole out these sub-prime mortgages..

FOlks have NO clue...

Credit cards should be used for "convenience" not "CREDIT".

Iffin you aint got the cash socked away to pay off your CC's monthly, you should NOT be using them.

Banned
    [QUOTE=32green;2321614]Holy crap...no wonder it was so easy to dole out these sub-prime mortgages..

FOlks have NO clue...

Iffin you aint got the cash socked away to pay off your CC's monthly, you should NOT be using them.[/QUOTE]

Best damn advice in the entire thread.

[QUOTE=32green;2321614]Holy crap...no wonder it was so easy to dole out these sub-prime mortgages..

FOlks have NO clue...

Iffin you aint got the cash socked away to pay off your CC's monthly, you should NOT be using them.[/QUOTE]

I did it for the free jets blanket at the game :D

[QUOTE=baldnuts1;2321589]Visit my company's site [url]www.christiandebtconsolidators.net[/url] Stop wasting your money on interest. I won't charge you any fees as well[/QUOTE]

You do CCC or get the CC companies to settle?

If you do the settlement which I assume, what is your cut, the first payment you settle upon you usually take home right?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2321604]Dude, that is terrible advice.

All you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Everytime you switch cards to do that, your credit score takes a huge negative hit.

Most of the lower rates are for a short period of time anyway (6-9 months), and then they baloon back up.[/QUOTE]

You can get low rates of 4.9 indefinately. I'm not saying to get more credit card debt, I'm saying it's an easy way to take 20K in debt at 20% and turn it into 20K in debt at 5%. Then make the same payments, and get rid of the loans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mine is paid off thankfully..

7 years left for me.

Listen, I don't know who to blame for how people get so deep into debt. Sometimes I feel bad for younger people. They seem to think that they NEED or deserve all the crappy things that are marketed to them.

I don't need alot of stuff. For what I do need, I have a realistic plan with many safety nets.

I'd rather sleep like a baby every night. There's no better feeling.