Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you will ever pay off your house?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2321617]I did it for the free jets blanket at the game :D[/QUOTE]

I used to do it too except I'd write down the names of people I didn't like and their phone numbers if I knew them on the application.....I got the blanket, they got the solicitation phone calls!!!:D

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2321689]Yo, TV killed the Radio star,

You have your head on straight. :yes:

You are a young guy and just buying a home for the sake of owning one does not make sense.

Drop 15% into your 401k and when you find that perfect sweetie (some gay guy) or a honey, then make your decision.[/QUOTE]

All I know is that people my age who are homeowners are ridiculously stressed out by it. Mortgage payments, maintenance.......f-ck that sh-t.

I figure I'll wait until I'm ready to buy, and then even wait a few more years.

I've never bought in to the "renting is just throwing money away" theory anyways.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321713]All I know is that people my age who are homeowners are ridiculously stressed out by it. Mortgage payments, maintenance.......f-ck that sh-t.

I've never bought in to the "renting is just throwing money away" theory anyways.[/QUOTE]

you'll probably find some good bargains the next 4 months.....look at a condo....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2321583]My mortgage payment is $1800 a month (more in a few weeks due to tax increase). Im about 5 years in on a 30 year. I got my house for $220K.

I think I'll be able to pull it off as we make our mortgage payments on time and without a hardship.

Its my f'n credit cards I can't see myself paying. Bastards all raised my rates to 30% on all 7 cards we have. I haven't used a credit card in over a year and Im getting hit $1200 a month combined for just interest & late fees. I have crap to apply towards the balance.

Bush sucks a bag of dicks.[/QUOTE]

It's Bush's fault you are in credit card debt? :confused:

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321713]All I know is that people my age who are homeowners are ridiculously stressed out by it. Mortgage payments, maintenance.......f-ck that sh-t.

I've never bought in to the "renting is just throwing money away" theory anyways.[/QUOTE]

I probably could buy right now, but it'd be stretching it. I want to wait until I get 20%, which in NJ is a TON. Then again, I don't plan to buy in NJ because the cost of living is so high and the state is carrying so much debt that it probably won't deal with until sh*t hits the fan.

Besides, I get a boner from investing in higher returning investments like my 401K and IRA. Speaking of, I'm happy I forgot to contribute to my IRA until after this market downturn.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2321710]I used to do it too except I'd write down the names of people I didn't like and their phone numbers if I knew them on the application.....I got the blanket, they got the solicitation phone calls!!!:D[/QUOTE]

At the Jets/Redskins game, my brother filled out an app with bogus info. When the guy asked my brother for his ID, he said he left it in his car because 1 time he lost his wallet at a game and never brings it in anymore. The rep took the application with no issue. LOL.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321665]Yes.

An unemployed teenager finally finished paying off his mortgage. All I know is that the many years he spent stressing and wondering if he should refinance are over. III can now spend his remaining years milking his 401K and RRA, and do all the things he always talked about doing.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2321717]you'll probably find some good bargains the next 4 months.....look at a condo....[/QUOTE]

No way Jose.

I'm doing well at work, just got a solid raise, and grad school's coming up in the fall. It's time to enjoy life a little bit as I've got the dough to do so now. No way I'm committing myself to a mortgage.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;2321662]Your mortgage? :eek:

And if you're talking credit card it had better be, since you're not paying the above.

We had it pretty bad with around 20k in cc debt in the last 2 years, but now we've got it down to about 5k.

Don't want to refi since we did that and got 5.00% over 30, so Im not f'ing with that rate...so yeah, about 25 more to go... lol[/QUOTE]
    haha.. I meant "My mom's house"..

RJF ur a funny fuc ker..

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2321705]Do you help jews as well?

(trick question....we control all the money anyway)[/QUOTE]

Racist!

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321725]No way Jose.

I'm doing well at work, just got a solid raise, and grad school's coming up in the fall. It's time to enjoy life a little bit as I've got the dough to do so now. No way I'm committing myself to a mortgage.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, how do you know where you want to live in 5 years? I'm not ready to drop my anchor yet. If you buy and have to move, you can always sell - in this market it could take a loooong time and closing costs are a b*tch.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2321733]Seriously, how do you know where you want to live in 5 years? I'm not ready to drop my anchor yet. If you buy and have to move, you can always sell - in this market it could take a loooong time and closing costs are a b*tch.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. In today's day and age, IMO it's just not worth it until you're ready to completely settle down.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321725]No way Jose.

I'm doing well at work, just got a solid raise, and grad school's coming up in the fall. It's time to enjoy life a little bit as I've got the dough to do so now. No way I'm committing myself to a mortgage.[/QUOTE]

that's why I said condo....when you take into account your write-offs (mortgage interest/RE taxes/mortgage interest on the condo's taxes) in the end you will not be paying much more to own a condo then you are renting an apartment....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2321821]that's why I said condo....when you take into account your write-offs (mortgage interest/RE taxes/mortgage interest on the condo's taxes) in the end you will not be paying much more to own a condo then you are renting an apartment....[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. What value of a house are you talking about? The deductions only mean you're actually paying 75-80% of the bill.

All League
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2321701]ditto....

of course my taxes are $19K per year, but that's another story.....[/QUOTE]

Ouch that's pretty high. No wonder you're a republican. :)

I don't think I'll ever pay off this house. I've been here 3 years but we won't be staying for too long.

[QUOTE=adb280z;2321829]Ouch that's pretty high. No wonder you're a republican. :)

I don't think I'll ever pay off this house. I've been here 3 years but we won't be staying for too long.[/QUOTE]

Well if you sell, you're still be paying off the house.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2321640][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/733/061129unabomberhomebcolgj4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

So let me understand...

Unibomber = hilarious
    Jean Bennett = disturbing

just checking.

:P

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2321828]I doubt it. What value of a house are you talking about? The deductions only mean you're actually paying 75-80% of the bill.[/QUOTE]

for the third time....I said condo.....and the deductions mean a smaller % of payment than that...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-17-2008 at 09:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2321840]for the third time....I said condo.....[/QUOTE]that's what i meant. renting condos now are pretty cheap.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2321845]that's what i meant. renting condos now are pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

the rental market does not move as much as the sales market....if the market value of a place comes down 20%, rents which are reasonable will come down a fraction of that....