Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: New York is a ....

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Football Town

7 6.48%
  • Baseball Town

101 93.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is New York a Baseball or Football Town?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Is New York a Baseball or Football Town?

The Giants are in the Super Bowl, the they are the toast of the town. So what do you think? Is New York a football town or is it still a baseball town?

In recent years we had the 90's Yankees sprinkled with the Mets in the 2000 Subway Series, The 1986 Mets, Late 80's Giants
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 01-23-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a baseball town. No matter what time of year, Baseball is always on the radar if not up front. Obviously due to the Gmen in the playoffs baseball has kind of cooled off. But if not for a miraculous run we would be talking some hot stove.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball. What would be interesting is how the coverage would be handled if the Santana was traded to the Mets a few days before the superbowl. I wonder how much time they would devote to the topic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it's more of a baseball town. But right now...the Big Apple/NJ belongs to the Jints.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball is by far a baseball town. Its not even close

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2330723]Baseball. What would be interesting is how the coverage would be handled if the Santana was traded to the Mets a few days before the superbowl. I wonder how much time they would devote to the topic.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting, but I'm sure the Mets would try and wait till the Super Bowl is over to announce it. The Yankees on the other hand.... probably wouldn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball town.

I'm waiting for ARod to call a press conference and make a major announcement during the 3rd Quarter of the Super Bowl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball town easily. The only reason we aren't talking hot stove is because of the giants.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball
    Listen to WFAN, baseball is discussed more than any other sport during any one sport's off-season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2330731]Very interesting, but I'm sure the Mets would try and wait till the Super Bowl is over to announce it. The Yankees on the other hand.... probably wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Hank would be running through Times Square banging a drum announcing it to the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we eat, sleep, and drink baseball 24/7....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2330741]Hank would be running through Times Square banging a drum announcing it to the world.[/QUOTE]

:P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2330723]Baseball. What would be interesting is how the coverage would be handled if the Santana was traded to the Mets a few days before the superbowl. I wonder how much time they would devote to the topic.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna write the same thign....if Johan comes to either NY team you will see with your own eyes how much of a baseball town NY is. That will dominate sports talk and newspapers

a couple years back the jets and giants were both in the playoffs i believe and the mets signed Beltran, if u listened to sports talk or looked at the back pages you would of thought that football season was over

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I made this thread just to prove to one of my friends who is a Giants fan that NY is indeed a baseball town. Thanks... fellas.

When it comes to teams, I would rank popularity in this order.

Yankees
    Mets
    Knicks
    Giants
    Rangers
    Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AnthonySerp;2330752]I was gonna write the same thign....if Johan comes to either NY team you will see with your own eyes how much of a baseball town NY is. That will dominate sports talk and newspapers

a couple years back the jets and giants were both in the playoffs i believe and the mets signed Beltran, if u listened to sports talk or looked at the back pages you would of thought that football season was over[/QUOTE]

We agreed to terms with Beltran the night we beat San Diego and announced it the next day....great memories.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2330753]So I made this thread just to prove to one of my friends who is a Giants fan that NY is indeed a baseball town. Thanks... fellas.

Yankees
    Mets
    Knicks
    Giants
    Rangers
    Jets[/QUOTE]

Yankees
    Mets

Whoever is winning

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2330756]We agreed to terms with Beltran the night we beat San Diego and announced it the next day....great memories.[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure the Yankees regret not getting involved, and to think he would of came to us for less money. :mad:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;2330759]Yankees
    Mets

Whoever is winning[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, The Knicks are a bad joke, and they still fill those seats every night. People are not happy about how they are playing, you call feel it. The Jets on the other hand... seems like not many people care.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2330753]So I made this thread just to prove to one of my friends who is a Giants fan that NY is indeed a baseball town. Thanks... fellas.

Yankees
    Mets
    Knicks
    Giants
    Rangers
    Jets[/QUOTE]

Knicks right now are probably lower than the Jets. No one cares about the NBA anymore. It doesnt help that Knicks suck.

Yankees
    Mets
    Giants
    Rangers
    Jets
    Whoever's winning...that eliminates the knicks