Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for the Super Bowl, Wings Over

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Food for the Super Bowl, Wings Over

A new wings joint opened up a town over in Carlstadt, NJ. I highly recommend it if you plan on getting food for the Super Bowl. There wings are amazing.

Here are some other locations.

[url]http://www.wingsover.com/franchise.shtml[/url]

[url]http://www.wingsover.com/[/url]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 01-23-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the past few years a friend of mine has had his SB party catered by Blue Smoke BBQ in the city. Friggin ridic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;2331944]For the past few years a friend of mine has had his SB party catered by Blue Smoke BBQ in the city. Friggin ridic.[/QUOTE]

Since the Jets are never in the Super Bowl, and I usually could careless who wins the game, the food is by far the best part.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;2331944]For the past few years a friend of mine has had his SB party catered by Blue Smoke BBQ in the city. Friggin ridic.[/QUOTE]

Love Blue Smoke. Wings are great and their pulled pork is even better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2331941]A new wings joint opened up a town over in Carlstadt, NJ. I highly recommend it if you plan on getting food for the Super Bowl. There wings are amazing.

[url]http://www.wingsover.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

I hope they're better than Buffalo Wild Wings. What a sorry ass excuse for a chicken wing that place offers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;2331966]I hope they're better than Buffalo Wild Wings. What a sorry ass excuse for a chicken wing that place offers.[/QUOTE]

Never had those but the Wings Over place, man they are delicious. Wings are huge, all meat, lightly breaded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got a Wings Over Syracuse... it's legit

You can go with the 'Aircraft Carrier' for the SB:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;2332246]We've got a Wings Over Syracuse... it's legit

You can go with the 'Aircraft Carrier' for the SB:yes:[/QUOTE]

Good choice. 5 of my buddies, mostly all Giant fans watched the Packers ans Giants game last week and we ordered the Hanger 4. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2332256]Good choice. 5 of my buddies, mostly all Giant fans watched the Packers ans Giants game last week and we ordered the Hanger 4. :yes:[/QUOTE]

There ya go. So many different flavors too. Are you a classic Buffalo guy or do you go for one of the crazy ones? I usually roll with Honey BBQ

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;2332267]There ya go. So many different flavors too. Are you a classic Buffalo guy or do you go for one of the crazy ones? I usually roll with Honey BBQ[/QUOTE]

Keep it classic, though I did try the cajun sauce, and it got two thumbs up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a Wings Over by me... very good. My only complaint is that the heat is inconsistent. I ordered Jet Fuel (4/5 on their heat scale) and it was decent. Ordered Afterburner (their hottest) the next time, and it was no where near as hot as the Jet Fuel I had previously. Next time someone was over, we got Jet Fuel and it was extremely hot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyHector;2332312]There's a Wings Over by me... very good. My only complaint is that the heat is inconsistent. I ordered Jet Fuel (4/5 on their heat scale) and it was decent. Ordered Afterburner (their hottest) the next time, and it was no where near as hot as the Jet Fuel I had previously. Next time someone was over, we got Jet Fuel and it was extremely hot.[/QUOTE]

I always get wimpy. :O

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyHector;2332312]There's a Wings Over by me... very good. My only complaint is that the heat is inconsistent. I ordered Jet Fuel (4/5 on their heat scale) and it was decent. Ordered Afterburner (their hottest) the next time, and it was no where near as hot as the Jet Fuel I had previously. Next time someone was over, we got Jet Fuel and it was extremely hot.[/QUOTE]

I tried the 5 last year (Jet Fuel I guess) and it kicked my ass... I must have gotten the extra peppers in my batch. The 1/5 (Wimpy I think) is really hot for me for some reason too:O

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wings over storrs may be the single busiest place in northern ct, but for the life of me, i can't understand it's greatness. I really don't like it, but sure enough, every thursday, friday, and saturday night, that place is working over time.

btw: the buffalo wild wings joint doesn't give the biggest pieces of meat, but their sauces and the crispiness of their boneless wings are what make it my favorite wings place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Sean Ryan;2332243]Never had those but the Wings Over place, man they are delicious. Wings are huge, all meat, lightly breaded.[/quote]

Breaded?!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Ryan;2331941]A new wings joint opened up a town over in Carlstadt, NJ. I highly recommend it if you plan on getting food for the Super Bowl. There wings are amazing.

[url]http://www.wingsover.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

Man I make my own. Better then anyones. I also make my own blue cheese dressing to go with them. A bit more money and work but worth it. I do ribs as well for the SB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahh you bastards......now its 9AM here on LI and I'm craving wings!:drool2:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetscc26;2332655]ahh you bastards......now its 9AM here on LI and I'm craving wings!:drool2:[/QUOTE]

There's a Wings Over in Farmingdale - on Main Street, just north of Hempstead Tpke/Conklin. They open at 11AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buffboy;2332642]Breaded?![/QUOTE]

I agree, not a big fan of the breaded wings usually. These really are lightly breaded and you can order them unbreaded as well. Their boneless buffalo "wings" are gigantic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little recomendation...

Tried to order from Wings Over Hudson, during the championship games, they were so busy, they stopped taking orders...

If you want them for the superbowl... Order them now.