Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to watch the Pats get destroyed...

All League

Want to watch the Pats get destroyed...

NFL Network showing the '85 Bears Superbowl. :)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetStream;2332242]NFL Network showing the '85 Bears Superbowl. :)[/QUOTE]

Got a question. When they show these games (I don't have the NFL Channel)
    do they show an abridged version, highlights, or a good deal of the game? How
    long is the game including commercials, an hour?

Thanks

[QUOTE=JetStream;2332242]NFL Network showing the '85 Bears Superbowl. :)[/QUOTE]

I will never understand it, but this is the night I became a Patriots fan.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;2332339]I will never understand it, but this is the night I became a Patriots fan.[/QUOTE]

After getting raped and pillaged by the big bad Bears. They needed love and compassion.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Damn it sure is weird watching a game where they don't display the score, qtr, or time remaining...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Fishooked;2332354]Damn it sure is weird watching a game where they don't display the score, qtr, or time remaining...[/QUOTE]

+ the yellow 1st down line

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Update: 44-10 Bears... :D

All League
    The Bears had a phenominal post season that year.

Divisional
    Playoffs Jan 5 W 21-0 vs New York Giants
    Conference
    Championship Jan 12 W 24-0 vs Los Angeles Rams
    Superbowl Jan 26 W 46-10 at New England Patriots at New Orleans, LA

Three games, average score 30-3.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;2332339]I will never understand it, but this is the night I became a Patriots fan.[/QUOTE]

You know I actually was rooting for the Patriots in that Super Bowl (loyal AFC Fan)...Before Sean Ryan calls me weak again...it was a different world back then!!!;)

All Pro
    I loved that SB!!! It was one of the better ones. That was the NE team that began my DEEP HATE for them. That game was a Thing of beauty! :yes:

That was the first SB I was was conscious of at 6 years old. I remeber the Fridge vividly crashing through the Pats D into the end zone.

Oddly enough that was far from a bad Patriots team, Tony Eason was a solid QB and Irving Fryer was an HoF caliber receiver. The Bears just put together one of the best football teams ever that year.

Banned
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2332585]Oddly enough that was far from a bad Patriots team, [B]Tony Eason was a solid QB [/B]and Irving Fryer was an HoF caliber receiver. The Bears just put together one of the best football teams ever that year.[/QUOTE]

Tony Eason a "solid" QB? :eek:

The best was when John Hannah said that he should "wear a skirt back there".

Eason had the worst happy feet of any QB I ever watched.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2332589]Tony Eason a "solid" QB? :eek:

The best was when John Hannah said that he should "wear a skirt back there".

Eason had the worst happy feet of any QB I ever watched.[/QUOTE]

What did you do to worm your way back? File a lawsuit against Sooth for intentional infliction of emotional distress for not being able to troll during the Super Bowl hype period? Let's see how long you go before you're back on your troll horse. I almost feel bad for you that your life is so obviously dependent on this site.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    That was the last SB party I ever hosted. By halftime no one was watching the tv, instead it was drinking, eating and playing air guitars! LOL!! :D

All League
    [QUOTE=TheMacExchange;2332402]I loved that SB!!! It was one of the better ones. That was the NE team that began my DEEP HATE for them. That game was a Thing of beauty! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Why did the deep hate begin in 85'? The Bears picked on the Pats like they were taking their lunch money...it was pathetic, I'd think you'd feel sorry for them.:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2332626]That was the last SB party I ever hosted.[/QUOTE]

WTF Ches....Taking a little 2 decade break?????

OR you just couldnt take the Cheeto stain on your carpet?:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2332622]What did you do to worm your way back? File a lawsuit against Sooth for intentional infliction of emotional distress for not being able to troll during the Super Bowl hype period? Let's see how long you go before you're back on your troll horse. I almost feel bad for you that your life is so obviously dependent on this site.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for you that you life is so obviously affected by TX. Let go Jordy. Let go.

Veteran
    That was a great ending to one of the most dominating seasons i have ever seen by a team. There was only one thing wrong and that was that Ditka had the Fridge carry the ball into the end zone from inside the 5 while letting Walter Payton, sit on the sideline. How you do not let Payton attempt to score in that situation is beyond me. I am also a little biased because Payton is my favorite running back of all time!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=ganooch;2332700]That was a great ending to one of the most dominating seasons i have ever seen by a team. There was only one thing wrong and that was that Ditka had the Fridge carry the ball into the end zone from inside the 5 while letting Walter Payton, sit on the sideline. How you do not let Payton attempt to score in that situation is beyond me. I am also a little biased because Payton is my favorite running back of all time![/QUOTE]

Yes, that was VERY strange. Ditka doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let that happen.

That game was like watching men playing against boys. Makes you wonder how that Bears team didn't make it back to the SB.