Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Here's how we can get RunDMC, Long(s), or whoever we want.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's how we can get RunDMC, Long(s), or whoever we want.

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins24sbjan24,0,403944.story[/url]

Problem is, do we have what it takes to jump ahead AND will the 'Fins trade within the division?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    terrible idea. we can't afford to trade up when we have so many holes to fill.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of trading up like the Jets did last year, for 2nd round or mid 1st round guys that fall and you have a chance to steal a great player. I do not think the guys at the top end of this draft are good enough to justify trading up for. I think we are going to have a shot at DMC even at 6, as I have a mock draft I am just finishing up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;2332774]I like the idea of trading up like the Jets did last year, for 2nd round or mid 1st round guys that fall and you have a chance to steal a great player. I do not think the guys at the top end of this draft are good enough to justify trading up for. I think we are going to have a shot at DMC even at 6, as I have a mock draft I am just finishing up.[/QUOTE]

xactly.

In round 2 or 3, if you must to get a Harris or Revis type. But NEVER consider it in round 1 given our situation. Gotta give up a lot to move from 6 to 1. And for what? Is anyone here a sure thing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Ideally move down with pick 1 but if not, stay put.

Here's a question for everyone. Who might slip to the end of round 1 that you might want to trade up from 2.36 for?

Hard to know who it will be, but ever year there are a few guys who look like mid-first-rounders who start to drop down. I wouldn't mind seeing us move up 5-10 spots to grab a Jeff Otah or Kentwan Balmer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this idea can be best summed up with an icon:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    To hell with trading up (especially for McFadden).

The only player I'd give the slightest thought to trading up for is Chris Long and I still probably wouldn't do it.

I say either stay put and take Ellis or try like hell to trade down a few spots and take a guy like Kentwan Balmer, Derrick Harvey, or Jeff Otah.