Thread: Here's how we can get RunDMC, Long(s), or whoever we want.

Veteran

Here's how we can get RunDMC, Long(s), or whoever we want.

[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins24sbjan24,0,403944.story[/url]

Problem is, do we have what it takes to jump ahead AND will the 'Fins trade within the division?

Hall Of Fame
    terrible idea. we can't afford to trade up when we have so many holes to fill.

I like the idea of trading up like the Jets did last year, for 2nd round or mid 1st round guys that fall and you have a chance to steal a great player. I do not think the guys at the top end of this draft are good enough to justify trading up for. I think we are going to have a shot at DMC even at 6, as I have a mock draft I am just finishing up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;2332774]I like the idea of trading up like the Jets did last year, for 2nd round or mid 1st round guys that fall and you have a chance to steal a great player. I do not think the guys at the top end of this draft are good enough to justify trading up for. I think we are going to have a shot at DMC even at 6, as I have a mock draft I am just finishing up.[/QUOTE]

xactly.

In round 2 or 3, if you must to get a Harris or Revis type. But NEVER consider it in round 1 given our situation. Gotta give up a lot to move from 6 to 1. And for what? Is anyone here a sure thing?

All Pro
    Agreed. Ideally move down with pick 1 but if not, stay put.

Here's a question for everyone. Who might slip to the end of round 1 that you might want to trade up from 2.36 for?

Hard to know who it will be, but ever year there are a few guys who look like mid-first-rounders who start to drop down. I wouldn't mind seeing us move up 5-10 spots to grab a Jeff Otah or Kentwan Balmer.

All Pro
    I think this idea can be best summed up with an icon:

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    To hell with trading up (especially for McFadden).

The only player I'd give the slightest thought to trading up for is Chris Long and I still probably wouldn't do it.

I say either stay put and take Ellis or try like hell to trade down a few spots and take a guy like Kentwan Balmer, Derrick Harvey, or Jeff Otah.