Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ronaldo's Carreer Over?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ronaldo's Carreer Over?

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

    Ronaldo ruptures tendon in knee
    Brazilian star's season in question after injury in draw


    Posted: Wednesday February 13, 2008 6:43PM; Updated: Wednesday February 13, 2008 6:43PM

    MILAN, Italy (AP) -- AC Milan forward Ronaldo ruptured a tendon in his left knee in a 1-1 draw with Livorno on Wednesday, and the Brazilian was carried off the field in tears.

    The injury occurred two minutes after Ronaldo entered the game during a play that earned Milan an equalizing penalty.


    Ronaldo was taken to a hospital, with the club saying the full extent of the damage was unknown.

    "It's a problem with the tendon in his left knee, not the knee that was operated on in the past,'' Milan vice president Adriano Galliani told Italy's Sky TV. "The severity of it isn't known yet, but it's a serious problem.''

    A three-time FIFA world player of the year, Ronaldo has battled injuries throughout his career.

    He has played sparingly since joining Milan from Real Madrid in January 2007. Wednesday's match was only his fifth in Serie A this season.

    Ronaldo injured his thigh July 31 during preseason training. He returned in November but has been on and off the roster due to a series of recurring problems.
    He should stop now. His knees are made of glass.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I spelled 'career' wrong..

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ronaldo, that fat ****. That was a huge waste for Milan. I'd like to see them dump Gilardino, too. He's absolutely invisible whenever he's on the pitch.

    The future looks great, though. The two teenagers, Pato and Paloschi, are already adding a ton of excitement. This year is a wash.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Ronaldo, that fat ****. That was a huge waste for Milan. I'd like to see them dump Gilardino, too. He's absolutely invisible whenever he's on the pitch.

    The future looks great, though. The two teenagers, Pato and Paloschi, are already adding a ton of excitement. This year is a wash.
    My favorite player for Milan, and this is excrutiating for me to type because he's Italian , is Pirlo. I actually prefer him to Kaka. He's set to have an awesome Euro Tournament.

    As for Ronaldo, he has to be one the unluckiest atheletes around injury-wise. When he was at PSV and Barcelona, he was the Michael Jordan of football. In 2 steps he'd be a step in front of defenders. A pack of dynamite.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    My favorite player for Milan, and this is excrutiating for me to type because he's Italian , is Pirlo. I actually prefer him to Kaka. He's set to have an awesome Euro Tournament.

    .

    Ronaldo's career has been over for some time, no offense to anyone here but all he has left is maybe a year or two in MLS or the middle east.

    BTW Pirlo is one of the best midfielders who play both sides of the ball, which is huge in todays game. He doesn't look lost when the other team has the ball and he is a very creative player himself. He actually reminds me a lot of former Barça captain Josep Guardiola.
    Last edited by The Turk; 02-15-2008 at 07:32 AM.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    My favorite player for Milan, and this is excrutiating for me to type because he's Italian , is Pirlo. I actually prefer him to Kaka. He's set to have an awesome Euro Tournament.

    As for Ronaldo, he has to be one the unluckiest atheletes around injury-wise. When he was at PSV and Barcelona, he was the Michael Jordan of football. In 2 steps he'd be a step in front of defenders. A pack of dynamite.
    Pirlo is a great player. My favorite though is Rino Gattuso. He is the definition of ferocious.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Pirlo is a great player. My favorite though is Rino Gattuso. He is the definition of ferocious.
    Ah, the Rodney Harrison of football. Love to have him on your team, hate his guts when he's on the other side. The dude is a pitbull.

    Some should post a video where he comes speeding out of the tunnel for practice.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    The dude is a pitbull..

    Sometimes he really does look like he's getting ready to bite the opposing player instead of tackle him...But as you said I'd love to have him on my team any time.

    Paulie whats the deal with Gilardino? I haven't watched many Milan matches this season but I used to like him a lot when he was at Parma.

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post

    Sometimes he really does look like he's getting ready to bite the opposing player instead of tackle him...But as you said I'd love to have him on my team any time.

    Paulie whats the deal with Gilardino? I haven't watched many Milan matches this season but I used to like him a lot when he was at Parma.
    You're right, Gilardino was a great player at Parma, but in the past 2 years or so with Milan he has been completely disappointing. There's no other way to describe it. He doesn't take many shots because he never gets open, he looks slow on the pitch, etc. Just all around disappointing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us