Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasik

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Kate;2386080]Hey! I totally am going to do this too. I have worn contacts since 9th grade and I can't wait to do this too. If you have an FSA you might be able to use that to pay for it (save some $$). I hate working out with glasses on but some days those contacts just won't go in. Now that I'm doing triathlons, the idea of losing on in the lake and then riding the bike half blind does not sound good. But the worst for me is allergies. I get them so bad in May and again in Sept that I can't wear my contacts for weeks. Eye surgery will be great. We can be Lasik buddies!

Later,

Kate[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend it Kate. I was actually 20/20 as soon as I sat up. And they give you really good drugs like Xanax and Tylenol/Codeines :D

It's a really bizarre feeling - life in HD!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Unless you're playing for the Dodgers it makes little sense. Even after the surgery you'll still need glasses. It's only for kids.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Jets Babe;2386529]dude, what are you talking about? only [I]some[/I] people will need reading glasses. do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is dealing with contacts and glasses on a daily basis?[/quote]Tell me about it. Even worse, I have to remove mine to read. I didn't realize that he already did it. My doc talked me out of it. Good luck Buzz.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2369659]Anybody here had LASIK done before? I've been wanting it for a while now and wanted to hear from some people that have had it. Things I'm curious about would be price, level of pain/discomfort, and obviously results. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My bro in law had it done recently, the only thing you have to make sure you don't do is rub your eyes, that can mess up the procedure's results.