Thread: HUGE win by Cuse

HUGE win by Cuse

And I wasn't effin there! Home in Jersey b/c I had an interview in NYC yesterday

Good game btw UConn and USF too

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    And I wasn't effin there! Home in Jersey b/c I had an interview in NYC yesterday

Good game btw UConn and USF too
    As a Syracuse fan I can't stand this team. So much NBA talent yet so inconsistent. No way in the world you can lose to USF. If they get left out to the tourney again (and they still have a lot of work to do) they can blame it on that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    As a Syracuse fan I can't stand this team. So much NBA talent yet so inconsistent. No way in the world you can lose to USF. If they get left out to the tourney again (and they still have a lot of work to do) they can blame it on that loss.
    No doubt, that loss was the nail in the coffin at the time. About the talent, yea, we have a helluva lot of talent. 2 freshman and a raw sophomore starting. I honestly can't see Donte leaving after his lackluster performances of late... next year looks REAL good.

C- Arinze Onuaku
    PF- Donte Greene
    SF- Paul Harris
    SG- Eric Devendorf
    PG-Jonny Flynn

Donte's going to be on the perimeter a lot so Rick Jackson can come in when we need another big man in the middle. Rautins off the bench as a shooter? I'll take that. The future is so bright for this team, hopefully I get a good NCAA tournament run before I graduate.

As for our chances this year, the Georgetown win made things a lot more interesting. I'll steal this from Andy Glockner on espn.com

He had Syracuse in his "Work left to do" category for the Big East:

Syracuse [17-9 (7-6), RPI: 47, SOS: 18] It was a crazy week for Syracuse, which dumped a bad one at South Florida before finding redemption in the form of a home win over Georgetown. The Cuse should be one of the most interesting teams to watch down the stretch. The Orange's last five are at Louisville and Notre Dame, home to Pitt, at Seton Hall and home to Marquette. There's no given win in there anywhere, but there are also multiple opportunities for additional big wins. If Syracuse gets to 9-9, the Orange would have a pretty good shot to get into the NCAAs. In nonconference play, their road win at Virginia is the best on an OK slate, and the Cavaliers aren't helping matters by sinking in the ACC. Home losses to UMass and Rhode Island are no disgrace, but certainly don't help.

SU has alot of work to do, they have ONE win over a top 50 team and it came at home and they have a number of bad losses. I don't think they even belong on the bubble at this point but they can still play their way in.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    SU has alot of work to do, they have ONE win over a top 50 team and it came at home and they have a number of bad losses. I don't think they even belong on the bubble at this point but they can still play their way in.
    I agree, but they do have the 8th toughest schedule in the country. That usually helps a little.

I agree, but they do have the 8th toughest schedule in the country. That usually helps a little.
    That 8th ranked SOS bis very misleading. They didn't play awful teams in the non-conf but they didn't play any good teams either. The sched was still weak w/ the best teams they played(OSU, UMass and URI) being bubble teams themselves and SU lost to all 3 including 2 at home.

W/ today's loss SU is done unless they can have a deep run in the BE Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That 8th ranked SOS bis very misleading. They didn't play awful teams in the non-conf but they didn't play any good teams either. The sched was still weak w/ the best teams they played(OSU, UMass and URI) being bubble teams themselves and SU lost to all 3 including 2 at home.

W/ today's loss SU is done unless they can have a deep run in the BE Tourney.
    I should have been more clear. I don't agree with the computer I was just saying what the RPI said. I have seen that help for teams before, but it depends on the comittee.

It all means nothing now anyway. What a bad bad loss today. How do you shot 60% from the field at home and lose.

That run would have to be real deep and there is really no reason to believe they can win more then 1 game in NYC.

I should have been more clear. I don't agree with the computer I was just saying what the RPI said. I have seen that help for teams before, but it depends on the comittee.

It all means nothing now anyway. What a bad bad loss today. How do you shot 60% from the field at home and lose.

That run would have to be real deep and there is really no reason to believe they can win more then 1 game in NYC.
    understood you meant the RPI SOS. I was just pointing out that was flawed. Even the Heels have a great SOS in the RPI and I don't agree w/ it.