Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellichick Denies STL taping allegations

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellichick Denies STL taping allegations

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251081[/url]

allright...boy I am glad that's over wheww. Bellichick said they didn't do it and that's good enough for me. I mean really, we were out of line to suspect this high character, classy individual of ever being guilty of these allegations. I'm actually quite embarrased, forgive me? :rolleyes:

Like what'd they expect for him to come out and admit it??

Rumor has it Tom Brady could be heard giggling in the backround when asked to give his prediction of how many tapes were in the Patriots secret cheat library 17???
    Last edited by WeskerLogan; 02-18-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB has admitted taping teams for years. Just let this story go. The best thing the Jets can do is acquire high quality young talent in the next two years while his "18-1" dynesty ages.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    18*-1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he says they didn't do it that's about all I need. The guy is a rule-bending, underhanded douche but he's never really lied about anything related to Spygate as far as I know. His contention all along was that what they did he believed was allowed by the rules under his "interpretation". He never said they didn't do it and if he's saying they didn't tape anything with the Rams then I'm 99% sure they probably didn't.

Let's move on people. The football gods punished BB, the Patriots and their fans by keeping them undefeated until there was 0:35 seconds left in the entire NFL season.....then they yanked the carpet out from under their feet in the most nasty (not be confused with dy-nasty or die-nasty or even lie-nasty) act of karma imaginable. Justice was served in my opinion....and in exactly the manner in which it should have been. Karma worked.

Time for Jets 2008-2009.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 02-18-2008 at 02:32 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "On the [B]tape[/B] of the signaling that we talk about, that [B]film usually wasn't even completed until Thursday or Friday of the following week.[/B] It was that low of a priority," he said. "In other words, the [B]video[/B] guys had so much other stuff to do on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday getting ready for the other game, that a lot of times that film wasn't even processed until later in the week."

Hmmm. Wasn't the excuse that they only had 6 [B]Tapes[/B] was because they were recording over the same ones (like they couldn't afford more)? I don't know about everyone else, but when I record on a tape, I can usually watch it right away. :tsk:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2372699]If he says they didn't do it that's about all I need. The guy is a rule-bending, underhanded douche but he's never really lied about anything related to Spygate as far as I know. His contention all along was that what they did he believed was allowed by the rules under his "interpretation". He never said they didn't do it and if he's saying they didn't tape anything with the Rams then I'm 99% sure they probably didn't.

Let's move on people. The football gods punished BB, the Patriots and their fans by keeping them undefeated until there was 0:35 seconds left in the entire NFL season.....then they yanked the carpet out from under their feet in the most nasty (not be confused with dy-nasty or die-nasty or even lie-nasty) act of karma imaginable. Justice was served in my opinion....and in exactly the manner in which it should have been. Karma worked.

Time for Jets 2008-2009.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic post.
    Classy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2372699]If he says they didn't do it that's about all I need. The guy is a rule-bending, underhanded douche but he's never really lied about anything related to Spygate as far as I know. His contention all along was that what they did he believed was allowed by the rules under his "interpretation". He never said they didn't do it and if he's saying they didn't tape anything with the Rams then I'm 99% sure they probably didn't.

Time for Jets 2008-2009.[/QUOTE]

That's total bullshidt. The dirtbag lied by pretending he didn't know it was wrong, yet everyone else, including the team security, knew. Tell me then, why was he miffed at Mangini for ratting him out? Belichick couldn't be more slippery if he was made of ball bearings and white lithium grease. He's a compulsive liar. Lied and cheated on his wife. Even finished the season with a lie - that he didn't know there was time on the clock when he bolted for the tunnel. "Didn't know".....my sweet Aunt Fanny.

Fu<k New England.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;2372683][url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251081[/url]

allright...boy I am glad that's over wheww. Bellichick said they didn't do it and that's good enough for me. I mean really, we were out of line to suspect this high character, classy individual of ever being guilty of these allegations. I'm actually quite embarrased, forgive me? :rolleyes:

Rumor has it Tom Brady could be heard giggling in the backround when asked to give his prediction of how many tapes were in the Patriots secret cheat library 17???[/QUOTE]

Belicheat is a man of integrity who never lies. Just ask his wife.

I would like him to say the same when confronted with evidence and under oath. Rogerclemens us, please. Oh wait, soon we will have it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno.

First Walsh indicates he may have incriminating evidense, a need for immunity and a willingness to cooperate with probers if he is afforded legal protection.

Now, we have Belichick stating that he never "told anyone" to tape a walk-through and that he never "watched" such a tape. Add the sudden "bad employee" character assassination of Walsh and it all looks rotten.

Interesting though, in that Belichick is obviously leaving the door open to the possibility of a walk through tape actually being produced, and he knows that should it be produced, it will be awfully difficult to "prove" he "watched" it unless probers can establish a change of custody for such a tape that leads right to the tape room AND a witness who observed Belichick watch it, a/o an admission by Belichick which we are not going to get.

The probers have their work cut out for them. The quality of the investigation is going to be the key here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2372743]I dunno.

First Walsh indicates he may have incriminating evidense, a need for immunity and a willingness to cooperate with probers if he is afforded legal protection.

Now, we have Belichick stating that he never "told anyone" to tape a walk-through and that he never "watched" such a tape. Add the sudden "bad employee" character assassination of Walsh and it all looks rotten.

Interesting though, in that Belichick is obviously leaving the door open to the possibility of a walk through tape actually being produced, and he knows that should it be produced, it will be awfully difficult to "prove" he "watched" it unless probers can establish a change of custody for such a tape that leads right to the tape room AND a witness who observed Belichick watch it, a/o an admission by Belichick which we are not going to get.

The probers have their work cut out for them. The quality of the investigation is going to be the key here.[/QUOTE]

Being the control freak BB is though I'd find it hard to beleive that he wouldn't watch said tape.

Every week we are fed the same crap about being a 'master gameplanner' this and 'devoted tactician' that...if it were available, Im sure he'd use anything he could get his hands on to gain an advantage...

But as js23 said (which was a good post btw) I guess lets just see what what happens with those bufffoons in Congress and see how it goes.

Getcha popcorn ready.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was a Jets message board? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2372748]I thought this was a Jets message board? :eek:[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;2372745] I guess lets just see what what happens with those [B]bufffoons in Congress [/B]and see how it goes.

[/QUOTE]

And therein, lies the rub....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still stuck on every single thing the Patsies ever achieved. You just can't believe ANY of it at this point.

IMO, this is just as bad as the Chicago Black Sox scandal.

It's a foregone conclusion that BB HAD TO CHEAT in order to win. All you need to do to know that fact is to watch SB 42. BB has the BEST team he's ever had. Better than any of the past SB winners. Yet when the game was on the line, BB was exposed for the nitwit he is UNLESS he has tapes to rely on.

Now I knew when BB got caught against the Jets cheating that this was just the first time he got caught. The minute the truth was out that he was cheating, I knew he had been cheating since he became coach in 2000. So these accusations that he taped OTHER games doesn't surprise me. In fact, I know damn wellhe's taped EVERY SINGLE game he's coached since 2000. I have do doubt in my mind.

IMO, based on the fact that the NFL has the anti-trust exemption and that this investigation was done so badly, if BB is proven to have been taping SB walk throughs then he should be banned from the game.

EVERYTHING that the Patsies have ever achieved should be under suspicion for the rest of time.

I feel bad for Patsy fans, truly I do. The fact is there team that they have faithfully followed for so long is an EMBARRASSMENT. If the Jets had won SB's in that manner, I would stop following the team. I hate cheaters and that includes my own team........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2372753]I'm still stuck [B]on every single thing the Patsies ever achieved[/B]. You just can't believe ANY of it at this point.

IMO, this is just as bad as the Chicago Black Sox scandal.

If the Jets had won SB's in that manner, I would stop following the team.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, then please provide some clear-cut evidence that the Pats cheated on their way to 3 Super Bowl titles. All you can hang you hat on is some "allegations" from a disgruntled, former employee who was fired.

The Black Sox scandel was about purposely throwing games to influence the bookies. To compare the two situations is absolutely ludicrous at best.

Instead of crying and whinning about what the Pats have accomplished this decade, you might want to concentrate your efforts on what the Jets can do so they are no longer one of the laughingstock teams in the NFL.

And your last comment is a complete joke.

Now, please come down off your white horse and join the real world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2372754]Dude, then please provide some clear-cut evidence that the Pats cheated on their way to 3 Super Bowl titles. All you can hang you hat on is some "allegations" from a disgruntled, former employee who was fired.

The Black Sox scandel was about purposely throwing games to influence the bookies. To compare the two situations is absolutely ludicrous at best.

Instead of crying and whinning about what the Pats have accomplished this decade, you might want to concentrate your efforts on what the Jets can do so they are no longer one of the laughingstock teams in the NFL.

Now, please come down off your white horse and join the real world.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"][B]18-1[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][B]***[/B][/SIZE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2372754]Dude, then please provide some clear-cut evidence that the Pats cheated on their way to 3 Super Bowl titles. All you can hang you hat on is some "allegations" from a disgruntled, former employee who was fired.

Now, please come down off your white horse and join the real world.[/QUOTE]

All you need is a little "COMMON SENSE" to know the Patsies were always cheating. What do you honestly think it was a ONE TIME infraction? I know you are not that stupid, so don't try this lame attempt at damage control.

To be fair, I will reserve judgment about the what the punishment for BB should be until he is found guilty. However, if these allegations are true (and I have do doubt in my mind they are), then he SHOULD be banned. He probably won't be, but he should be.

And TX, in regards to your last statement, you should know me well enough to know that I always try to tell the truth. I don't care how it comes out and if it pisses off other Jets fans, I just tell the truth. I am being COMPLETELY forthright and honest when I say, "I feel sorry for you as a Patsy fan". It's unfortunate that you are in denial that your team will always be associated with cheating and that there really isn't ANYTHING that you can clearly say IS legitimate.

I can HONESTLY say, "I would rather be 4-12 for next 20 seasons than have 3 tarnished SB's hangiing over my head". When the Jets win, however long that will take, even if I don't live to see it, I WANT it to be legitimate.

I know, at least in my case, it will be legitimate when the Jets win.....HOWEVER long that may take........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2372748]I thought this was a Jets message board? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Hey Tx, back off! This is where I go for all the latest up to date Patriots news. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is Al Sharpton when you need him? If BB* isn't treated the same way as Barry Bonds, it should b a civil rights issue.

Given BB* latest statement, if the league gives Walsh protection and he produces the tape, BB should not be allowed to coach so much as a high school football game.

As for Goddell, with his high standards of integrity, he should become president of an Itallian Soccer club

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;2372683][url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251081[/url]

Rumor has it Tom Brady could be heard giggling in the backround when asked to give his prediction of how many tapes were in the Patriots secret cheat library 17???[/QUOTE]

In the article Paoli claims that Walsh was fired for taping a conversation with Paoli. That's hilarious. The Pats illegal taping guy was illegally taping his own boss. The only thing that would make this funnier is if Walsh came to congress and said "the Pats do not believe I have a tape of the 2002 Rams SB walk-through... and they are correct, I do not. What I do have is a tape of the Pats coaching staff wathing a tape of the superbowl walk-through"

This actually could make some sense. If his evidence is in the form of his own unlawful taping of the Pats, he would need the broad immunity he has requested to avoid a truly nasty lawsuit from the Pats.