Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellichick Denies STL taping allegations

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth it to you to read the article...

[url]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/18/belichick_and_pioli_speak_out/[/url]

It might be worth it for you guys to read the entire article, straight from the reporter who got the story, and not through ESPN's interpretation of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dfresh;2372826][url]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/18/belichick_and_pioli_speak_out/[/url]

It might be worth it for you guys to read the entire article, straight from the reporter who got the story, and not through ESPN's interpretation of it.[/QUOTE]

Of course the will deny, deny, deny... He has nothing to gain if he tells the truth. Let them sue Herald and Walsh for defamation if they so right - and talk under oath confronted with evidence.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    For one thing though, I'd like to know what types of conversations were taking place between Walsh & Pioli where he (Walsh) deemed them important enough to be recorded? :huh:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;2372846]For one thing though, I'd like to know what types of conversations were taking place between Walsh & Pioli where he (Walsh) deemed them important enough to be recorded? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Fish, I'm thinking along the lines of Clemens and Mcnamee.

Mcnamee said that he knew what he was doing was wrong and that he ultimately would get caught holding the proverbial bag, if the sh*t hit the fan.
    Thats why he kept the syringes he allegedly used to inject his alleged "pal", whom he knew would give him up in a heartbeat.

A similar scenario is playing out here, with the Pats* painting Walsh as a disgruntled employee with an axe to grind.

Seems Walsh's instincts were correct, as were Mcnamee's.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2372870]Fish, I'm thinking along the lines of Clemens and Mcnamee.

Mcnamee said that he knew what he was doing was wrong and that he ultimately would get caught holding the proverbial bag, if the sh*t hit the fan.
    Thats why he kept the syringes he allegedly used to inject his alleged "pal", whom he knew would give him up in a heartbeat.

A similar scenario is playing out here, with the Pats* painting Walsh as a disgruntled employee with an axe to grind.

Seems Walsh's instincts were correct, as were Mcnamee's.....[/QUOTE]

That's a huge leap to take without any sort of evidence...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;2372844]Of course the will deny, deny, deny... He has nothing to gain if he tells the truth. Let them sue Herald and Walsh for defamation if they so right - and talk under oath confronted with evidence.[/QUOTE]

What i find really funny is that everything we THOUGHT we knew about walsh has come out to be completely false..

he was never an area scout, he was never a video assistant...he was a coaching assistant...the lowest lvl position the patriots have - data entry, picking up people from the airport...yet people are so quick to believe that he is the bastion of truth..a guy who has an agenda vs. the patriots....

Why are people so quick to believe this guy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [queue twilight zone music here]

Ladies and gentlemen, as we approach the penultimate moment in the ongoing
    saga of good vs evil, we find that deep within the recesses of the wrong-doers
    mind, still yet another twist of the dark and sardonic makeup of the evil empire
    inhabitant emerges.... :eek:

[/queue twilight zone music here]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2372870]Fish, I'm thinking along the lines of Clemens and Mcnamee.

Seems Walsh's instincts were correct, as were Mcnamee's.....[/QUOTE]

you simply can not compare this to the clemens-mcnamee case. in fact, you cant compare this to any other case in any other sport, and by doing so, you are basically doing so because it is the only thing you can do. there are basically no facts to spygate II. the only thing you can do here is hope that its similar to another case. the whole part II of spygate hinges on a disgruntled employee. a disgruntled employee, who in fact, leaked his accusations two days before the one of the biggest games in super bowl history after 7 years of silence.
    to compare walsh to mcnamee is ridiculous. mcnamee HAD to tell the truth. if he didnt, he was going to jail. mcnamee had no other choice. walsh is doing this for reasons not known, most likely name-recognition.

if, by some chance, walsh is telling the truth, he could be charged with theft. if he is telling the truth, he has stolen property from his former employee.

this second edition of spygate is pure non-sense. i think we should all consider the source. the people we have leading the charge here are a disgruntled former employee and a disgruntled philadelphia eagles season ticket holder. both of whom, are frauds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PatsFanTX;2372754]Dude, then please provide some clear-cut evidence that the Pats cheated on their way to 3 Super Bowl titles. All you can hang you hat on is some "allegations" from a disgruntled, former employee who was fired.

The Black Sox scandel was about purposely throwing games to influence the bookies. To compare the two situations is absolutely ludicrous at best.

Instead of crying and whinning about what the Pats have accomplished this decade, you might want to concentrate your efforts on what the Jets can do so they are no longer one of the laughingstock teams in the NFL.

And your last comment is a complete joke.

Now, please come down off your white horse and join the real world.[/quote]

TX,

I like your role here on this board of keeping over-stimulated Jets fans in check, but as someone here who is not a Jets homer, I feel like I have to at least have you look at this whole spy-gate thing not as a Jets v. Pats thing, but on its own merits.

My biggest question here is this. If the tapes and noted turned over truly were the "ho-hum", "no-big-deal" thing that the Pats and Goodell are claiming that they were, then why were they shredded as though they were films of the grassy knoll in '63?
    I think where a lot of people start to get prickly is the less-than-transparent way the whole thing was handled by the NFL. To be fair, the Pats and the NFL have [I]a lot[/I] to lose if there was more to the story, and everyone knows that...it seems evident to even the most trusting sole that this thing could have been handled in a much more open way. I am yet to hear any Pats defenders address that issue. Most of us have seen the one leaked video...if that, in essence, is all that was on the rest of the tapes, then why weren't the rest of the tapes released instead of shredded?

I'm not a foil-helmet, black helicopter type, but it just has the aroma of a cover-up...or at least, an insulting to the intelligence way of handling a sticky situation

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NE_PATS_FAN_54;2372914]you simply can not compare this to the clemens-mcnamee case. in fact, you cant compare this to any other case in any other sport, and by doing so, you are basically doing so because it is the only thing you can do. there are basically no facts to spygate II. the only thing you can do here is hope that its similar to another case. the whole part II of spygate hinges on a disgruntled employee. a disgruntled employee, who in fact, leaked his accusations two days before the one of the biggest games in super bowl history after 7 years of silence.
    to compare walsh to mcnamee is ridiculous. mcnamee HAD to tell the truth. if he didnt, he was going to jail. mcnamee had no other choice. walsh is doing this for reasons not known, most likely name-recognition.

if, by some chance, walsh is telling the truth, he could be charged with theft. if he is telling the truth, he has stolen property from his former employee.

this second edition of spygate is pure non-sense. i think we should all consider the source. the people we have leading the charge here are a disgruntled former employee and a disgruntled philadelphia eagles season ticket holder. both of whom, are frauds.[/QUOTE]

Again -if Walsh is lying - why Pats* would not sue him and Herald to clear their name? Would it be easy - Walsh has nothing, all Pats* employees UNDER OATH will testify and we can close the story with all glory to pasterisks?

They started painting witness in black BEFORE we know anything. So far the only proven FRAUDS are pasterisks. The rest will have to be determined.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    belicheat* is a liar

that will come out when the tapes are handed over

he's simply setting up his defense, that walsh did this on his own, with no authority from the team, like the old mobster defense, where the hit men were acting on their own, without orders from the higher ups

taking his word for it on the walkthrough tapes is going to get goodell an appointment with the senate judiciary committee, where the NFL will get dragged through the mud like baseball :(

no way belicheat goes down without trying to drag everyone else down with him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want to know why you haven't heard what Walsh has to say yet?

Because, the protection the NFL is offering him, does not cover him if what he is saying is deemed to be false..

He wants protection if the stuff he is alleging is FALSE?!?!? if that doesn't wave a red flag about this guys motives and credibility, i don't know what does...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2372970]belicheat* is a liar

that will come out when the tapes are handed over

he's simply setting up his defense, that walsh did this on his own, with no authority from the team, like the old mobster defense, where the hit men were acting on their own, without orders from the higher ups

taking his word for it on the walkthrough tapes is going to get goodell an appointment with the senate judiciary committee, where the NFL will get dragged through the mud like baseball :(

no way belicheat goes down without trying to drag everyone else down with him[/QUOTE]

Your hypothesis of Belichick being liar doesn't really hold water...when has Belichick EVER lied about spygate? Has he ever denied it? He owned up to it, gave his explanation before, and now he has expounded on it...

Why would you assume he is lying...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dfresh;2372979]Your hypothesis of Belichick being liar doesn't really hold water...when has Belichick EVER lied about spygate? Has he ever denied it? He owned up to it, gave his explanation before, and now he has expounded on it...

Why would you assume he is lying...[/QUOTE]

hey troll, are f@cking serious? Even brownnosers like King said that BB was not forthcoming and never apologized! Did he ever told publicly that he was taping since 2000 (it took senator Spector to squeeze this info from Goodell).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dfresh;2372979]Your hypothesis of Belichick being liar doesn't really hold water...when has Belichick EVER lied about spygate? Has he ever denied it? He owned up to it, gave his explanation before, and now he has expounded on it...

Why would you assume he is lying...[/QUOTE]

best post i've seen in the thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NE_PATS_FAN_54;2372984]best post i've seen in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Trolls, get a room will you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;2372983]hey troll, are f@cking serious? Even brownnosers like King said that BB was not forthcoming and never apologized! Did he ever told publicly that he was taping since 2000 (it took senator Spector to squeeze this info from Goodell).[/QUOTE]

I'm sure a guy with a "mysterious extra frequency" on game day is as honest as abe ****ing lincoln :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NE_PATS_FAN_54;2372984]best post i've seen in the thread.[/QUOTE]

Of course, you're a homer Pats apologist.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2372989]I'm sure a guy with a "mysterious extra frequency" on game day is as honest as abe ****ing lincoln :D[/QUOTE]

provide a link, or I will have to assume you are talking completely out of your a$$

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was was a classic by-the-numbers smear attempt against Walsh in advance of evidence the the Pats expect to be damaging.

I think the jig is almost up.

If the tape exists not a single person on the planet is going to believe that Walsh, an employee in good standing, made that tape without direction from his bosses. Making tapes was his job. He was in town during Superbowl week staying in a hotel paid for by the Pats, having travelled in a plane paid for by the Pats and using credentials provided by the Pats and we are expected to believe that any taping was not authorized.

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!

He was authorized to tape many times before that week and many many time again after that week but we are expected to believe that he was forbidden to tape that week.

"The dog ate my homework" is a thousand times more believable.

All this statement convinces me of is that there is indeed a tape of the Rams practice and the Pats are going through a last gasp effort to do damage control.