Thread: Tidbit on Shaun Rogers

Tidbit on Shaun Rogers

I want to post this just because I'm tired of seeing all the mock offseasons where we trade for Shaun Rogers. This comes from KC Joyner's most overrated player list.

Shaun Rogers, DT, Detroit -- He was named the NFC player of the week at one point during the 2007 season, but his 4.4 YPA allowed on point-of-attack runs was quite disappointing for a player who had been dominant in that area in the past. [B]And that wasn't all: 30 of the 97 POA runs directed at Rogers gained at least 5 yards, and 11 went for 10-plus yards.[/B]

All Pro
    but the rest of the lions team sucks on defense besides ernie sims, other then that they have a bunch of joe blows

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

maybe you should put down that bottle. rodgers is a lazy, inconsistent fat slob, who would not be an upgrade.

I can't do this again. Whatever... you guys win.:(

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163076[/url]
    :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Rogers gets double teamed every snap of a game. ESPECIALLY running plays that are being run at him as this is what the article is mentioning. If that is the case, that stat is on Detriot's piss poor LBs more-so than it is on Rogers.

Trust me, if David Harris was playing MLB for them and had a DT in front of him being double teamed every snap there would sure-as-hell be no 5 ypc averages and 11 runs of over 10 yards. :cool:

Book it! :yes:

[QUOTE=JMJ;2373516]Rogers gets double teamed every snap of a game. ESPECIALLY running plays that are being run at him as this is what the article is mentioning. If that is the case, that stat is on Detriot's piss poor LBs more-so than it is on Rogers.

Trust me, if David Harris was playing MLB for them and had a DT in front of him being double teamed every snap there would sure-as-hell be no 5 ypc averages and 11 runs of over 10 yards. :cool:

Book it! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Finally...I have a friend with this.

Vilma for Rogers (Dancing Bananas)

[QUOTE=JMJ;2373516]Rogers gets double teamed every snap of a game. ESPECIALLY running plays that are being run at him as this is what the article is mentioning. If that is the case, that stat is on Detriot's piss poor LBs more-so than it is on Rogers.

Book it! :yes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I think as fans we forget that playing in the league is a job. When you get burned out on your job because your company sucks...you want to leave. Generally, you performance is hindered by that. Then you find a new job, with a new environment and culture and you become a rockstar for them. I see that being the case with Rodgers.