Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: In Orlando Next Week, Thinking Of Yankee Camp Visit, Need Advice

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: In Orlando Next Week, Thinking Of Yankee Camp Visit, Need Advice

Can someone tell me how it all works in Tampa? Do I need to buy tickets or make a reservation to see practice? Get there at a specific time? Do they post workout schedules? Preseason game schedules? Are preseason games free or do I need to purchase tickets?

My kids would love it if I surprised them with a visit to Yankee camp, but if it's too involved it may not be able to happen.

TIA

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I will tell you is that my sister will be there Sunday Night for a week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://mlb.mlb.com/spring_training/tentative.jsp?c_id=nyy&year=2008[/url]

tix: $17-$30

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2374064]All I will tell you is that my sister will be there Sunday Night for a week.[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek:

do you hate your sister or something???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;2374067]:eek::eek:

do you hate your sister or something???[/QUOTE]
    haha, love her to death.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2374064]All I will tell you is that my sister will be there Sunday Night for a week.[/QUOTE]

Let me save SAR the trouble.

Send him pictures of her feet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2374059]Can someone tell me how it all works in Tampa? Do I need to buy tickets or make a reservation to see practice? Get there at a specific time? Do they post workout schedules? Preseason game schedules? Are preseason games free or do I need to purchase tickets?

My kids would love it if I surprised them with a visit to Yankee camp, but if it's too involved it may not be able to happen.

TIA

SAR I[/QUOTE]

SAR, it may be a vicious rumor, but I hear Air Supply is going to be in Tampa next week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2374073]SAR, it may be a vicious rumor, but I hear Air Supply is going to be in Tampa next week.[/QUOTE]
    Same Plane!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm heading down to Sarasota in March. Folks are scalping Yanks at Pirates in Bradenton for $40 and up per ticket.....unreal.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    While banging SBIII's chubby sister in first class with Air Supply and my family in coach is a funny thought, I'd really appreciate any advice if any of you have attended Yankee camp before.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2374340]While banging SBIII's chubby sister in first class with Air Supply and my family in coach is a funny thought, I'd really appreciate any advice if any of you have attended Yankee camp before.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Even funnier is who Air supply will be bangin when the curtain closes.

Got nothin on the camp.

Have an underling google it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2374340]While banging SBIII's chubby sister in first class with Air Supply and my family in coach is a funny thought, I'd really appreciate any advice if any of you have attended Yankee camp before.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to see a Cactus League game (Cubs vs. D-Backs on March 8th here) and then Grapefruit League with the Yankees at Pittsburgh in mid-March when I visit my parents near Tampa. I have no idea how the tickets work down there but my sister is arranging it all. She said tix are in the $50's which I found to be crazy. We pay $6 to sit on the lawn in the outfield to watch the Cubbies and drink beer all afternoon out here. Fricken Florida!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can take the bus from downtown Tampa to Legends Field (which is across the street from the Bucs stadium) When I took a pic of myself in the summer of '06 in front of the stadium it dodnt look like there was very much parking in the area (small lot)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetman73;2374559]You can take the bus from downtown Tampa to Legends Field (which is across the street from the Bucs stadium) When I took a pic of myself in the summer of '06 in front of the stadium it dodnt look like there was very much parking in the area (small lot)[/QUOTE]

Question for you two:

If I don't want to see an actual game but just watch the team work out, run, drill, throw, etc., can I just show up next Wednesday afternoon or is there a set schedule? Do they sell tickets to watch the workout or just the games?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetman73;2374559] When I took a pic of myself in the summer of '06 in front of the stadium it dodnt look like there was very much parking in the area (small lot)[/QUOTE]

Jetman, this is fascinating. Did taking your picture actually effect the parking availability or just your perception of it, and why?

Also, I require to know why you take pictures of yourself.

Check off one:

You are alone in a cool place and have a camera.
    You are with disinterested folks in a cool place and have a camera.
    You have an interest in Crime Scenes and all that goes with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2374563]Jetman, this is fascinating. Did taking your picture actually effect the parking availability or just your perception of it, and why?

Also, I require to know why you take pictures of yourself.

[B]Check off one:

You are alone in a cool place and have a camera.
    You are with disinterested folks in a cool place and have a camera.
    You have an interest in Crime Scenes and all that goes with them.[/B][/QUOTE]

I go with D) he didn't have access to a computer to start a thread on why the Jets suck and how the FO with f**k everything up this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2374563]
    Check off one:

.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i was with a hot woman with a 48 inch chest - you got it right! How did you know??? She lived nearby in Land-O'Lakes Florida and suggested I stand in front of the lighted Legends sign for the pic (it was 2am)

You are good!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2374560]Question for you two:

If I don't want to see an actual game but just watch the team work out, run, drill, throw, etc., can I just show up next Wednesday afternoon or is there a set schedule? Do they sell tickets to watch the workout or just the games?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I didnt see the ticket gate when i was there (was 2am) There might have been a practice field next to the stadium, but, the team itself may practice inside the stadium, so not sure about that either. Maybe you can call them and ask. PS - the stadium was really small, not sure if all their games are sold out of not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetman73;2374576]Yes, i was with a hot woman with a 48 inch chest - you got it right! How did you know??? She lived nearby in Land-O'Lakes Florida and suggested I stand in front of the lighted Legends sign for the pic (it was 2am)

You are good![/QUOTE]

Oh I'm good.

I'm guessin there was a "82 waist to go with the 48 inch rack... and the "110 dumper.....

C'ankles. Forget it.

Any port in a storm they say.