Thread: The Optimistic/Realistic FO Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Optimistic/Realistic FO Thread

I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading on this board. Why is the FO at fault for guys like Andrews being franchised? Why are they at fault for not signing certain players when FA hasn't even began? All positive thoughts and ideas about this off-season are welcome and save the negative bull**** for the Cry Baby Thread.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    My predictions:

1. Bill Callahan greatly improves the OL and running game.
    2. We sign a very good FA LG.
    3. We draft DMC and he is rookie of the year.
    4. KC shows he is the future.
    5. With a great draft and smart free agent signing the D is ranked in the top 15.

Just give the Man-gza time!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;2374109]My predictions:

5. With a great draft and smart free agent signing the D is ranked in the top 15.

Just give the Man-gza time![/QUOTE]

There ya go!

I like Callahan a lot. I agree that he will improve the offense in that aspect. I'm also confident that the D will be stellar next season. If we add an OLB via draft and a DE or NT, I think the D will be top 10 or 15.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're gonna be awesome next year...

Our head coach had nothing more than a sophomore slump.

Vilma will be bigger and stronger. Bryan Thomas will be become more of a pass rushing threat when we get somebody opposite him on the other side!!! Harris is a Beast!!! DRob will have finally mastered the NT position. Revis will be a pro bowler and Dyson will have a big comeback year. Rhodes will finally get some help when we pick a Safety this coming draft. Ellis and Coleman will be rock steady. Clemens has the experience he needed...watch out now!!! Cotch and Coles will have another big year. Jones will finally have an O-Line to run behind and will score 20+ TD's. D'Brick puts on 10 pounds and gets a trip to the pro bowl with Mangold. Baker becomes Clemens best friend and has his best year ever. Our 1st round pick is rookie of the year!!!! Mike DeVito has 8 sacks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2374123]We're gonna be awesome next year...

[B]Vilma will be bigger and stronger.[/B] Bryan Thomas will be become more of a pass rushing threat when we get somebody opposite him on the other side!!! Harris is a Beast!!! DRob will have finally mastered the NT position. Revis will be a pro bowler and Dyson will have a big comeback year. Rhodes will finally get some help when we pick a Safety this coming draft. Ellis and Coleman will be rock steady. Clemens has the experience he needed...watch out now!!! Cotch and Coles will have another big year. Jones will finally have an O-Line to run behind and will score 20+ TD's. D'Brick puts on 10 pounds and gets a trip to the pro bowl with Mangold. Baker becomes Clemens best friend and has his best year ever. Our 1st round pick is rookie of the year!!!! Mike DeVito has 8 sacks[/QUOTE]

I think Vilma could be very effective once again playing next to Harris and with an improved pass rush coming off the outside. I'm loving the positive vibe!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Vilma will be bigger and stronger. Bryan Thomas will be become more of a pass rushing threat when we get somebody opposite him on the other side!!! Harris is a Beast!!! DRob will have finally mastered the NT position. Revis will be a pro bowler and Dyson will have a big comeback year. Rhodes will finally get some help when we pick a Safety this coming draft. Ellis and Coleman will be rock steady. Clemens has the experience he needed...watch out now!!! Cotch and Coles will have another big year. Jones will finally have an O-Line to run behind and will score 20+ TD's. D'Brick puts on 10 pounds and gets a trip to the pro bowl with Mangold. Baker becomes Clemens best friend and has his best year ever. Our 1st round pick is rookie of the year!!!! Mike DeVito has 8 sacks[/QUOTE]

We lost a lot of close games this year against a decent schedule. We had a very bad team. That is a big positive IMO. I think we can count on the Man-gza to draft talented players that fit the system. The question is FA, if they can add at least one impact FA, I think you will see a big improvement. The players played hard when they were seriously overmatched. I remember when Revis picked Brady, the whole team was excited like they were fighting for a playoff spot. It seems like the Jets have sucked for ever, but Man-gza is what we need and I think we are headed in the right direction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;2374141]We lost a lot of close games this year against a decent schedule. We had a very bad team. That is a big positive IMO. I think we can count on the Man-gza to draft talented players that fit the system. The question is FA, if they can add at least one impact FA, I think you will see a big improvement. The players played hard when they were seriously overmatched. I remember when Revis picked Brady, the whole team was excited like they were fighting for a playoff spot. It seems like the Jets have sucked for ever, but Man-gza is what we need and I think we are headed in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

That was one thing that gave me a little bit of pride as the season came to an end. There's no question the team continued to fight and give everything they had right until the end. I see a bounce back year next year. I believe there will be at least 2 new starters on the O-Line and I think one of them will be added via FA.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;2374109]My predictions:

Just give the Man-gza time![/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with predictions - but your nickname is weird. Who is next on this board - HonestChowd?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;2374168]Nothing wrong with predictions - but your nickname is weird. Who is next on this board - HonestChowd?[/QUOTE]

LOL! I guess I'm the blacksheep. The Jets sucked for ever and then in '98 we had a chance at the SB. I want that feeling back, so I can't give up hope.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Vilma will be bigger and stronger. Bryan Thomas will be become more of a pass rushing threat when we get somebody opposite him on the other side!!! Harris is a Beast!!! DRob will have finally mastered the NT position. Revis will be a pro bowler and Dyson will have a big comeback year. Rhodes will finally get some help when we pick a Safety this coming draft. Ellis and Coleman will be rock steady. Clemens has the experience he needed...watch out now!!! Cotch and Coles will have another big year. Jones will finally have an O-Line to run behind and will score 20+ TD's. D'Brick puts on 10 pounds and gets a trip to the pro bowl with Mangold. Baker becomes Clemens best friend and has his best year ever. Our 1st round pick is rookie of the year!!!! Mike DeVito has 8 sacks[/QUOTE]

Mike DeVito is going to BLOW UP!!!