Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;2383487]When Coles wasn't playing Cotch was INVISIBLE...Cotch is a solid #2..Bring in Chad Johnson if you let Coles go.[/QUOTE]

You mean like in weeks 16(Tenn) and to a lesser extent 17 - when Cotch w/o Coles totaled 16 catches 228 yards and a score on an anemic offense??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty invisible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really wouldn't let him walk for anything less than a 2nd rounder. Like someone said, the draft is a crapshoot. Coles could have another great/good year left and a few solid ones. Think of what we would be doing to KC's development if we only give him Cotch to throw to...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know how many of you are saying we should do this trade immediately, Coles is getting old, blah blah blah...

Truth is he is our #1 STARTING WIDE RECEIVER. Let's not forget now we already have problems at WR. Coles has been solid at his position ever since he came into the league except for this year being injured. Now unless we get a #1 receiver in return or a high draft pick, 2nd, 3rd round at the LEAST, then I see no reason to do this trade.

He's our #1 receiver and we already need a 3rd WR. Unless we get someone in FA, then IMO we should not think about giving away Coles. He still has his speed and can CATCH THE BALL which is essential in our west coast offense.

If it were my choice, Coles is a NYJ till he retires.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383450]Two years ago Cotchery was a friggn' rookie and [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] a #1 WR.

Over the past two seasons, he has demonstrated he has the toughness, abilities and skills to assume the #1 WR position.

[B]The Jets are crazy if they "hang on" to Coles and limit Cotchery's development[/B].[/QUOTE]

why, do your patsies* want him?

you are still the best spinner there is Tx, you are so full of it I can't take it anymore

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dbatesman;2383481]I agree we should trade Coles if the price is right, but I'm not sold on Cotch as a #1 yet. He's tough, runs good routes and [B]has great hands[/B], but I just don't know if he has the speed to beat double teams. If we get rid of Coles, bringing in an FA receiver becomes almost as big a priority as a new LG.[/QUOTE]

I remember alot of *****ing last season after 2 games that alot of people here blamed losing on dropped passes by Cotch..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383450]Two years ago Cotchery was a friggn' rookie and [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] a #1 WR.

Over the past two seasons, he has demonstrated he has the toughness, abilities and skills to assume the #1 WR position.

The Jets are crazy if they "hang on" to Coles and limit Cotchery's development.[/QUOTE]

Patriots are not getting Coles. LIMIT Cotchery's development????? He got over 1,100 yards receiving last season!!! How is he being limited??? If we don't get a legit #1 or #2 receiver in FA then we do not get rid of Coles.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2383254]I'd do it. the reality of the NFL is older players don't get more productive, just less and less

bring in fresh legs and big bodies for the mill[/QUOTE]

Unless your the patsies and pump up all your players with HGH!
    :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think any potential deal with the Jags would be GREAT for everyone involved.

1) Lav Coles gets to go home.

2) Coles gets his opportunity at winning a SB as the Jags are in a WIN NOW mode.

3) The Jets get value for Coles while they still can.

4) The Jets would get the chance to add some guy with supreme size. It seems to be necessity these days that you have a truly BIG WR. A guy who can lift your team into the stratosphere. Guys like Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress, and Randy Moss.........Is it a coincidence that ALL of those teams went deep into the playoffs?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan13;2383545]I remember alot of *****ing last season after 2 games that alot of people here blamed losing on dropped passes by Cotch..[/QUOTE]

True, and that was a problem, but on the whole he rarely drops passes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2383631]I think any potential deal with the Jags would be GREAT for everyone involved.

1) Lav Coles gets to go home.

2) Coles gets his opportunity at winning a SB as the Jags are in a WIN NOW mode.

3) The Jets get value for Coles while they still can.

[B]4) The Jets would get the chance to add some guy with supreme size. It seems to be necessity these days that you have a truly BIG WR. A guy who can lift your team into the stratosphere. Guys like Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress, and Randy Moss.........Is it a coincidence that ALL of those teams went deep into the playoffs?[/B][/QUOTE]
    Via draft, trade, or FA?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    all the rumors in JAX are Del Rio is sick of Marcus Stroud and wants to get rid of him. I wonder how he would look at 3-4 DE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;2383643]Via draft, trade, or FA?[/QUOTE]

I don't know........

I just heard Solomon Wilcots and Dan Leberfeld at the combine yesterday talking trading Vilma and a ?pick? (don't know what round) to get Roy Williams. Solomon said the Lions would need to get more than just Vilma, probably another pick, so maybe Coles to JAX fetches us that pick?

Or maybe you package picks with the pick we get for Lav Coles to some team for there BIG Wide Receiver?

I'm not sure that there is anyone in the draft really worthy of being put in the same class as Moss, Burress, and Owens, but if there is, maybe we can pull a deal that way.

What I do know is the NFL is a copycat league. Now there was TWO teams that got to the SB this year and had two beast wide outs in Moss and Burress. I think in both cases you could make the case that having those two big guys brought there offenses into another dimension.........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383303]"Used to be" a playmaker.

Coles skills have greatly diminished, plus he's a malcontent.

It would be highway robbery if the Jets got a 2nd rounder for Coles.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and he has had numerous injuries lately too. I hope the Jets seize the moment and get something for him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;2383296]Not to sound overly sentimental, but if we were to get rid of Coles, at least he'd be going "back home".

Depending what we got in return, it could be a win/win.

I love the guy, but I don't see how he's part of our "big picture" future.

Again, all dependent on what we would get for him . . .[/QUOTE]

OK Kenny G ! That's overly sentimental....:D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dbatesman;2383633]True, and that was a problem, but on the whole he rarely drops passes.[/QUOTE]

don't get me wrong, I love Cotch but I don't believe he is a #1 and if we don't upgrade the position, even with Coles, we are doomed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan13;2383251]great, lets get rid of the only person that resembles a playmaker[/QUOTE]

god go play madden with your 'playmakers'....i HATE that ****ing term!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2383723]I don't know........

I just heard Solomon Wilcots and Dan Leberfeld at the combine yesterday talking trading Vilma and a ?pick? (don't know what round) to get Roy Williams. Solomon said the Lions would need to get more than just Vilma, probably another pick, so maybe Coles to JAX fetches us that pick?

Or maybe you [B]package picks with the pick we get for Lav Coles to some team for there BIG Wide Receiver?[/B]
    I'm not sure that there is anyone in the draft really worthy of being put in the same class as Moss, Burress, and Owens, but if there is, maybe we can pull a deal that way.

What I do know is the NFL is a copycat league. Now there was TWO teams that got to the SB this year and had two beast wide outs in Moss and Burress. I think in both cases you could make the case that having those two big guys brought there offenses into another dimension.........[/QUOTE]

I like your thinkin'....seems like a solid move by the jets if you ask me

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan13;2383251]great, lets get rid of the only person that resembles a playmaker[/QUOTE]

John Abraham...Oh it's ok they have that stud BT....he wasn't going to be missed...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383303]

It would be highway robbery if the Jets got a 2nd rounder for Coles.[/QUOTE]

Tx is an ass as we all know but he is right on this one. A 2nd rounder in a draft like this as well as anything we can get for Vilma, Chad, D-Rob, etc.. would let us to restock the Oline and Dline which is the priority for building this team.

As for Coles he is a warrior no doubt but is one concusion away from Ted Johnson