Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383450]Two years ago Cotchery was a friggn' rookie and [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] a #1 WR.

Over the past two seasons, he has demonstrated he has the toughness, abilities and skills to assume the #1 WR position.

The Jets are crazy if they "hang on" to Coles and limit Cotchery's development.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love Jericho as much as the next guy, but he will never be a number 1 receiver. Look at the Redskins game from last year for example. Without LC opposite him, Cotch was not nearly as productive.

[quote=Ruby2;2383900]I love Jericho as much as the next guy, but he will never be a number 1 receiver. Look at the Redskins game from last year for example. Without LC opposite him, Cotch was not nearly as productive.[/quote]
    He also had no help at all from the other receivers.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WoodyPaige;2383901]He also had no help at all from the other receivers.[/QUOTE]

Also true, but still, in an ideal situation JC is your #2 guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383303]"Used to be" a playmaker.

Coles skills have greatly diminished[/QUOTE]

12 months ago he was invited to the probowl. Players like Rod Smith, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Keenan McKardell played at a high level into their late 30's.

Trading Coles does not make the Jets a better team, it would be a huge loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=copernicus;2383430]He wants big money and is threatening to sit out or pull a "Pete Kendall."

He's been hurt and is over 30.

The smart move would be to trade him and continue the rebuilding.........[/QUOTE]

What "rebuilding"? Fans say this but the actions of the team don't support it. We just traded for Thomas Jones less than a year ago. "Rebuilding teams" don't make moves like that. How about Kimo two years ago? Right or wrong, the FO wants to win now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=bman;2383322]I hate when fans just want to pile up picks! Picks mean nothing. The draft is a crap shoot. You hope that 4 or 5 guys from the draft even make the team. If they are trading coles for a pick, they better be bringing in Chad Johnson. Coles when healthy will give you 80 catches, 900 yards, 8 td's and he'll play hurt...Can you guarantee that production from a rookie....I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Good to know there's a few fans here that have some knowledge of the game :yes:
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 02-23-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383332]Exactly. There is no reason not to believe Cotchery can assume the #1 WR position.

Finding a reliable #2 should not be that difficult.

But what the Jets really need, is an effective slot receiver. Brad Smith is not the answer there.[/QUOTE]

How'd the receiving corp look without Coles in the lineup last season? You know nothing about the Jets.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;2383900]I love Jericho as much as the next guy, but he will never be a number 1 receiver. Look at the Redskins game from last year for example. Without LC opposite him, Cotch was not nearly as productive.[/QUOTE]

5 catches for 90 yards is a good game. Coles also missed the TEN game and Cotch caught 8 for 152

Are the Jets winning the Super Bowl with Coles on the team next year? Obviously not.

We are re-building and Coles does not fit into the long-term plans. Therefore, you deal him for picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Woody56;2383930]5 catches for 90 yards is a good game. Coles also missed the TEN game and Cotch caught 8 for 152[/QUOTE]

He also droped a crucial 4th quarter pass against Washington, which was what i was reffering to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2383966]Are the Jets winning the Super Bowl with Coles on the team next year? Obviously not.

We are re-building and Coles does not fit into the long-term plans. Therefore, you deal him for picks.[/QUOTE]

We're rebuilding? We're three offseasons into the M & T era dude. If you're 100% certain on what the teams plans are than I guess I haven't been paying attention because nothing this team does makes sense right now. If we're rebuilding Coles should have been traded a long time ago along with half the other players on the roster.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2383996]We're rebuilding? We're three offseasons into the M & T era dude. If you're 100% certain on what the teams plans are than I guess I haven't been paying attention because nothing this team does makes sense right now. If we're rebuilding Coles should have been traded a long time ago along with half the other players on the roster.[/QUOTE]

OK, I think we should re-build.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2383998]OK, I think we should re-build.[/QUOTE]

If we don't get 10 wins minimum this season, I'd include management in the rebuild, scrap the whole thing.

[QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2384001]If we don't get 10 wins minimum this season, I'd include management in the rebuild, scrap the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

If we get 10 wins this year Mangini goes back to Mangenious unless your counting pre-season too

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2383918]How'd the receiving corp look without Coles in the lineup last season? You know nothing about the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Insane people want to trade coles for picks. Insane 2006 jets mvp. Zero respect

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/192-2006-team-awards-most-valuable-player-laveranues-coles[/url]

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384008]Insane people want to trade coles for picks. Insane 2006 jets mvp. Zero respect

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/192-2006-team-awards-most-valuable-player-laveranues-coles[/url][/QUOTE]

Only bigots want to keep Coles.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384017]Only bigots want to keep Coles.[/QUOTE]

Like I said get you're helmet on get on you're horse and start you're crusade , You left wing radical nutjob.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384020]Like I said get you're helmet on get on you're horse and start you're crusade , You left wing radical nutjob.[/QUOTE]

Since when am I a left winger?

"you're helmet?" Your a bigot.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384026]Since when am I a left winger?

"you're helmet?" Your a bigot.[/QUOTE]

And you're a bleeding heart liberal and a waste of space. I wonder if anyone has ever taken you seriously except mom and dad you certifiable lunatic.