Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=jetfan13;2383251]great, lets get rid of the only person that resembles a playmaker[/QUOTE]

The guy is an aging, b*tching, walking injury.... it would be good riddance.... especially if we get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a draft class that is full of mid round talent.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384033]And you're a bleeding heart liberal and a waste of space. I wonder if anyone has ever taken you seriously except mom and dad you certifiable lunatic.[/QUOTE]

Am I a liberal? Who'd I vote for?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384026]Since when am I a left winger?

"you're helmet?" Your a bigot.[/QUOTE]

That's right I want a helmet on you when you're running.

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/evenifyouwin.png[/IMG]

All League
    I feel the Love in the room.....can't we all just get along?:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384008]Insane people want to trade coles for picks. Insane 2006 jets mvp. Zero respect
    [/QUOTE]

06 MVP?? He has 6 td's like Cotch and they were 7 catches and around 100 yds apart receiving.. And that was the first year Cotch started and played a whole season with Chad..Insane is liking 1 player over the Team and I like Coles but MVP?? I don't think so..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;2383353]godammit, i hate agreeing with you :mad:

Coles should be praised and admired for his toughness and no-nonsense attitude once he steps on the field. the guy leaves it all on the turf on gameday, and combined with years of getting hung up to dry by Chad's "lobs", his body is starting to break down.

i can't recall a season when LC didn't play through some nagging injury(ies) the whole time, and he's past the point in his career where he wants to sacrifice his body for a rebuilding team. if the guy doesn't wanna play here anymore, let him go and get some value while he's still worth a first-day pick (guessing bottom of the 2nd, top of the 3rd).

besides, Cotchery is turning out to be the same kind of receiver. what we need now is a big, physical deep-threat to match on the other side. it'll be tough to see LC go, but it's a move i'll support if and when it happens.[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you and others 100%. There is too much sentimental attachment on this board. Coles should be praised and thanked for his contributions to this team. He is a gamer. He'll play through anything that is not a concussion (and no body should play through that) and leaves it all on the field.

The problem is he is an aging gamer. And that style of play catches up with aging gamers (see Chrebet, Wayne) We can't afford to keep players in this category no matter how much we might like them. I already felt he wasn't the same player last year and his skills will continue to diminish. Yet he wants MORE MONEY. Not a good proposition for a team trying to rebuild. We need to get what we can for him while we can, or I fear his final seasons as a Jet will look similar to that of Chrebet.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2383372]I cannot see Coles, at this stage of his career and with his injury history, garnering us anything better than a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if we're lucky (or good).

And if thats all he's worth, I'd rather keep him. Our WR Corp. is weak as it is. Trading Coles mandates drafting a WR in the first round, and we have more pressing needs IMO.

Of course, it may become a mandatory move to ship Coles if the breach between him and the Jets has grown too wide over ohis claim that our Front Office has been dishonest in their dealing with him. If thats the case, I guess it's a "get what we can out of it" scenario. Sad, if it's come to that.[/QUOTE]

Disagree War. JMO, but if we do deal Coles, we would be better off dealing for a number 1. Oucho Cinquo would be my preference, but don't know if Mangini would deal with the personality. Personally, I think we could use that personality. We need a little swagger. Again Jmo I'd rather use our 1 on the lines or a LB (not a draftnik per se, so don't ask who Im looking for:))

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384064]That's right I want a helmet on you when you're running.

[/QUOTE]
    not cool

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2384064]That's right I want a helmet on you when you're running.

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/evenifyouwin.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Anyone see the irony in saying "get you're helmet"? It's the new: "your a retard". I love it.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384174]Anyone see the irony in saying "get you're helmet"? It's the new: "your a retard". I love it.[/QUOTE]

No, that's perfectly good grammer.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384174]Anyone see the irony in saying "get you're helmet"? It's the new: "your a retard". I love it.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry, but someone who is always on his high horse about grammar yet has a Wu-Tang avatar, is just someone i can not really take seriously.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;2384181]Im sorry, but someone who is always on his high horse about grammar yet has a Wu-Tang avatar, is just someone i can not really take seriously.[/QUOTE]

Giddyup :yes:

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/jojodogs/evenifyouwin.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

not cool - I expect a little more - even from Jet fans....:mad:

[QUOTE=PAJET;2384106]Disagree War. JMO, but if we do deal Coles, we would be better off dealing for a number 1. Oucho Cinquo would be my preference, but don't know if Mangini would deal with the personality. Personally, I think we could use that personality. We need a little swagger. Again Jmo I'd rather use our 1 on the lines or a LB (not a draftnik per se, so don't ask who Im looking for:))[/QUOTE]

Oh, I completely agree, I do NOT want to draft a WR in Round #1. Now, to be fair I don't want the cancer that is "Ocho Sicko" either, but I'm oldschool when it comes to sportsmanship.

My primary point was really just that:

--I dont see us getting alot for Coles. What we get back likely will not help in 2008/9 as much as Coles would.

--Once gone, the #1 WR Spot requires being filled, and Cotch isn't it (He's a good #2 though). Something would need be done.

[QUOTE=Ruby2;2384181]Im sorry, but someone who is always on his high horse about grammar yet has a Wu-Tang avatar, is just someone i can not really take seriously.[/QUOTE]

Really? GZA, RZA, Inspectah Deck and Ghostface are smart guys. ODB? I'll admit he was a dumb clown.

I'm not a grammar nazi. However, if someone consistently makes a basic grammatical error when attempting a lame joke, I will comment.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384209]Really? GZA, RZA, Inspectah Deck and Ghostface are smart guys. ODB? I'll admit he was a dumb clown.

I'm not a grammar nazi. However, if someone consistently makes a basic grammar error when attempting a lame joke, I will comment.[/QUOTE]

As smart as they may or may not be, I would seriously bet that they would fail your strict grammar standards, thats all:D

[QUOTE=Ruby2;2384211]As smart as they may or may not be, I would seriously bet that they would fail your strict grammar standards, thats all:D[/QUOTE]

Using slang does not mean that they do not understand proper grammar. I'm pretty sure GZA knows the difference between "you're" and "your." This is purely anecdotal, but I would put money on him scoring higher on the SAT verbal than 85% of this board.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2384218]Using slang does not mean that they do not understand proper grammar. I'm pretty sure GZA knows the difference between "you're" and "your." This is purely anecdotal, but I would put money on him scoring higher on the SAT verbal than 85% of this board.[/QUOTE]

lol, it would be interesting to see the results, that's for sure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Just a thought.

We have basically a rookie QB and a noodle armed back up.

Then we have an aging warrior getting killed over the middle and taking multiple concussions....

Recipe for disaster.

All things being equal, Coles doesnt last the 2008 season.

What can we do to cut our losses now?

Hall Of Fame
    fellas ,
    this could work.
    coles lives in jax during the off-season ( he had a " mansion " built right on the beach ).
    so , we don't have to worry about him making any trade to jax " difficult " .
    as long as the $'s are reasonable ; he'll sign a new contract with jax.

cheers ~ ~ ~