Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

[QUOTE=jetfan13;2383251]great, lets get rid of the only person that resembles a playmaker[/QUOTE]

He wants big money and is threatening to sit out or pull a "Pete Kendall."

He's been hurt and is over 30.

The smart move would be to trade him and continue the rebuilding.........

Bewildered Beast
    Screw Coles. Where was he when we were fielding a mature and strong team? He ran to another team for the money. Sure, he made nice and has played his butt off, but let's get something for him while we can, IF we can.

I hope Chansi Stuckey can bring it. I pray he can.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2383372]I cannot see Coles, at this stage of his career and with his injury history, garnering us anything better than a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if we're lucky (or good).

And if thats all he's worth, I'd rather keep him. Our WR Corp. is weak as it is. Trading Coles mandates drafting a WR in the first round, and we have more pressing needs IMO.

Of course, it may become a mandatory move to ship Coles if the breach between him and the Jets has grown too wide over ohis claim that our Front Office has been dishonest in their dealing with him. If thats the case, I guess it's a "get what we can out of it" scenario. Sad, if it's come to that.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. When I think back the past season, the main problem were the lines. We have to deal with that first. We can't "waste" an early draft pick for a good receiver. If we can get another good FA WR we can get rid of him, but unless this happens he is still a solid WR. He can make good plays when healthy and will play even when he is hurt.

If we trade him for a draft pick, then lets get rid of Jones and Washington too and announce we will be the first team in the NFL that goes 0-16...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Play2Win;2383377]It would be equivalent of trading away Kendall without a suitable replacedment[/QUOTE]

no, because we would go into FA and the draft knowing it's a need, the kendall thing happened in August

big difference

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetfan13;2383364]you are a idiot...2 years ago you continually said Cotchery was not a #1 and never will be...you are so predictable that you aren't even amusing anymore[/QUOTE]

Two years ago Cotchery was a friggn' rookie and [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] a #1 WR.

Over the past two seasons, he has demonstrated he has the toughness, abilities and skills to assume the #1 WR position.

The Jets are crazy if they "hang on" to Coles and limit Cotchery's development.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383332]Exactly. There is no reason not to believe Cotchery can assume the #1 WR position.

Finding a reliable #2 should not be that difficult.

But what the Jets really need, is an effective slot receiver. Brad Smith is not the answer there.[/QUOTE]

chansi stuckey showed promise in preseaon before he got injured so hopefully he could be that guy

All League
    It's all Speculation at this time nothing more.

Practice Squad
    I think we should trade every player on the roster for draft picks! What is with the obsession to trade all of the productive players on our team for a bunch of unproven players!! This is really a joke! You may see the Jets trade 1 player for a draft pick. This is the NFL and trades just don't happen that often in the NFL.

All League
    [QUOTE=bman;2383322]I hate when fans just want to pile up picks! Picks mean nothing. The draft is a crap shoot. You hope that 4 or 5 guys from the draft even make the team. If they are trading coles for a pick, they better be bringing in Chad Johnson. Coles when healthy will give you 80 catches, 900 yards, 8 td's and he'll play hurt...Can you guarantee that production from a rookie....I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

He's never had 8 touchdowns in a season.

[QUOTE=copernicus;2383430]He wants big money and is threatening to sit out or pull a "Pete Kendall."

He's been hurt and is over 30.

The smart move would be to trade him and continue the rebuilding.........[/QUOTE]

don't think he's threatened to hold out but he's said he didn't want this to be a Kendall like distraction.. he said worst case he comes back playing under his current deal which all in all isn't too bad for him.. that's pretty much verbatum.

But i agree, the smart move would be to investigate value.. I agree w what savage said almost exactly.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=OCCH;2383296]Not to sound overly sentimental, but if we were to get rid of Coles, at least he'd be going "back home".

Depending what we got in return, it could be a win/win.

I love the guy, but I don't see how he's part of our "big picture" future.

Again, all dependent on what we would get for him . . .[/QUOTE]

agreed

Veteran

Maybe we could package him with Vilma and get something in return

[url]http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1203744930220970.xml&coll=1[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383450]Two years ago Cotchery was a friggn' rookie and [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] a #1 WR.

Over the past two seasons, he has demonstrated he has the toughness, abilities and skills to assume the #1 WR position.

The Jets are crazy if they "hang on" to Coles and limit Cotchery's development.[/QUOTE]

I agree we should trade Coles if the price is right, but I'm not sold on Cotch as a #1 yet. He's tough, runs good routes and has great hands, but I just don't know if he has the speed to beat double teams. If we get rid of Coles, bringing in an FA receiver becomes almost as big a priority as a new LG.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383332]Exactly. There is no reason not to believe Cotchery can assume the #1 WR position.

Finding a reliable #2 should not be that difficult.

But what the Jets really need, is an [B]effective slot receiver[/B]. Brad Smith is not the answer there.[/QUOTE]

Agree here too. Smith is entering his 3rd year so we'll see what we've got..

Stuck could be that something in the slot if he can stay healthy.. but is only a dark horse as of now

ditto for Clowney minus the injury bug..

but i agree on the points overall going into the new season.

When Coles wasn't playing Cotch was INVISIBLE...Cotch is a solid #2..Bring in Chad Johnson if you let Coles go.

Banned
    [QUOTE=bman;2383487]When Coles wasn't playing Cotch was INVISIBLE...Cotch is a solid #2..Bring in Chad Johnson if you let Coles go.[/QUOTE]

True. But you could also say that was because the other teams could double cotch all game long because no one else on the team can catch?

Banned
    [QUOTE=EY;2383490]True. But you could also say that was because the other teams could double cotch all game long because no one else on the team can catch?[/QUOTE]

Whoa, wasn't Justin McCariens on the field when Coles was hurt? ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2383496]Whoa, wasn't Justin McCariens on the field when Coles was hurt? ;)[/QUOTE]

As I've always said, the only way to complete a pass to justin McCariens is to throw it hard enough and hit him in the head so it gets stuck in his facemask.

All Pro
    they dont call him manginious for no reason now...

[QUOTE=bman;2383487]When Coles wasn't playing Cotch was INVISIBLE...Cotch is a solid #2..Bring in Chad Johnson if you let Coles go.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's tough to be a #1 receiver when your #2 is Brad Smith.