Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better then Bongo-polooza--NFL rumors from the combine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bongo got a lot of his predictions right - outlandish or not.

Remember he only reports rumours and stuff he hears - a fair bit of that will stay in the realm of fancy because some rumours are untrue and others, though true at the time, never eventuate into reality.

To be honest it is not surprising to see that he has been nabbed by DD - he is a great source of insider information which seemed lost to the sensibilities of many posters here, who spent a lot of time attacking him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Black Death;2385619]Bongo got a lot of his predictions right - outlandish or not.

Remember he only reports rumours and stuff he hears - a fair bit of that will stay in the realm of fancy because some rumours are untrue and others, though true at the time, never eventuate into reality.

To be honest it is not surprising to see that he has been nabbed by DD - he is a great source of insider information which seemed lost to the sensibilities of many posters here, who spent a lot of time attacking him.[/QUOTE]

A lot of his predictions right? I'll leave that alone...

I have no problem with bongo nor his information- in fact I love it as much as the next person- as long as he presents it as unfiltered...

When he starts going into spiteful, "I told you so mode," I am obviously one who gets turned off by that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=genom;2385593]We already have a clear #1 WR. Coles is so underrated it's ridiculous, he may be getting old but the guy is a proven #1 WR in this league.[/QUOTE]

I like Coles but he's only a clear #1 on the Jets. There are 10, 15 or even more guys that I'd rather have than him. Coles is excellent but he'd be a #2 on most other teams in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks Coles is one hard hit away from retirement....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2385644]Me thinks Coles is one hard hit away from retirement....[/QUOTE]

+1.

I really hope people dont lump Coles, and Kendall together. Coles is asking for a big new contract at the age of 30 and is starting to remind me of wayne Chrebet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=gangGREENinsider;2385633]A lot of his predictions right? I'll leave that alone...

I have no problem with bongo nor his information- in fact I love it as much as the next person- as long as he presents it as unfiltered...

[B] When he starts going into spiteful, "I told you so mode," I am obviously one who gets turned off by that.[/B][/quote]
    Thats already started.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WoodyPaige;2385741]Thats already started.[/QUOTE]

Which annoys the crap out of me as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the sooner you realize bongo is a regular poster who probably has some good insider information, but blows it waaaay out of proportion, the better he is to understand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2385750]I think the sooner you realize bongo is a regular poster who probably has some good insider information, but blows it waaaay out of proportion, the better he is to understand.[/QUOTE]

Of all the stuff Bongo has posted, Can you find 3 draft rumors that panned out? Thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2385750]I think the sooner you realize bongo is a regular poster who probably has some good insider information, but blows it waaaay out of proportion, the better he is to understand.[/QUOTE]

The way I see it is it would be absolutely impossible to make up all these stuff for years now.

IMO Theres so much going around right now that the majority of rumors and trade talks just dont go through. I mean you even hear the GM's say that theres tons of ideas being bounced around.

And with that you have to totally understand that half those rumors are intentially sent out to the public on purpose by the teams, and the agents.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll never forget his sources saying it was a surefire thing we were trading up to nab Vince Young, hahaha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is what it is. when he posts it it is like wow. when he's right its great and he can thump his chest. when he's wrong we can't forget to call it like it is.

it's like that with everyone.

but the louder they call it, the louder is the call-out.

no biggie. bongo is just another cool guy around here.

he's what chicory is to coffee. some people don't drink coffee without the sh!t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom Line:

I would hate to lose bongo as a poster on JI. I always like to hear what he has to say.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2385633]A lot of his predictions right? I'll leave that alone...

When he starts going into spiteful, "I told you so mode," I am obviously one who gets turned off by that.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair enough comment; he has got [I]some[/I] predictions right, but as you imply he has got a lot wrong - for the reasons I said in my previous post.

I think most of the longer term posters here know what Bongo does and how he gets his information - I'm glad that we have at least access to what he hears via DD.

I thought you were tied to the DD guys as well? Bit and Rigs are your mates?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2385883]Bottom Line:

I would hate to lose bongo as a poster on JI. I always like to hear what he has to say.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. If nothing else he sparks great speculation and conversation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=genom;2385593]We already have a clear #1 WR. Coles is so underrated it's ridiculous, he may be getting old but the guy is a proven #1 WR in this league.[/QUOTE]

Coles is barely going to hang on to a number 2 position the way he is going. The health concerns are really alarming, IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem with Bongo personally but I find it interesting that when the Scouting Combine is on he's here posting meanwhile has anyone heard from CBtNY lateyly??......I know who's info I look for

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Voice of Reason;2385759]Of all the stuff Bongo has posted, Can you find 3 draft rumors that panned out? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

As far as his medical info, he has been right on. I look forward to his posts- he adds much to the board in my opinion.