Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better then Bongo-polooza--NFL rumors from the combine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Better then Bongo-polooza--NFL rumors from the combine.

Draftdaddy is posting daily rumors from the combine that are totally a must read if you want your daily fix of the NFL. This is the place where most decisions in FA occur, and most of the seeds for trading occur so there is ALOT going on right now.

Im posting this here because although its occuring at the combine ALOT of the rumors include NFL players, FA, and trading.

Below Im copying and pasting one of the five installments so far. To read the rest go to [url]http://draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm[/url]

[QUOTE]Look for veteran Billy Volek's name to surface in Atlanta. Even though they'll likely draft a quarterback 3rd overall, they need a veteran to start fresh and keep the seat warm. Volek is favorite of owner Arthur Blank, who offered him a deal once before to back up Michael Vick, but instead he went back to Tenneessee.

Look for Byron Leftwich's name to possibly surface in San Francisco. Martz thinks he can re-energize him and Alex Smith's support in the Bay Area is on life support. Carolina wide receiver Keary Colbert is also very interested in playing the slot for Martz. His agent confirmed that to us.

Kansas City is interested in quarterback Brian Brohm and have talked to his agents....Oakland is clearly looking for D-Line help and it appears their relationship with Tommie Kelley is close to over.....The Raiders staff has been told that this year they will be rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines in the draft....They also don't see running back Lamont Jordan coming back in Oakland.

Tatum Bell and Julius Jones have been linked to Tennessee, Tampa Bay and Carolina....Baltimore appears ready to admit defeat and they will rebuild the offensive line. They feel that last year was an aberration because of injuries and they realize that they still have enough on offense to win, with even Kyle Boller, but their offensive line has gotten awfully porous lately.

Marcus Stroud's longevity is clearly in doubt. His microfracture ankle surgery is really not responding and there is serious concern that he may never make it back to earn the money he signed for last year. The signing of Grady Jackson for two years was obviously done for this reason. They are also interested in bringing in Rod Coleman for a look see.

In Jacksonville they are excited with the emergence of young linebackers Clint Ingram and Justin Durant, so there is also talk that Mike Peterson days may be numbered....They also would love to pry Laveranues Coles from New York to bring him back home, so don't be surprised if thes two teams dance on draft day....Jax is also in the Justin Smith sweepstakes and has shown interest in veteran free agent wide receivers Bryant Johnson and Dante Stallworth.

Flozell Adams is now getting love from Kansas City, Baltimore and Atlanta....Carolina is still toying with trading Julius Peppers....Arizona is also still considering trading Larry Fitzgerald and there is still smoke around Ocho Cinco's stay in Cincy....I keep hearing that Mike Brown is willing to do something with Chad Johnson if Chad is willing to give back some bonus money pre trade and the new team will give him a new deal.

According to our main source in Indianapolis, Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall is being shopped league wide. Per the source, there are 7 teams interested in Hall, but the New York Giants have the best offer on the table, right now. Dallas is in it and Jerry Jones has asked for permission to talk numbers. The Cowboys may offer their second first rounder.

The word at the convention center that comes from DeAngelo Hall directly is that Rod Coleman and Alge Crumpler and himself are being cleared out because of their support of Michael Vick and the fact that the teams' new G.M. is from the Patriots and wants to scrub the lockeroom clean. Teams interested in Hall that our source has confirmed are: Dallas, New York Giants, Tennessee, Miami, Buffalo, New Orleans and Kansas City.

Our source also told us to be patient with this deal, as the Falcons are in no hurry to make this deal. A few years ago, at the 2006 Combine, he correctly told us Javon Walker would be traded from Green Bay to Denver. The trade did happen, but happend on April 29th, 2006.[/QUOTE]

Your the man Riggins...Keep it up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better then Bongo?

Them's strong words KR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bleedin' Green;2384525]Better then Bongo?

Them's strong words KR.[/QUOTE]

I like Bongo, but reading his notes used to give me a headache.

His work needed to be "coded":cool:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    These rumors are awesome, thanks KR. I picked out a few that are relevant

The first one looks like it could have something to do with the Jets. Mangini loves versatility...
    [QUOTE]

Michigan State's 2-way star (TE/DE) Kellen Davis' interview with a 3-4 team was interesting. He was asked defensive questions, even though he is grouped into the tight end group. Apparently this A.F.C. East franchise, which runs the 3-4 base defense, thinks his versatility is a key and they wanted to know if he would do some outside linebacker position workouts at his pro day since he wont be doing them here.

Veteran defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is trade bait and many 4-3 teams are lining up. Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Buffalo, and the New York Jets are all interested. Best offer so far is a 4th rounder.

The New York Jets' front office has denied any possible trades with Jacksonville for Laveranues Coles, but they clearly are shopping young linebacker Jonathan Vilma in Indianapolis.

[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better than Bongo? Are you sure that these rumours aren't from the man himself?

Because I have a strong suspicion Bongopalooza might have found its way to DraftDaddy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oakland is clearly looking for D-Line help and it appears their relationship with Tommie Kelley is close to over.....The Raiders staff has been told that this year they will be rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines in the draft....They also don't see running back Lamont Jordan coming back in Oakland.

All I know is the raiders don't want to lose their best allround Dlineman. Raiders offered him a big contract extension, but Kelly was content to test Freeagency(that was before he hurt his Leg) . JMO Raiders are going to make every effort to resign Tom kelly . Now will Kelly come back is anyone guess. He going to recieve alot of big offers on the open market. Hes a UFA and its his choice. Kelly Loss In FA would a BIG hit to raiders defense next year, and for their future.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raider9175 - do you think the emphasis on the lines means the Raiders will go with Ellis or Dorsey with their first pick? Or will crazy Al surprise everyone and go with McFadden ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;2384665]Raider9175 - do you think the emphasis on the lines means the Raiders will go with Ellis or Dorsey with their first pick? Or will crazy Al surprise everyone and go with McFadden ?[/QUOTE]

Good question lag, I'm wondering the same thing. DOn't rule out Chris Long, if there, either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;2384659]Oakland is clearly looking for D-Line help and it appears their relationship with Tommie Kelley is close to over.....The Raiders staff has been told that this year they will be rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines in the draft....They also don't see running back Lamont Jordan coming back in Oakland.

All I know is the raiders don't want to lose their best allround Dlineman. Raiders offered him a big contract extension, but Kelly was content to test Freeagency(that was before he hurt his Leg) . JMO Raiders are going to make every effort to resign Tom kelly . Now will Kelly come back is anyone guess. He going to recieve alot of big offers on the open market. Hes a UFA and its his choice. Kelly Loss In FA would a BIG hit to raiders defense next year, and for their future.[/QUOTE]

He's been hanging around his pal Barton in NYC lately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is going to be one of our most active offseasons in a while. These are the most rumors I've heard us involved in. Vilma, Coles, possibly gone, plus all the new trades, draft picks, and FAs... we could have a completely different team by September. And that's a good thing. Mangini needs this offseason to finally get the exact players that fit our mold.

I see Vilma for Rodgers... Coles for a second...

Sign Faneca and an OT.

Then, you either draft McFadden, or trade down. Pick up a big playmaking WR.

We'd be taking a lot of chances but I think it could set us in the right direction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you do realize it is Bongo who is the source of most of those rumors, don't you? I am pretty sure he's a source for DD

So in affect, it is "Bongo-polooza"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;2384665]Raider9175 - do you think the emphasis on the lines means the Raiders will go with Ellis or Dorsey with their first pick? Or will crazy Al surprise everyone and go with McFadden ?[/QUOTE]
    Sure Raiders probably want to shore up both lines but I don't see drastic change of personel. (more adding to pieces ) Raiders dline was never fully healthy last year.
    Will say It again what happens with tom kelly will determine what Raiders do in the draft.(IF Raiders can re-sign him- they want him back ) I could see Kelly as a DE on the run downs and DT on passing downs. Second Raiders traded Denver a fifth rounder for Gerard Warren(So he going to play somewhere) JMO I think Warren is best suited to play W sapps undertackle position) T sands who suppose to be the run stuffer isn't going anywhere due to contract he signed last year. (going to be backup used in a rotation)

SO IF Raiders can resign Kelly. Im Looking at Dline -LDE- Tom Kelly/ backup jay richardson lDT - Run stuffer DT Raiders are one of the teams you can bet are after Shaun rodgers RDT Gerard warren RDE D Burgess
    IF Kelly resigned I think Raiders could possible looking at DE more than DT. One you never have enough pass rushers(see Giants) and the fact that they eventually have to find D burgess sucessor. Raiders are supposedly trying to Lock up Chris clemons(he just situational pass rusher) Again don't see how much the Dline or Oline going to change.

Oline - Raiders are looking for a LT (priority) and other pieces . Usually a Denver blocking system dosen't invest high draft choices on oline.

I don't think ellis is an AL davis type of DT, Or dorsey for that matter. Jmo0 I don't see MCfadden going to raiders . Usually AL Davis Never trades down with his first pick(makes the pick) With No third(for LT mario Henderson) and fifth for G Warren) he might try to trade Mcfadden for more picks. IF C long or Dorsey are off the boards when they pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2384791]you do realize it is Bongo who is the source of most of those rumors, don't you? I am pretty sure he's a source for DD

So in affect, it is "Bongo-polooza"[/QUOTE]

I doubt this. Bongo's "rumors" were always incredibly ridiculous, these seem much more realistic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2384791]you do realize it is Bongo who is the source of most of those rumors, don't you? I am pretty sure he's a source for DD

So in affect, it is "Bongo-polooza"[/QUOTE]

I know who it is, and hinted at it earlier already.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    [B]
    Bowman might be there in the 4th for us now. [/B]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    has.......bongo.............been ................around?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Bongo. He did this last year for DD...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2385247]It's Bongo. He did this last year for DD...[/QUOTE]

:eek:
    I'm very surprised by this. Bongo's rumors were always so outlandish and far fetched seeing as none of his tips ever actually happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not afraid to say that I miss Bongopalooza big time! One of the best sources of entertainment on this site outside of a jetsrule thread or a Tx vs. RayRay pissing contest!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes;2384521]Draftdaddy is posting daily rumors from the combine that are totally a must read if you want your daily fix of the NFL. This is the place where most decisions in FA occur, and most of the seeds for trading occur so there is ALOT going on right now.

Im posting this here because although its occuring at the combine ALOT of the rumors include NFL players, FA, and trading.

Below Im copying and pasting one of the five installments so far. To read the rest go to [url]http://draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm[/url]

Your the man Riggins...Keep it up.[/QUOTE]

Vilma and a pick for Fitzy or Ocho Cinco to give us a clear #1 WR. I'd love that.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 02-24-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2385576]Vilma and a pick for Fitzy or Ocho Cinco so give us a clear #1 WR. I'd love that.[/QUOTE]

We already have a clear #1 WR. Coles is so underrated it's ridiculous, he may be getting old but the guy is a proven #1 WR in this league.