Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest on Coles to Jacksonville

[QUOTE=neckdemon;2386131]i do it because i think the guy sucks so far as a HC. i love the jets, always have always will.........doesn't mean i have to like the HC[/QUOTE]

I bet you do. I also bet you were one of the fans calling him Man-Genius after he went 10-6 in year one.

I just don't get all the Mangini hate when everyone knew when we signed him that this was going to be about a 3-year turnaround. The guy had to turn 4-3 personell into a 3-4, completely revamp the O-Line, and try and get by with a mediocre QB. Give him time, I still think he can be a good coach in this league.

[quote=bonkertons;2386398]I bet you do. I also bet you were one of the fans calling him Man-Genius after he went 10-6 in year one.

I just don't get all the Mangini hate when everyone knew when we signed him that this was going to be about a 3-year turnaround. The guy had to turn 4-3 personell into a 3-4, completely revamp the O-Line, and try and get by with a mediocre QB. Give him time, I still think he can be a good coach in this league.[/quote]

i never called him mangenius once. just like i don't use that corny tangini moniker for th current incompetent regime we have. and turning the 4-3 to the 3-4 is part of the reason i don't like this dude. the qb issue is another reason. imo, he has been mostly incompetent,,,,there hasn't been an improvement in any area of our team since he's been here. run game still sucks. run defense still sucks. pass rush still sucks. offense still sucks. i can understand not making the play-offs but at least show some f*cking improvement somewhere.

Veteran
    If we didn't get it done with Sperm Edwards trying too deploy a TAMPA 2 and we don't have the players for a 3-4 D just a 4-3 then why do we keep hiring HCs that seem to have no idea on how to work with what they have? instead you get Sperm and have him F#*& up the O LINE by not drafting any prospects and Mangini taking a "4-3" team and turning it into a hybrid D that can't stop the run... at all. I'm not bashing him and I understand that what he's doing takes time but it just looks like a he doesn't know what he is doing and it just sucks to watch that's all.:steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2385441]Matteau.[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mudcat21;2385787]It was Mangini's choice to use the 3-4 despite not having the personnel to play it.[/QUOTE]

Not only don't they have the personnel to play it, in their 3rd year they're still having a hard time being able to find players to play it. It's not easy when you run a system that heavily relies on a position like NT and then each draft has MAYBE one guy who can adequately play the position. Head over to the draft forum and you'll find numerous conversations on what seems to be the one true 3-4 NT in this draft...The Tuba!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=neckdemon;2386472]...there hasn't been an improvement in any area of our team since he's been here...[/QUOTE]

We have Cheerleaders

And the Team is making more money then ever before

That is [B]TWO [/B]areas of improvement

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2384976]Me neither Copernicus....there are 29 other teams, one of which plays in NY. Why not cheer for them if the Jets are so bad?[/QUOTE]

There are 32 teams in the NFL.
    So 29 + Jets = 30
    Which two teams are you not referring to?:D

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2386697]LMAO.[/QUOTE]

95, 2000, 2003...and in a couple months 2008.

Still laughing?