Thread: Arsenal's Edouardo Severely Injured

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Arsenal's Edouardo Severely Injured

Got attacked during game (3rd minute), and is out for the year with a broken leg (will also miss Euro with Croatia).

Absolutely horrendous tackle. This dude should be suspended for as long as Edouardo is out.

Warning: Graphic pics:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzBbZOr0z0Y

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell kind of tackle was that?

Veteran
    Cirencester ENGLAND Capital of the Cotswolds
    Post Thanks / Like
    A truely bad tackle thats for sure.

In my opinion I don't think he meant to do that much harm. It was a welcome to the game type thing. Birmingham are facing relegation, you can only imagine how fired up they were. 49 times out of 50 the guy will ride the challenge.

Get well soon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

What the hell kind of tackle was that?
    A Marerazzi tackle.

Seriously, there are rough players everywhere, and you do want to 'send a message' off the bat sometimes that it's going to be a long day. But it has to stay clean, none of this cleats forward a second too late BS. He wanted to hurt him plain and simple IMO.

Like Mama always said: it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    But it has to stay clean, none of this cleats forward a second too late BS. He wanted to hurt him plain and simple IMO.

Of course he wanted to hurt him, not like that though. You see it in every game in every league at every level. It's competition, sometimes accidents happen.

I'm not condoning the tackle, I just don't agree with life bans & witch hunts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalco.uk View Post
    Of course he wanted to hurt him, not like that though. You see it in every game in every league at every level. It's competition, sometimes accidents happen.

I'm not condoning the tackle, I just don't agree with life bans & witch hunts.
    Accidents happen.

Going in to hurt the guy and he ends up out for the season is different.
    No witch hunt, just suspension for as long as the injured player seems fair.
    JMO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Accidents happen.

Going in to hurt the guy and he ends up out for the season is different.
    No witch hunt, just suspension for as long as the injured player seems fair.
    JMO
    Ok, what happens if the guy jumps the tackle, does the tackler get away without a yellow card?

Look at the player involved. Taylors last red card was about 8 years ago!!
    He's not exactly an enforcer is he. All he was trying to do was impose himself on the opposition. Any player who doesn't do that won't stay a professional very long. Taylor was told he could leave Birmingham City, my guess is that he was out show he could play against the best players.

I think that the only reason we are having this discussion is because of the graphic nature of the injury (it looks terrible) but there were probably worse tackles made in other games.

I'll bet most people will see it as a bad mistimed tackle not a hatchet job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalco.uk View Post
    Ok, what happens if the guy jumps the tackle, does the tackler get away without a yellow card?

Look at the player involved. Taylors last red card was about 8 years ago!!
    He's not exactly an enforcer is he. All he was trying to do was impose himself on the opposition. Any player who doesn't do that won't stay a professional very long. Taylor was told he could leave Birmingham City, my guess is that he was out show he could play against the best players.

I think that the only reason we are having this discussion is because of the graphic nature of the injury (it looks terrible) but there were probably worse tackles made in other games.

I'll bet most people will see it as a bad mistimed tackle not a hatchet job.
    I agree this made headlines because of the gravity of the injury.

Poor bastard ..