Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Interested In James Hardy or Carl Nicks In the 2nd

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Jets Interested In James Hardy or Carl Nicks In the 2nd

[QUOTE]Jets Have Eyes Toward the Draft
    Yes, free agency starts next week but the Jets' brass is checking out college prospects this weekend. The team is looking to fill holes on the offensive line, defensive line and wide receiver. Two players are on Gang Green's radar according to Scouts.com and both are potential second round selections for the team.

One is wide receiver James Hardy from Indiana. The Jets need a BIG target at the receiver position and Hardy would certainly fit the bill. He is 6-5, 220 and has speed as well. Just how much speed is still in doubt, that is why all eyes will be on his 40 time this weekend.

The other player getting a lot of attention from the Jets is offensive tackle Carl Nicks from Nebraska. Nicks is a huge, physical tackle who would fit perfectly at right tackle for Gang Green. Also, new offensive line coach, Bill Callahan, is very familiar with Nicks and is putting in a good word for him. He is listed at 6-5, 335 and would certainly upgrade the team's right tackle spot instantly.

Post a comment | View comments (0)[/QUOTE]

[url]http://blog.nj.com/jets/[/url]

I like either guy, Nicks more so because we have 4 mediocre offensive linemen and 1 good center. We need bodies with talent, Nicks looks to be the part.

James Hardy is our man...he has to be..ran a 4.4 by the way

Like Both...

Im wondering if Nicks has moved passed Otah, or Cherilous on anyones boards.

Otah, and Cherilous look sloppy..although Otah may have been injured.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm liking the James Hardy pick... but I don't know what that means for Coles's future. If we could get a second round pick for him, which would essentially mean Hardy for Coles... I think you make that move. While the rookie is unproven, this team needs to look to the future.

Practice Squad
    Love both. We NEED to get at least 2 second rounders. So much talent in that area.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Bullitt245;2385505]I'm liking the James Hardy pick... but I don't know what that means for Coles's future. If we could get a second round pick for him, which would essentially mean Hardy for Coles... I think you make that move. While the rookie is unproven, this team needs to look to the future.[/QUOTE]

.... agreed, weather Coles stays or goes this season, we still need a WR, Coles has 2 years tops left with his age and injuries. So taking Hardy in the 2nd would not be that big of a surprise, or dissapointment in my eyes.

[QUOTE]Michigan State's 2-way star (TE/DE) Kellen Davis' interview with a 3-4 team was interesting. He was asked defensive questions, even though he is grouped into the tight end group. Apparently this A.F.C. East franchise, which runs the 3-4 base defense, thinks his versatility is a key and they wanted to know if he would do some outside linebacker position workouts at his pro day since he wont be doing them here.[/QUOTE]

Here is a blurb from Draftdaddy

Jets or Patriots....?

I think Nicks is gonna be one of those solid NFL G or RT for the next 10 years. But I think he's one of those guys that might be too soon early second and too late early 3rd. If we want him, looks like it has to be in the 2nd.

For a solid OLine with what might be a limited ceiling my pick would be Hardy who may....maaay be the next Plaxico Burress without the attitude and better hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Carter;2385516]Love both. We NEED to get at least 2 second rounders. So much talent in that area.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets need to move Vilma for a 3rd or 4th so that we can package a couple of picks together and move up. I'd love to see the Jets end up with 4 or 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Maybe a trade down from 6 makes that happen as well.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2385534]Here is a blurb from Draftdaddy

Jets or Patriots....?[/QUOTE]

Or Dolphins.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2385484][url]http://blog.nj.com/jets/[/url][/QUOTE]

I like both...but if we get a strong T in round #1...I would be very interested in Hardy at #2...but I think we need Nicks more...Long and Nicks...oh Leon and Jones might run well...very well....

[QUOTE=HessStation;2385551]I think Nicks is gonna be one of those solid NFL G or RT for the next 10 years. But I think he's one of those guys that might be too soon early second and too late early 3rd. If we want him, looks like it has to be in the 2nd.

For a solid OLine with what might be a limited ceiling my pick would be Hardy who may....maaay be the next Plaxico Burress without the attitude and better hands.[/QUOTE]

But to play devils advocate, there is going to be a good amout of red zone type WR talent in later rounds.

Like most are saying, can't go wrong with either, but I would rank Hardy higher than Nicks overall.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2385534]
    Michigan State's 2-way star (TE/DE) Kellen Davis' interview with a 3-4 team was interesting. He was asked defensive questions, even though he is grouped into the tight end group. Apparently this A.F.C. East franchise, which runs the 3-4 base defense, thinks his versatility is a key and they wanted to know if he would do some outside linebacker position workouts at his pro day since he wont be doing them here.

Here is a blurb from Draftdaddy

Like a Vrabel? A touchdown catching LB???

[QUOTE=HessStation;2385572]But to play devils advocate, there is going to be a good amout of red zone type WR talent in later rounds.

Like most are saying, can't go wrong with either, but I would rank Hardy higher than Nicks overall.[/QUOTE]

Yes Hess...but those big horses up front help you do everything...at TB I knew it...at CB and S I knew it also...both sides of the ball...get those great lines first..then all things are possible..

In the bowl game I watched Nicks looked very good run blocking, but his pass blocking needed work.

[QUOTE=shodan9999;2385587]Yes Hess...but those big horses up front help you do everything...at TB I knew it...at CB and S I knew it also...both sides of the ball...get those great lines first..then all things are possible..[/QUOTE]

Great point sho, but are you reaching with Nicks in the 2nd? I'm not sure. Again, he looks to be a solid prospect but I usually want something more out of the second pick, especially if you can find a player like Benedict in the 3rd?

[QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes;2385497]Like Both...

Im wondering if Nicks has moved passed Otah, or Cherilous on anyones boards.

Otah, and Cherilous look sloppy..although Otah may have been injured.[/QUOTE]

The two of them have definitely dropped on my draft board. And I think that's a good lesson for me.

Early in the draft period I was critical of Otah. He always seemed to end up on his butt whenever he played. And Cherilus gave up some sacks when I watched him. Some of that I attributed to playing out of position at LT instead of RT. But I wasn't very impressed with either guy.

However everybody everywhere seemed to love these guys. So I thought "maybe I missed something". And I went along for the ride. Jumped on the bandwagon and all.

Well sure enough I see the pair at the Combine again and they both look bad. Definitely not first round material.

So from now on I'm going to try to stick to my guns better and stay with my original assessments. It's tough to do but I think first impressions are often the correct ones.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2385534]Here is a blurb from Draftdaddy

its the pats.. we dont play linebackers at TE.

Practice Squad

Carl Nicks

I would be very happy with Nicks in the second round, and either Ellis or Ghoston in the first.. You build in the trenches...