Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets Interested In James Hardy or Carl Nicks In the 2nd

Given that Callahan recruited and coached Nicks at Nebraska, if he says he's a good prospect, he is.

It's like when the ex-Michigan coach on the Jets staff gave us the inside info on David Harris.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love both, but I think Nicks is more realistic.

I think Hardy goes late 1st. Nicks should still be around at #37 and he would definitely fill the role of the big roadgrader on the right side. There's also the Callahan connection at Nebraska.

I'd love heading into next season with this O-line:

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Alan Faneca
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Carl Nicks

All Pro
    I don't know Hardy well but I know we need O-line help more than WR.

Especially with the premium on the O line these days. We're not going to fill those holes in FA.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2385816]I love both, but I think Nicks is more realistic.

I think Hardy goes late 1st. Nicks should still be around at #37 and he would definitely fill the role of the big roadgrader on the right side. There's also the Callahan connection at Nebraska.

I'd love heading into next season with this O-line:

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Alan Faneca
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Carl Nicks[/QUOTE]

Yea that line looks good.

I like Nicks, but I want the FO and the coaching staff to draft a tackle that can play right away, I don't want a project or a "potential" prospect. I want someone who might not have the high ceiling but is bright enough and physical enough to step in right away.

Nicks could be that guy, but the point is; we need help there right away.

[QUOTE=HessStation;2385605]Great point sho, but are you reaching with Nicks in the 2nd? I'm not sure. Again, he looks to be a solid prospect but I usually want something more out of the second pick, especially if you can find a player like Benedict in the 3rd?[/QUOTE]

That is also true Hess...and it might be a good way to go...

already posted this about james hardy

I watched Hardy in a game last season. I forgot who the opponent was, but Hardy was amazing. It seemed like he carried the team. BLUE CHIP.

All Pro
    Does anyone other than me believes that Carl Nicks at 6-4 would make a better LG than RT.

I had would be very happy with either selection. Ideally I wanted the Jets to address RT in FA, but thanks to franchise tags and re-signings that is look much less likely. However, if the Jets could find a way to fill RT in FA and get Hardy in round 2, I would be ecstatic. Or maybe even take one, then move up from their pick in the third and get the other? I can't see it happening because there are sure to be a number of other teams targeting these same two guys, but I would love it.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;2385742]The two of them have definitely dropped on my draft board. And I think that's a good lesson for me.

Early in the draft period I was critical of Otah. He always seemed to end up on his butt whenever he played. And Cherilus gave up some sacks when I watched him. Some of that I attributed to playing out of position at LT instead of RT. But I wasn't very impressed with either guy.

However everybody everywhere seemed to love these guys. So I thought "maybe I missed something". And I went along for the ride. Jumped on the bandwagon and all.

Well sure enough I see the pair at the Combine again and they both look bad. Definitely not first round material.

So from now on I'm going to try to stick to my guns better and stay with my original assessments. It's tough to do but I think first impressions are often the correct ones.[/QUOTE]

Albert from Virginia has moved up with me. He looks like a stud. Would love to see a trade down at six and possible pick him up at the end of the first if he's still there......