Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumor: Drob for Mike Peterson? (merged)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=AG;2385677]Who knows, maybe Mangini is pulling his head out of his *** and going back to the 4-3.

We would have a f***ing mean 4-3 defense.[/QUOTE]

by trading a dt who would excel in the 4-3 for a linebacker who wouldn't start unless we traded vilma? what good would that do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Am I crazy, or does JAX already have two of the best defensive tackles in the league with Henderson & Stroud?

Somewhere, I think someone is laughing at the sh!t that will get printed during the combine. I have no problem getting Mike Peterson, but why would JAX want D-rob & that contract?

[QUOTE=NFL NYJETS;2385939]As much as I would love to get rid of DRob, I don't think Peterson would do us much good if he is a 4-3 linebacker. We might as well keep DRob and Vilma.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=One Eye;2385972]Am I crazy, or does JAX already have two of the best defensive tackles in the league with Henderson & Stroud?

Somewhere, I think someone is laughing at the sh!t that will get printed during the combine. I have no problem getting Mike Peterson, but why would JAX want D-rob & that contract?[/QUOTE]

word has it that Jax has concerns over Stroud's health, might be looking for some insurance.

RUmor: D-Rob for Jacksonville's Peterson

[url]http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm[/url]

All Pro
    what position will DROB be playing.. DE?

i mean they have Marcus Stroud & John Henderson... no way Robertson is beating them out for a starting spot

All Pro
    L Coles, D Robertson.... M Patterson & 2nd

Veteran
    No way Jax has 2 of the top DT's in the league.

NFL Network said Stroud's health is suspect due to microfracture surgery on his ankle.. Nflnetwork said his future with Jax is questionable.

I'd rather keep DRob and move him to DE and draft RED/TUBA whoever to hold down the middle with Pouha. Mike Peterson was rumorred to be cut.

Stroud is not recovering well from microfracture surgery and doesn't look like he'll be ready for the season

no way did you guys look at his age he is 31 years old the Jets can do better then this. I rather swap Drob for Shuan Rogers. I keep Drob and trade him for draft picks. I think the Jags will be fleecing the Jets in this trade. Peterson is only 235 pounds you might as well keep vilma who is younger and the same weight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

This rumor is bogus

Jet fans really are unreal. For the past two years we've been praying that we'd be able to trade D-Rob for ANYTHING, now all of a sudden a rumor pops up that we'd be getting a pretty damn good LB back in return and you guys want to pass on that? Makes no sense.

Even if you don't think he can play in the 3-4, we KNOW Robertson can't play in the 3-4 and we are losing two of our starting LBs, we need bodies. If this deal is on the table you definately pull the trigger.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2385654]Let's remember, even guys like Peterson and others aren't the perfect LB fit for us....WE NEED BODIES. We play a 3-4 so we need at least 4 starters and several backups plus it looks like Hobson is a goner and we're trying to trade Vilma. Who the heck is going to play LB for the Jets in 2008? I see Harris, Barton and Bryan Thomas....and I'd still like to upgrade Barton or possibly Thomas. So, I have no problem trading for a talented LB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then we could also just keep Vilma...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=AG;2385719]Maybe im thinking a little too much here but maybe we trade D-Rob to Jax for Peterson. Then ship Peterson and a 4th rounder to Detroit for Shaun Rogers. This way everyone wins. Jax gets their guy to play along side John Henderson, Detroit gets their 4-3 linebacker with a draft pick and the Jets get their bonafide 3-4 NT and also get rid of D-Robs contract.

Sounds like a baseball type trade.[/QUOTE]

Now that's what I'm talkin about. :yes:

Veteran
    But in this trade I can't see us holding onto Vilma. Wouldn't we have to give him up in the trade to?:huh:

DFat for M. Peterson
    Vilma for S. Rodgers

Woot! Its just like madden :)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=AG;2385649]I love Peterson and the way he plays but isn't he a pure 4-3 backer? Kind of similar to Vilma? Even if he is a 4-3 fit I would have to have him on the team and for D-Rob? Thats a steal IMO.[/QUOTE]

totally agree, he's a Vilma clone only younger with less recognition. Why import a Vilma clone when he himself doesn't fit our scheme and the Jags don't run a 34 D?

DRob for Mike Peterson would be an awful trade for us. Maybe if the Jags threw in a bunch of draft picks it would make a little sense.