Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TUBA just doing the Bench.....

Chalk another one up for CBNY.

All Pro
    Need + Bench Press = Reach

Is this guy the 36th best player in the country?

[QUOTE=David Harris;2385988]Need + Bench Press = Reach

Is this guy the 36th best player in the country?[/QUOTE]

Not sure
    But he's the best NT prospect this draft.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes;2385917]Unless Miami trades with Dallas we should be fine.

Dallas runs a 1 gap, and has their dlineman signed.
    SF needs a WR, or offense bad. Nolans going to lose his job next year, and Tuba is a 2 year investment IMO.
    Miami--If they dont take a QB at one, We should be safe. That spot could be T, or QB.[/QUOTE]

Dallas does not have a true NT. They talk about it on talk radio out here. Jason Ferguson was the man, but he's done. I would be worried about the Boys taking him late in the first.

[QUOTE=chirorob;2386002]Dallas does not have a true NT. They talk about it on talk radio out here. Jason Ferguson was the man, but he's done. I would be worried about the Boys taking him late in the first.[/QUOTE]

Dallas doesnt run a true 3-4.

I would be shocked if they even considered him in round 1.

Parcells is the biggest threat here in Miami, but I really think hell use the pick on a QB, or Tackle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=WoodyPaige;2385858]Ahtyba Rubin.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask the question but thanks for the answer. I've been scratching my head the last few days wondering who "Tuba" is.

Must be easier for people type than "Rubin" ;)

[QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes;2386006]Dallas doesnt run a true 3-4.

I would be shocked if they even considered him in round 1.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I think there's a very good chance he's there in the second and we get him. A perfect fit/pick

San Diego is the team I most fear taking Rubin.

If he's gone, does anyone think Red Bryant can be a NT ?

I would like to guess that hell be a top 20 player on OUR board. These guys are more rare then top QB's in the draft.

When you're a 3-4 team the other teams rankings have no bearing on our own. It could easily be argued that Rubin would be a more valuable pick for the Jets than Dorsey who will probably be selected in the top 5. Dorsey doesn't fit in the 3-4 though so the rankings don't matter.

Veteran
    I worry about San Diego. They really don't have any glaring needs, and Jammal is nearly done. I am sitting here salivating at the possiblity of Vernon Gholston or Derick Harvey paired up with Ahtyba Rubin. Our defense would be top 10 next year with that guaranteed.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;2385909]1-27 San Diego,
    1-28 Dallas - an extra pick to burn
    [B]1-29 SF - switching to the 3-4 defense[/B]
    2-1 Miami

any could take him[/QUOTE]

SF has been playing the 3-4 for the past 3 years (flexing most of the time due to lots of injuries annually).

I COULD see the 49ers go for Rubin at 29 if they can't re-sign Sopoaga. Aubrayo Franklin is not the answer at NT. 2nd round would be more likely though.

[QUOTE=genom;2386026]I worry about San Diego. They really don't have any glaring needs, and Jammal is nearly done. [B]I am sitting here salivating at the possiblity of Vernon Gholston or Derick Harvey paired up with Ahtyba Rubin. [/B]Our defense would be top 10 next year with that guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

With the way the draft is shaking out, that might be our best two value picks. We have crucial needs at OLB and NT. If we could solve both this draft our 3-4 might actually start to work.

Also the OL look pretty deep this year. I'd guess we can get some decent guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Especially if we can get 1 FA offensive lineman (which is a pretty reasonable expectation).

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;2386038]With the way the draft is shaking out, that might be our best two value picks. We have crucial needs at OLB and NT. If we could solve both this draft our 3-4 might actually start to work.

Also the OL look pretty deep this year. I'd guess we can get some decent guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Especially if we can get 1 FA offensive lineman (which is a pretty reasonable expectation).[/QUOTE]

+1

If we get Harvey, Rubin, and a solid RT in the first 3 rounds, we will have filled all of our major needs except WR and LG, which will hopefully be filled through FA. Talk about a successful draft.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=persiussa;2386021]When you're a 3-4 team the other teams rankings have no bearing on our own. It could easily be argued that Rubin would be a more valuable pick for the Jets than Dorsey who will probably be selected in the top 5. Dorsey doesn't fit in the 3-4 though so the rankings don't matter.[/QUOTE]

Great, so despite having 11 holes we can reach for a guy that "fits our system."

The Jets are the most talent-deplete team in the NFL this side of Miami. We need top players not Kenyon Colemans.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;2385928]I'll bet Miami takes a QB at 2-1, either Flacco or Henne. Probably Flacco since Parcells loves the huge, big armed guys.[/QUOTE]

Flacco at 22, Tuba at 2.1 sounds right for a tuna draft day's work,

remember if he's value at 2.6 he's also a fit for SD at 1.27 and PIT,CLE or any 3-4 team.

very good player, i hope he's there, but don't expect it.

[QUOTE=Black Death;2385966]Chalk another one up for CBNY.[/QUOTE]

no doubt. cbny is a real draft expert and nailed this one back in november

i think you guys may be overvaluing Rubin quite a bit -- i don't see anyway he makes his way into the first round. even in the rare event that he does, we should still be able to grab Red Bryant at 2.6, who i think is a better overall prospect and already has experience as a 3-4 NT.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2386077]no doubt. cbny is a real draft expert and nailed this one back in november[/QUOTE]

You should pay him a retainer at your other place for inside info - that is if you can get your head around giving a dyed-in-the-wool Republican money. :D

[QUOTE=HessStation;2385907]He's my #1 first choice in the 2nd right now.[/QUOTE]

Hess I am starting to have the same excitement about this draft as I had for 2006 ...