Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will we make the cuts?

When will we make the cuts?

McCariens,Graham,Dyson,Barrett,etc.

It seems everyone else is trimming the fat or has done it already.

One mans fat is another mans TOFU.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'd like both Dyson and Barrett to stay for depth in the secondary. Agree on McCareins and Graham though.

[QUOTE=Cack89;2386198]McCariens,Graham,Dyson,Barrett,etc.

It seems everyone else is trimming the fat or has done it already.[/QUOTE]

Never; Graham and McCareins will be Jets forever.

All Pro
    I dont get it Dyson is solid. Why would the Jets want to get rid of him? He is the second best corner on this team behind Revis.

[QUOTE=Cack89;2386198]McCariens,Graham,Dyson,Barrett,etc.

It seems everyone else is trimming the fat or has done it already.[/QUOTE]

With all our cap space there is no urgency to release these guys. Why not hold on to them as long as we can, in the hopes that a trade market develops for one or more of them? Plus, why should we release them until we know we have an adequate replacement on the roster?

[QUOTE=Gagoots;2386199]One mans fat is another mans TOFU.[/QUOTE]

or another woman's FUPA

[QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2386233]Never; Graham and McCareins will be Jets forever.[/QUOTE]

They just emailed and thanked you for your support.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;2386245]or another woman's FUPA[/QUOTE]

Whats fupa?

[QUOTE=Gagoots;2386248]Whats fupa?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="5"]F[/SIZE]at [SIZE="5"]U[/SIZE]pper [SIZE="5"]P[/SIZE]***y [SIZE="5"]A[/SIZE]rea

aka, Teacher's Pouch... aka, Gunt...

i'll stop there.

With all the cap space the Jets have, and all of the holes (which they won't be able to fill all of in one offseason), the Jets have reason to move ahead with cuts now. The reality is most, if not all, of the guys mentioned will be given their last chances in training camp. The fact is that the Jets have needs at all of those positions where the potential cuts are, and there's no guarantee they'll be able to find upgrades for all of those guys. Granted I can't see how JMac won't be a goner, but if they aren't able to bring in anyone else, the Jets would be better off with guys like Dyson, Barrett and Graham then nobody. Plus you have to consider with how poor the Jets depth is, it may be in the Jets best interest to keep some of the starters they replace to serve as backups. Even if they are likely overpaid for that, if you have the cap room to do it then why not?

Where do you guys get the idea that Dyson is being cut?
    Other than idiot-posters here who know nothing about football, where are you hearing this from?

[QUOTE=Baddniss;2386322]Where do you guys get the idea that Dyson is being cut?
    Other than idiot-posters here who know nothing about football, where are you hearing this from?[/QUOTE]

It's been speculated in a few random writer's blogs, although I don't remember specifically who (Cimini maybe?), mostly based on speculation due to Dyson being inactive for a number of games last season. I'm not seeing that happening though, doesn't seem to really make any sense.

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.
    made up rumors!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If Dyson becomes a free agent the Jets should sign that beast! :D

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2386362]If Dyson becomes a free agent the Jets should sign that beast! :D[/QUOTE]

haha i actually really laughed out loud

[QUOTE=Bleedin' Green;2386328]It's been speculated in a few random writer's blogs, although I don't remember specifically who (Cimini maybe?), mostly based on speculation due to Dyson being inactive for a number of games last season. I'm not seeing that happening though, doesn't seem to really make any sense.[/QUOTE]

Injuries from early in last season shouldnt scare us re this upcoming season, especially with our lack of depth at this position.
    What would we possibly gain by this cut??? We already HAVE $28 million of excess cap space!!!! Lets try to USE some salary $, not create more unused excess cap space. This just makes no sense at all. None.

[QUOTE=Big Chaz;2386329]made up rumors![/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is a good example of the (sometimes) stupidity of internet websites, because you get posters who really have no clue what they are posting about.

All Pro
    tomorrow

i wish and hope

[QUOTE=ganggreen4life;2386239]I dont get it. Dyson is solid. Why would the Jets want to get rid of him? He is the second best corner on this team behind Revis.[/QUOTE]

Correct.
    This simply shows the problem with internet message boards. 50% of what you read is totally "made-up" garbage that has ZERO basis in reality.