Thread: Who do you like more because of their bad combine?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you like more because of their bad combine?

Whos your Cotchery?

Whos your guy that didnt have the speed/performance that will now slip, and you like later then you thought?

For Me so far.....

Bowman should drop near the 4th round area due to his offseason.
    Manningham should drop a few rounds.
    Jeff Otah/Cherilous may get to us in round 2.
    John Carlson should fall, and Rucker who I still like seems like hell be available in the 3rd or 4th.

Yours?

(Mods please move!, thought I was in the draft forum lol)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely Bowman. He'll be a starter someday, and maybe even a Pro Bowler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the opposite trend, sounds like Hardy is gonna end up going earlier than he was projected a little while ago. The way they're talking about him he likely crack the first round

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Hart. He'd never need 4.4 speed anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good post. People are going crazy over all those 40 times yet you can't forget about the actual play on the field...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    excellent thread

I think you want to look for a guy who had a good senior year, looked solid in the Senior Bowl and only drops because his 40 time was poor. And that guy is Mike Hart.

Very productive at Michigan - 5000 yards rushing and 41 TD over his 4 year career. Good pass receiving skills and nice hand in the skills competitions. Compact frame with good musculature at 5-9 206 - kind of like Maurice Jones Drew. But his 40 time was horrible. My grandmother could have outrun the guy.

I think Hart would be an excellent late round pickup. Given his productivity at Michigan the guy knows how to run the ball even without great speed. He'll be a backup RB, a between-the-tackles guy. Good character, nice addition to the team. For a 6th or 7th rounder (or maybe even UDFA) I could think of a lot worse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;2386516]excellent thread

I think you want to look for a guy who had a good senior year, looked solid in the Senior Bowl and only drops because his 40 time was poor. And that guy is Mike Hart.

Very productive at Michigan - 5000 yards rushing and 41 TD over his 4 year career. Good pass receiving skills and nice hand in the skills competitions. Compact frame with good musculature at 5-9 206 - kind of like Maurice Jones Drew. But his 40 time was horrible. My grandmother could have outrun the guy.

I think Hart would be an excellent late round pickup. Given his productivity at Michigan the guy knows how to run the ball even without great speed. He'll be a backup RB, a between-the-tackles guy. Good character, nice addition to the team. For a 6th or 7th rounder (or maybe even UDFA) I could think of a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

Agreed if he gets that far down. But sadly, backup RB is just about the last position we need on Offense, unless you think we can pair him with Leon without having another 'feature' back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry KR i like the players that have good combines :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    James hardy.

He does it on the field and he did it on the combine stage.A few yrs ago,i saw a kid who had a tremendous college career at Hostra go to the Combines and lit it up.For some reason,all the NFL experts who're paid to evaluate these
    players ignored what was evident and that kid wasn't drafted untill the 7th round.(might have been the 6th but that's not important).Today,just a few short yrs later,that kid is a starting WR for the Saints displaying pro-bowl ability.

Only difference between him and Hardy is Hardy played at Indiana.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;2386560]James hardy.

He does it on the field and he did it on the combine stage.A few yrs ago,i saw a kid who had a tremendous college career at Hostra go to the Combines and lit it up.For some reason,all the NFL experts who're paid to evaluate these
    players ignored what was evident and that kid wasn't drafted untill the 7th round.(might have been the 6th but that's not important).Today,just a few short yrs later,that kid is a starting WR for the Saints displaying pro-bowl ability.

Only difference between him and Hardy is Hardy played at Indiana.[/QUOTE]

Hardy had a pretty good combine just not a good 40

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tellin ya..

Hardy's a phenom. He's from my hometown. He went to my wife's high school. Just sit back and watch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;2386566]Hardy had a pretty good combine just not a good 40[/QUOTE]

Didn't Hardy run a 4.47 at the combines or was that unofficial.

You know,the same thing happened to that kid from the Saints.
    Colston, Marques

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw on another board that someone said: "Hardy will either dominate or he will be out of the league in 2 years!" For what it's worth but I think a big guy like him would be a solid pick...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realize they still probably won't be there but I would still love an Otah, Cherilus pick in the 2nd.

Adarius Bowman has probably taken the biggest nose dive so far. I think he'd be a steal in the 4th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;2386619]I saw on another board that someone said: "Hardy will either dominate or he will be out of the league in 2 years!" For what it's worth but I think a big guy like him would be a solid pick...[/QUOTE]

If he was drafted in the 1st round,that might be a consideration due to the off the field incident and the fat bonus he would have received.But considering that he will probably drop due to that incident maybe into the early 3rd,he's gonna have to earn his money.

Kid is gonna be a player in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2386442]Mike Hart. [B]He'd never need 4.4 speed anyway[/B].[/QUOTE]

Backup RB's usually don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2386845]Backup RB's usually don't.[/QUOTE]

oooooooooooooooooooooh. hurt me rjf. hurt me. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2386921]oooooooooooooooooooooh. hurt me rjf. hurt me. :D[/QUOTE]

That was the best Aten response I could think of.