Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vilma Update: He's given permisson to seek a trade to everyone except: (merged)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Vilma Update: He's given permisson to seek a trade to everyone except: (merged)

You guessed it. The Patriots. LMAO. As I posted the other day, JV has been allowed to seek a trade. But today, I guess there's one team that he can't go to.

[url]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/25/jets_vilma_is_on_market/?page=1[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fuzzyjetsfan;2386510]You guessed it. The Patriots. LMAO. As I posted the other day, JV has been allowed to seek a trade. But today, I guess there's one team that he can't go to.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the Pats even want that loser?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

For the same reason

you constantly post on a Jets message board day in and day out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2386512]Why would the Pats even want that loser?[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't, he isn't a member of the AARP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Vilma is not a cheater, that is why he can't go play for the Pats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the PATS wanted Thomas, the POOR MANS Vilma, so why not the real deal?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he's three or four years and several rounds of "magicical rejuvenation" treatments away from being your prototypical NE LB.

Then, along with his first purchase of an electronics filled helmet worthy of NASA, he will be a great "comeback story".
    Last edited by 32green; 02-25-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that conversation between Tanny and Vilma's agent. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm one of the few that will be unhappy to see Vilma wearing another team's jersey next year. They better not let him go cheap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

He took two semesters of photography at the U?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2386547]I guess I'm one of the few that will be unhappy to see Vilma wearing another team's jersey next year. They better not let him go cheap.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry JDub, the Jets will get at least a 5th for the under achiever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2386552]Don't worry JDub, the Jets will get at least a 5th for the under achiever.[/QUOTE]

bah bah bah bah!!! hey TX....shut your mouth idiot!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A second would be a nice pick up for vilma... then trade D-rob and Coles to jax for a 2nd and 4th. Send that 4th to Det for SR! A perfect plan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetscc26;2386553]bah bah bah bah!!! hey TX....shut your mouth idiot![/QUOTE]

Quality post.

I look forward to all your future contributions.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2386552]Don't worry JDub, the Jets will get at least a 5th for the under achiever.[/QUOTE]

I think if some team is willing to fit a round peg in a round hole, he will be a great LB for years to come.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of under-achievers...

[IMG]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news_images/20080205/p7g.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2386547]I guess I'm one of the few that will be unhappy to see Vilma wearing another team's jersey next year. They better not let him go cheap.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was thinking that with all this secrecy about injuries and the pressure to perform while nursing injuries, are we (the all knowing fans) too quick to 'write off" guys as dogging it, or not fitting a scheme?

How far back does Vilma's knee thing go? I'm certainly not buying the official story....

Even with THomas Jones, another guy bashed here regularly, I know he didnt have the blocking he needed but folks also forget he was injured fairly significantly early on in camp...in an NFL atmosphere, do these guys ever get the chance they need to really recover?

Just a random Monday morning thought.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I thinks it's funny

when people say he's a round peg in a square hole. No offense to anyone, and I love to see Vilma here, but these guys are athletes and professionals. He should be able to adjust and adapt to any position.
    Hell, Devin Hester was playing WR, Brad Smith was playing WR, Dieon Sanders was a DB, WR, and baseball player.... the list goes on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You aren't the only one buddy. I still think Vilma could be a huge part of this D. I'd be sad to see him go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fuzzyjetsfan;2386573]when people say he's a round peg in a square hole. No offense to anyone, and I love to see Vilma here, but these guys are athletes and professionals. He should be able to adjust and adapt to any position.
    Hell, Devin Hester was playing WR, Brad Smith was playing WR, Dieon Sanders was a DB, WR, and baseball player.... the list goes on.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but at this level there is a fine line between being a good player and a great player. It's like baseball, could you take Mariano Rivera and make him a 7 inning starter? Sure, he's a pitcher but he's a different kind of pitcher. Same with Vilma, he's a MLB for the 4-3, not an ILB for the 3-4. He's been below average in the new system but can still play it. Put him back in the system he's known for most of his life and he excels.