Thread: 0Red Bryant and Merling dissappoint

0Red Bryant and Merling dissappoint

Im leaving Indy today at 130 my last players i saw.........Both lifted terribly......17 and 20.........reps

Groves ran a 4.51 and weighed in at 252.............30 reps.........he will go top 15 for sure now.

When i get back i may post some more interesting stuff from last nights interviews......it got hot in some rooms.

[QUOTE=bongo59;2386782]Im leaving Indy today at 130 my last players i saw.........Both lifted terribly......17 and 20.........reps

Groves ran a 4.51 and weighed in at 252.............30 reps.........he will go top 15 for sure now.

When i get back i may post some more interesting stuff from last nights interviews......it got hot in some rooms.[/QUOTE]

thanks bongo

thats unbelievable Groves threw up 30 at 252...

All Pro
    Before his toe injury in his senior year, many mocks had Groves even in the top ten. He is a great talent and he fits our defense perfectly. He already played LB in college, is a devastating pass rusher and playmaker and he is a leader...

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;2386853]Before his toe injury in his senior year, many mocks had Groves even in the top ten. He is a great talent and he fits our defense perfectly. He already played LB in college,[B] is a devastating pass rusher and playmaker[/B] and he is a leader...[/QUOTE]

he can be...but will he be...is my concern.

Which one will you get?

I like Groves alot, but I think there is still a chance he will be available at the bottom of round 1 or the top of round 2.

red bryant may need to get stronger but he just ran a 4.98 that's not dissapointing at all.

speed more important than strength at every position

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Groves ain't going top 15....he left after the 40 and didn't do the position drills...

Bryant also did much better then originally projected- he ran well and looked terrific in d-line drills...

everyone talks about the 40/BP/VJ...yet rarely do they mention the position drills which are equally important...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

btw: Groves measurements were 6030/259lbs...

[QUOTE=bitonti;2386946]red bryant may need to get stronger but he just ran a 4.98 that's not dissapointing at all.

speed more important than strength at every position[/QUOTE] i heard from a scout that the number did not surprise them because his arms are so long...........that might be the reason.