Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 0Red Bryant and Merling dissappoint

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

0Red Bryant and Merling dissappoint

Im leaving Indy today at 130 my last players i saw.........Both lifted terribly......17 and 20.........reps

Groves ran a 4.51 and weighed in at 252.............30 reps.........he will go top 15 for sure now.

When i get back i may post some more interesting stuff from last nights interviews......it got hot in some rooms.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bongo59;2386782]Im leaving Indy today at 130 my last players i saw.........Both lifted terribly......17 and 20.........reps

Groves ran a 4.51 and weighed in at 252.............30 reps.........he will go top 15 for sure now.

When i get back i may post some more interesting stuff from last nights interviews......it got hot in some rooms.[/QUOTE]

thanks bongo

thats unbelievable Groves threw up 30 at 252...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before his toe injury in his senior year, many mocks had Groves even in the top ten. He is a great talent and he fits our defense perfectly. He already played LB in college, is a devastating pass rusher and playmaker and he is a leader...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;2386853]Before his toe injury in his senior year, many mocks had Groves even in the top ten. He is a great talent and he fits our defense perfectly. He already played LB in college,[B] is a devastating pass rusher and playmaker[/B] and he is a leader...[/QUOTE]

he can be...but will he be...is my concern.

Which one will you get?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Groves alot, but I think there is still a chance he will be available at the bottom of round 1 or the top of round 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    red bryant may need to get stronger but he just ran a 4.98 that's not dissapointing at all.

speed more important than strength at every position

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Groves ain't going top 15....he left after the 40 and didn't do the position drills...

Bryant also did much better then originally projected- he ran well and looked terrific in d-line drills...

everyone talks about the 40/BP/VJ...yet rarely do they mention the position drills which are equally important...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    btw: Groves measurements were 6030/259lbs...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2386946]red bryant may need to get stronger but he just ran a 4.98 that's not dissapointing at all.

speed more important than strength at every position[/QUOTE] i heard from a scout that the number did not surprise them because his arms are so long...........that might be the reason.