Thread: Gholston reps 37, Long runs 4.7

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Gholston reps 37, Long runs 4.7

Gholston and Long r my to biggest prospects. Hopefully we take one of these guys.

Gholston ran a 4.64
    Last edited by ThePenguin; 02-25-2008 at 12:21 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Gholston too. I watched him play, I think he'd fit in to whatever the defense is called that we run.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty decent. i'd like to see us take a shot on Shawn crable in a later round. He ran a faster 40 than Gholston and benched 29. He'd be a good LB for us IMO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need so many players that as long as we get decent guys that can play, everyone should be happy with that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;2387056]we need so many players that as long as we get decent guys that can play, everyone should be happy with that.[/QUOTE]

Al Bundy can agree with that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;2387011]Gholston and Long r my to biggest prospects. Hopefully we take one of these guys.

Gholston ran a 4.64[/QUOTE]

I do not think Gholston or Long will be there for us at 6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do u think is going to take Gholston?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope the Jets draft Gholston, the guy tied Jake Long for most bench reps and ran a nice 40. We need a pass rusher and it looks like Gholston could be that gy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very interested in Gholston... But I'm genuinely worried the guy is on steroids. His physique and combination of strength and speed are just... Unnatural.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;2387097]I do not think Gholston or Long will be there for us at 6.[/QUOTE]

The more I read this board I'm convinced we won't have a shot at the 10 best players picking at 6..:P

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;2387056]we need so many players that as long as we get decent guys that can play, everyone should be happy with that.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy that.... :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2387149]The more I read this board I'm convinced we won't have a shot at the 10 best players picking at 6..:P[/QUOTE]

Exactly... Atlanta, nor KC is taking Long or Gholston so how the hell is one of them not going to be there at 6?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Dan Conner im very disapointed in that

Edit- Hes supposed to go 6th in the LB 40... not sure if hes going to run since he has the flu
    Last edited by ThePenguin; 02-25-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Dan Conner. Think he drops to the second round?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had no doubt that Gholston would do some good lifting. One look at the guy confirms that he is a lifter/bodybuilder. I just hope he's as good a football player. He didn't look it against LSU, but I haven't seen him play much otherwise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does anyone care about combine numbers? That doesnt mean anything. Suggs ran a slow 40. Does he suck? Jared Allen rep'd the 225 only 10 times i believe. Who cares? The only thing the combine does is produce busts. Guys like Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, Reggie Bush, Sinorice Moss and all these guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;2387194]I had no doubt that Gholston would do some good lifting. One look at the guy confirms that he is a lifter/bodybuilder. I just hope he's as good a football player. He didn't look it against LSU, but I haven't seen him play much otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Remember Dorian Boose?? Built like Tarzan played like Jane..:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;2387192]No Dan Conner. Think he drops to the second round?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, he's still one of the better linebacker prospects out there. Though he has some serious coverage issues imo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;2387120]Who do u think is going to take Gholston?[/QUOTE]

I don't know at this point. But he is a Merriman clone and that is tough to pass up for ANY team. Despite his 40 time I think that McFadden's stock is dropping. I am starting to think that Dorsey will be there at 6, but he does not fit. This would not shock me:

Miami Chris Long
    St Louis Jake Long
    Falcons Matt Ryan
    Raiders Vernon Gholston
    Chiefs Ryan Clady

FWIW, I think I am on the Gholston bandwagon. This, of course, insures that he will not be available at 6 or if he is we do not select him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2387238]Why does anyone care about combine numbers? That doesnt mean anything. Suggs ran a slow 40. Does he suck? Jared Allen rep'd the 225 only 10 times i believe. Who cares? The only thing the combine does is produce busts. Guys like Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, Reggie Bush, Sinorice Moss and all these guys.[/QUOTE]

Reggie Bush would have been picked in the top 5 if he was in two leg casts going into that draft. He was an elite prospect and had nothing to do with his combine numbers.

By you logic, you can say all the college football season does is produce busts, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Cadillac Williams.