Thread: Trade Down For...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Down For...

If the rumors are true that teams want to get ahead of the Pats, I think the best thing is to trade down, but stay in the top 10 and draft Mendenhall or Stewart. Not that I like them more than DMC. But I think there are good prospects at OLB that can be had at the top of the second, so we could get Mendenhall and Avril instead of DMC. But I don't think we can leave this draft w/o getting one of those 3 top RBs. What do you guys think?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does anyone care more about the Pats than any other team? They don't have any glaring holes thus they are no specific threat to take a player at any one position. I just can't see teams caring about the Pats any more than anyone else other than the fact that they have a history of perhaps trading down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;2387348]Why does anyone care more about the Pats than any other team? They don't have any glaring holes thus they are no specific threat to take a player at any one position. I just can't see teams caring about the Pats any more than anyone else other than the fact that they have a history of perhaps trading down.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the Jets are in no position to worry about what anyone else is doing. We aren't good enough to do that. We need the best players for the JETS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;2387329]If the rumors are true that teams want to get ahead of the Pats, I think the best thing is to trade down, but stay in the top 10 and draft Mendenhall or Stewart. Not that I like them more than DMC. But I think there are good prospects at OLB that can be had at the top of the second, so we could get Mendenhall and Avril instead of DMC. But I don't think we can leave this draft w/o getting one of those 3 top RBs. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I would go into next season with the same RBs we have and focus on other positions. Leon has improved from a productive rookie year at RB to being a solid back up to T Jones. There is no reason to doubt that Leon has a chance to become a better than average RB in the NFL. Thomas Jones was the tenth leading rusher in a year that most Jets fans thought he didnt get the ball enough. He also ran beind the worst line.

Fix the line and watch both Jones and Washington become better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stay where we are and take Matt Ryan.

And Spencer Larsen would look real nice next to Harris.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;2387433]Stay where we are and take Matt Ryan.

And Spencer Larsen would look real nice next to Harris.[/QUOTE]

I really can't see the Jets taking a QB before the fourth round, the third round at the earliest if someone falls to us who was expected to go earlier. Drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round would send a message that the FO has no faith in Clemens, which clearly is not the case. They may not be sure he's the answer, but I don't think they are ready to decide he's definitely not, and I don't really think they should until he gets to play behind a legit OL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jr17892;2387523]I really can't see the Jets taking a QB before the fourth round, the third round at the earliest if someone falls to us who was expected to go earlier. Drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round would send a message that the FO has no faith in Clemens, which clearly is not the case. They may not be sure he's the answer, but I don't think they are ready to decide he's definitely not, and I don't really think they should until he gets to play behind a legit OL.[/QUOTE]

We're heading into the 3rd yr of the Mangini regime.If we go into this season and find out that Clemens is not the answer,then we're forced to look at drafting a QB next yr in the 4th yr of the regime.Now Let's say it takes a yr before we give that QB the team.That means that going into the 5th yr of the mangini regime we still won't know if we have a QB for the future.

Who in they right mind is going to bet they career on a short QB that after 2 training camps,and 8 regular season starts,we still have no idea what we have.That's why the browns have a bargaining chip now that some here believe they can move for a 1st rounder,and still have Anderson who is either a keeper or can be moved for a decent return.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think RB should even be on Jet Fans minds this year.