Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we hear about this for the rest of the year?

Will we hear about this for the rest of the year?

Watching last night's Hannity and Colmes and I am just besdie myself watching Sean Hannity rehash the "doctrine" of the Church Obama belonged too?

I have been hearing about this for almost a year now, will this keep coming up?

I mean do people really care about this?

ANd would it be surprising that a church in Chicago that was formed in 1957, would have a doctrine to lift the black community up? I mean who else cared about Blacks in 1957?

To me this fact alone makes the doctrine A-OK.

Do the Obama detractors really think this stuff will stick? Or has any bearing on the man himself?

This is the same Hannity who talks about the broken promises of gov't, such as Social Security should of been put in a lock box. Wonder where he go that idea from?

[QUOTE=piney;2390559]Watching last night's Hannity and Colmes and I am just besdie myself watching Sean Hannity rehash the "doctrine" of the Church Obama belonged too?

I have been hearing about this for almost a year now, will this keep coming up?

I mean do people really care about this?

ANd would it be surprising that a church in Chicago that was formed in 1957, would have a doctrine to lift the black community up? I mean who else cared about Blacks in 1957?

To me this fact alone makes the doctrine A-OK.

Do the Obama detractors really think this stuff will stick? Or has any bearing on the man himself?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, because it has hate spewing out of his ministers mouth. Let me ask you this if John McCain went to a church that wanted seperation of the races would you care? If Barack doesn't agree with the pastor leave the church!

let me ask you this: why is it okay for liberals to attack Huckabee for his religous beliefs or Romney for his religous beliefs? Why is Obama perceived as unattackable? The entire thing reeks of hypocricy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2391678]let me ask you this: why is it okay for liberals to attack Huckabee for his religous beliefs or Romney for his religous beliefs? Why is Obama perceived as unattackable? The entire thing reeks of hypocricy.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

If Religion and Asscoication is fair game for Republicans, it's fair game for Democrats.

Truth is, it's just as legitimate a question as asking why a candidate attends a church led by a KKK member who preaches against blacks. It's not a major black mark on Obama - there are any number of reasons to be turned on by one church or another, and there's nothing in his record that leads me to think he's a racist - but I know I'd stand up and walk out of a synagogue that was led by a rabbi who was making racist speeches

Hall Of Fame
    Piney - just put together a list of things we are allowed to use to evaluate Obama and list of things we're not. Apparently the racism of his church is on the "not" list.

"Lift the black community up." Yeah, uh, that's one way of putting it....

I don't think its a big deal. I think Obama's policies are bad enough on their own that worrying about his church is pointless. But if the GOP can't make their case, they desrrve to lose to him...and I think they will.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2391711]Truth is, it's just as legitimate a question as asking why a candidate attends a church led by a KKK member who preaches against blacks. It's not a major black mark on Obama - there are any number of reasons to be turned on by one church or another, and there's nothing in his record that leads me to think he's a racist - but I know I'd stand up and walk out of a synagogue that was led by a rabbi who was making racist speeches[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many people who have responded are Black and truly understand what it was like to be a black man in the late 50's and early 60's.

To have a place to go where there were other black families all pledging to work together and help each other is not racially devisive.

Is his pastor? I don't know.

But to equate a church doctrine like that of Obama's church with a KKK doctrine in another is very different. There is no hate in what the church does, it doesn't target other races, it simply tries to build a community among black families.

Back then, when the church was first formed, it makes a lot of sense.

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2391881]Piney - just put together a list of things we are allowed to use to evaluate Obama and list of things we're not. Apparently the racism of his church is on the "not" list.

"Lift the black community up." Yeah, uh, that's one way of putting it....

I don't think its a big deal. I think Obama's policies are bad enough on their own that worrying about his church is pointless. But if the GOP can't make their case, they desrrve to lose to him...and I think they will.[/QUOTE]

this isn't about what is aloud or not, Hannity has a habit of repeating his same ol' lousy talking points.

Look, attack on the issues, discuss something that is important, that is all.

[QUOTE=piney;2391917]I wonder how many people who have responded are Black and truly understand what it was like to be a black man in the late 50's and early 60's.
    [/QUOTE]

Do you? Were you there? Are you black?

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2391678]let me ask you this: why is it okay for liberals to attack Huckabee for his religous beliefs or Romney for his religous beliefs? Why is Obama perceived as unattackable? The entire thing reeks of hypocricy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is right to attack anyone on their religious beliefs.

I do think it is ok to find out if they will run the country solely based on your religion.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2391926]Do you? Were you there? Are you black?[/QUOTE]

I know plenty of them, and plenty of old men. I also read and understand the cultural/social history of our country.

[QUOTE=piney;2391936]I know plenty of them, and plenty of old men. I also read and understand the cultural/social history of our country.[/QUOTE]

And that makes you an authority on the subject?

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2391946]And that makes you an authority on the subject?[/QUOTE]

I never said that, just saying that it appears pretty obvious what it means, also if you do some research there were about 3,000 chruches formed between 1955-1968 which were solely targeting the black community and focused on helping rebuild that community.

Are you really saying that what I am saying is way off-base?

[QUOTE=piney;2391929]I don't think it is right to attack anyone on their religious beliefs.

I do think it is ok to find out if they will run the country solely based on your religion.[/QUOTE]

so you are assuming Obama wouldnt run the country based on his religion or his affilations? His background is shady, and the fact that no one raises it or he refuses to discuss it (I commend him last night for denouncing (not rejecting) Farrakahn's support) personally makes me extremely uncomfortable with his background.

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2392120]so you are assuming Obama wouldnt run the country based on his religion or his affilations? His background is shady, and the fact that no one raises it or he refuses to discuss it (I commend him last night for denouncing (not rejecting) Farrakahn's support) personally makes me extremely uncomfortable with his background.[/QUOTE]

but isn't that what is important? he distances himself from both what his minister says and from Farrakahn.

I mean what background are you talking about that is shady?

[QUOTE=piney;2391936]I know plenty of them, and plenty of old men. I also read and understand the cultural/social history of our country.[/QUOTE]

remember "meathead"
    from "All In The Family"...

[QUOTE=shodan9999;2392288]remember "meathead"
    from "All In The Family"...[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Neither is Valid

I do think some on the left mocked Huckabee for some of his creationism beliefs, and the only relevance to politics should be ensuring that he would not suppress science as the current administration has. Though I think the current administration does it more for the energy companies than any true religious beliefs. His beliefs as a Christian make no difference to me as to his capability to be President.

As for Mitt, I think he took more hits from the religious Right than from the left. Again, his mormonism does help him or hurt him in my viewpoint.

Barrack should (and will) be challenged on his actions and his statements. After the Clintons are done, Rush, Sean Carl and Ann will attempt to do a major hatchet job on Barracks entire life. This will be the most scrutinized candidate in our history.

I hope Barrack and McCain stay above this crap.

-tj

[QUOTE=tahoejet;2392310]I do think some on the left mocked Huckabee for some of his creationism beliefs, and the only relevance to politics should be ensuring that he would not suppress science as the current administration has. [/QUOTE]

What science has been suppressed???