Thread: Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling

Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling

[url]http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm[/url]

[QUOTE][b]Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming[/b]

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to wipe out nearly all the warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year's time. For all four sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.

Scientists quoted in a past DailyTech article link the cooling to reduced solar activity which they claim is a much larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases. The dramatic cooling seen in just 12 months time seems to bear that out. While the data doesn't itself disprove that carbon dioxide is acting to warm the planet, it does demonstrate clearly that more powerful factors are now cooling it.

Let's hope those factors stop fast. Cold is more damaging than heat. The mean temperature of the planet is about 54 degrees. Humans -- and most of the crops and animals we depend on -- prefer a temperature closer to 70.

Historically, the warm periods such as the Medieval Climate Optimum were beneficial for civilization. Corresponding cooling events such as the Little Ice Age, though, were uniformly bad news.[/QUOTE]

Please Bitonti, for the love of God. Put that bicycle away and drive a Hummer.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2392118][url]http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm[/url]

Please Bitonti, for the love of God. Put that bicycle away and drive a Hummer.[/QUOTE]

I would say read more before letting an article by Micheal Asher convince everyone, this guy has been writing about debunking global warming for a at least a year and a half.

I am not saying he is wrong, but he isn't very objective. He has a point of view (global warming does not exist) and then writes article to help make his point.

Not really different from someone who believes in global warming and only writes article about the existence of it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dean, didn't you get the memo from the Chicken Little Society? We're not calling it "Global Warming" anymore, because of the data like yours that makes us look foolish. We call it "Human-Induced Climate Change" now, so we can self-loathe and keep our scam going no matter which way the thermostat goes.

everyday we get these political threads

obama this
    hillary that
    save the whales
    chop the trees
    don't chop the trees

why? This is a football site.

Hall Of Fame
    Tempuratures going down is totally consistent with AGW theory. Everything is consistent with AGW. Repent, lest ye be cast into the fires of AGW!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JFB;2392169]everyday we get these political threads

obama this
    hillary that
    save the whales
    chop the trees
    don't chop the trees

why? This is a football site.[/QUOTE]

Um, you're in the political forum.

Try to keep up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JFB;2392169]everyday we get these political threads

obama this
    hillary that
    save the whales
    chop the trees
    don't chop the trees

why? This is a football site.[/QUOTE]

Probably because (1) politics is interesting (2) we feel like it (3) there is an election in a few months (4) it's the off-season and the Jets blow and (5) we feel like it.

you guys should call up the Bush White House and tell them, because they say climate change is a real issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That's why I kept the Expedition and the Jeep.

Because I'm all about the environment.:P

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Piper;2392298]That's why I kept the Expedition and the Jeep.

Because I'm all about the environment.:P[/QUOTE]

thanks for doing your part....:P

[QUOTE=piney;2392156]I would say read more before letting an article by Micheal Asher convince everyone, this guy has been writing about debunking global warming for a at least a year and a half.

I am not saying he is wrong, but he isn't very objective. He has a point of view (global warming does not exist) and then writes article to help make his point.

Not really different from someone who believes in global warming and only writes article about the existence of it.[/QUOTE]the reason why co levels are up is because of a slight rise in temp. the last 35 yrs.the temp is not rising because of co levels.its the other way around.thats why some of us thought the whole global warming theory was bogus.