Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Karl Rove Spin at it's Best

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Karl Rove Spin at it's Best

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wuBa6D7OX4[/url]

This is sheer spinning brilliance.

So Obama didn't distance himself enough from Farrakahn and in some bizzarro world he claims Obama said "People Who Wear Flag Lapel Pins are not as patriotic as he is."

This is funny stuff, I mean, how do people eat this stuff up?

I guess maybe they also still think McCain fathered a illegitimate black child

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394175]This is funny stuff, I mean, how do people eat this stuff up?[/QUOTE]

He beat the Democrats. Twice. With Mumbles Bush. Even AFTER the Iraq War Started.

So what does that say about YOUR side, eh?:P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394180]He beat the Democrats. Twice.

So what does that say about YOUR side, eh?:P[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a side...

But maybe that the Dems aren't that good at playing dirty politics....

I hate people who are Party first, country second..

and ROve is a party first guy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394175][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wuBa6D7OX4[/url]

This is sheer spinning brilliance.

So Obama didn't distance himself enough from Farrakahn and in some bizzarro world he claims Obama said "People Who Wear Flag Lapel Pins are not as patriotic as he is."

This is funny stuff, I mean, how do people eat this stuff up?

I guess maybe they also still think McCain fathered a illegitimate black child[/QUOTE]

what does it say that, in order to win an election, they need to use these tactics? What does it say about the part of the base that they are trying to appeal to?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394186]
    But maybe that the Dems aren't that good at playing dirty politics....[/QUOTE]

Are you naive? Ignorant? Or willfully dishonest?

Because anyone who has ever heard the name "Clinton" could not possably make that statement and mean it without being one of the three. It simply isn't possible.

Carl Rove may be a master spinmeister and polticial attack dog. I doubt you;d find anyone who'd disagree with that, he IS a master of modern Politics.

But to imply the Clintons aren't at the last as "dirty politics" as Rove is either laugahble....or terrifying if you actual believe that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394208]Are you naive? Ignorant? Or willfully dishonest?

Because anyone who has ever heard the name "Clinton" could not possably make that statement and mean it without being one of the three. It simply isn't possible.

Carl Rove may be a master spinmeister and polticial attack dog. I doubt you;d find anyone who'd disagree with that, he IS a master of modern Politics.

But to imply the Clintons aren't at the last as "dirty politics" as Rove is either laugahble....or terrifying if you actual believe that.[/QUOTE]

I am talking right now, or in the last 8 years...

why not have a real conversation and can the dopey tough guy insults, alright? Have I ever come at you with any personal attacks?

also while the Clinton's use dirty politics they are not as deft as Rove.

Everyone sees them as clear as day and calls them on it.

I mean I know people who don't even know who Karl Rove is....

if you don't follow politics you don't know who he is, and he may be a mastermind, but he is a dirty guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMPOSSIBLE!!

Liberals invented spin.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394217]I am talking right now, or in the last 8 years...[/QUOTE]

You're right, Ms. Clinton is not running for anything today.....right?

The reason I "won't have a conversation" with you, is you are laughably biased in your very premise here. Carl Rove is no better or worse than any of ten dozen strategists, he's just better at it than most. He's not "evil" or "dirty" or "bad", and I see no point in debating someone who would try to claim "the Democrats aren't good at Dirty Politics". Hell, cross a Democrat today and you're almost instantly labeled as a bigot, homophobe, racist hate monger right off the bat.

Give me a break with your wide-eyed innocence "I'm a moderate" routine. I didn't fall of the hay truck yesterday. And please...."tough guy"? Riiiight.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394230]He's not "evil" or "dirty" or "bad"[/QUOTE]

So says the biased guy...:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394230]He's not "evil" or "dirty" or "bad"[/QUOTE]

Are you naive? Ignorant? Or willfully dishonest?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394230]You're right, Ms. Clinton is not running for anything today.....right?

The reason I "won't have a conversation" with you, is you are laughably biased in your very premise here. Carl Rove is no better or worse than any of ten dozen strategists, he's just better at it than most. He's not "evil" or "dirty" or "bad", and I see no point in debating someone who would try to claim "the Democrats aren't good at Dirty Politics". Hell, cross a Democrat today and you're almost instantly labeled as a bigot, homophobe, racist hate monger right off the bat.

Give me a break with your wide-eyed innocence "I'm a moderate" routine. I didn't fall of the hay truck yesterday. And please...."tough guy"? Riiiight.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

jeez, guy, who hurt you in the past?

all I am saying is this guy is very good at dirty politics, and that the dem's, while also players in dirty politics, are obviously not as good at it as Rove.

Is that a clearer statement? This is my point in saying "better than the dems at it" it doesn't mean I exclude the Dems from playing dirty politics.

You just decided to make that assertion, much like Rove did; since I didn't say "the Dem's also play dirty politics" explicitly I must not think that they do.

I am a moderate, simply because of where I stand on issues fall sometimes on the conservative side and sometimes on the liberal side.

Don't presume to know me or the inner workings of my mind.

All I am saying is refute me, but no need to call me "naive" or a "liar"

make your point. instead you decide to throw in some barbs first.
    Last edited by piney; 02-28-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]

He's a liberal, so he's all three.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394230]You're right, Ms. Clinton is not running for anything today.....right?

[/QUOTE]
    Have a question for you Warfish. Yes we all know that politics is a dirty business, but by saying that does that give a pass to all dirty tricks? Is there not a difference in degree? Could it not be a legitimate argument that Rove went past the line of the usual crap in many of his doings - especially against McCain in SC in the 2000 primary?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I "won't have a conversation" with you, is you are laughably biased in your very premise here. Carl Rove is no better or worse than any of ten dozen strategists, he's just better at it than most. [B]He's not "evil" or "dirty" or "bad",[/B] and I see no point in debating someone who would try to claim "the Democrats aren't good at Dirty Politics". Hell, cross a Democrat today and you're almost instantly labeled as a bigot, homophobe, racist hate monger right off the bat.

Give me a break with your wide-eyed innocence "I'm a moderate" routine. I didn't fall of the hay truck yesterday. And please...."tough guy"? Riiiight.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I never said evil or bad...

he plays in dirty politics, so I think I can call him a dirty guy...

don't exaggerate

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2394244]Are you naive? Ignorant? Or willfully dishonest?[/QUOTE]

Usually I am ignorant. Occasionally I am willfully dishonest, depends who I am talking to.

The word I prefer though is "assinine". It's especially good when I mispell it, give it that added punch.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394255]jeez, guy, who hurt you in the past?.[/QUOTE]

Well, it all started 15 years agao when my Father was brutaly murdered by an angry pack of Liberals........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, I couldn't listen to that because it was so loud it almost made my ears bleed.

I don't know if his tactics are any worse than using race cards, playing on class warfare, telling the elderly they will be eating dog food, "vote or die", etc. etc. etc.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2394273]Well, it all started 15 years agao when my Father was brutaly murdered by an angry pack of Liberals........[/QUOTE]

same thing happned tome, but it was hair bands from the 80's...

I think the guy from Cinderella had the killing blow...

which is why today I hate all 80's hair bands....

even though I do sneak a listen to "Round and Round" every now and then

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

But to imply the Clintons aren't at the last as "dirty politics" as Rove is either laugahble....or terrifying if you actual believe that.[/QUOTE]

So when Rove does it, its masterful and when Clinton shoved it right back in their face it was somehow dirty?

Rove "won" two Presidential elections by very narrow (in one case negative) margins, granted with a very weak candidate. But, he only won the second election BECAUSE the war had yet to turn sour. Also, the result of his "brilliant" tactics is a Republican Party in shambles and likely to remain so for some time.

His strategy for building a permanent republican majority was a lot like Hitler's invasion of USSR -- initially met with great success but eventually doomed his cause to total defeat.

And just to clarify:

Rove, corpulent worm that he is, isn't like Hitler.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2394284]same thing happned tome, but it was hair bands from the 80's...

I think the guy from Cinderella had the killing blow...

which is why today I hate all 80's hair bands....

even though I do sneak a listen to "Round and Round" every now and then[/QUOTE]

I'm more a "Pour Some Suger on Me" kinda guy, but perhaps that is my inner perverted liberal sexfiend trying to get out. Who knows when it comes to these things......

But I'll say this....if you see Dee Snyder.......run. Run fast.