Wow, a nice article about Bush, in Time magazine:

[url]http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1717934,00.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice article.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2397884]Nice article.[/QUOTE]

Nice story. I'm not big on pumping billions into Africa, as it's been shown in the past that help there is always negated by corruption and bad behavior, but hopefully this effort will help change things for the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2398024]Nice story. I'm not big on pumping billions into Africa, as it's been shown in the past that help there is always negated by corruption and bad behavior, but hopefully this effort will help change things for the better.[/QUOTE]

But, I'm a little confused. Aren't Repubilcans all racists?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2398049]But, I'm a little confused. Aren't Repubilcans all racists?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and the they suppress science.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush actually does deserve some credit for his efforts toward Africa. He took some of the Clinton initiatives and focus and largely improved upon them.

Now that doesn't offset all the stuff he screwed up, but maybe, like Jimmy Carter, he can make it a focus of his ex-presidency and perhaps improve his otherwise sorry legacy that way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2398244]Bush actually does deserve some credit for his efforts toward Africa. He took some of the Clinton initiatives and focus and largely improved upon them.

Now that doesn't offset all the stuff he screwed up, but maybe, like Jimmy Carter, he can make it a focus of his ex-presidency and perhaps improve his otherwise sorry legacy that way.[/QUOTE]

yeah,

Daily Show did a funny bit on this where the commentator was overcome by this strange feeling due to the good work Bush has done in Africa...

I think he even said something like, "I want to vote for that guy."

This was nice, and hopefully it shows some people that Bush isn't some evil mastermind intent on making the wealthy even richer and suppressing the poor, or some grand orchestrator of world domination through acquisitions of oil rich lands...

although I still think he was a lousy President....and the whole Iraq issue really, really sucks...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2398262]yeah,

Daily Show did a funny bit on this where the commentator was overcome by this strange feeling due to the good work Bush has done in Africa...

I think he even said something like, "I want to vote for that guy."

This was nice, and hopefully it shows some people that Bush isn't some evil mastermind intent on making the wealthy even richer and suppressing the poor, or some grand orchestrator of world domination through acquisitions of oil rich lands...

although I still think he was a lousy President....and the whole Iraq issue really, really sucks...[/QUOTE]

Starting a war on dubious pretenses and then botching said war through total mismanagement is a presidency killer. Nothing you do will ever overcome that.

Not that there weren't other blunders --there certainly were-- but that one's a deal breaker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2398049]But, I'm a little confused. Aren't Repubilcans all racists?[/QUOTE]

What exactly have the Democrats done except welfare and other entitlement prgrams. The Republicans freed the slaves (Lincoln) passed reforms that Democrats tried to block under LBJ! Dome Democratic Senators were the worst Racist of all times!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2398262]although I still think he was a lousy President....and the whole Iraq issue really, really sucks...[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest, the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government have all done a lousy job the last four years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2399052]Let's be honest, the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government have all done a lousy job the last four years.[/QUOTE]

this may be a sign of the apocalypse....

but I 100% agree with you.....amen to that. I wish we could just do a "five easy pieces" kind of clean sweep of the table and get rid of a lot of dead weight in washington.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2399214]I wish we could just do a "five easy pieces" kind of clean sweep of the table and get rid of a lot of dead weight in washington.[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2399633]Sign me up for that.[/QUOTE]

What about term limits? We can do it with a referendum. Of course I don't know how constitutional that would be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continental welfare from a Republican president. Great.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2400719]Continental welfare from a Republican president. Great.[/QUOTE]

And it's going to get worse:

Obama's Poverty Bill
    According to Cliff Kincaid of Accuracy in the Media, "Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee ... is trying to rush Obama's "Global Poverty Act" (S.2433) through his committee. . The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends."

Why is Barack Obama suddenly interested in passing some kind of legislation? He has done NOTHING in the past, no record in the Senate to run on other than being the MOST LIBERAL of all Senators? Does he need something to run on, some ONE thing that he can brag about on the campaign trail.

If this is a worthy bill, why try to rush it through in the dead of night? Why try to hide the true cost of the bill to American taxpayers and voters? I say let the light shine. Voters, is this REALLY what you want from a president? Do we really want the United Nations telling us what to do? It's madness, absolute madness.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2399724]What about term limits?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Warfish;2399633]Sign me up for that.[/QUOTE]

:yes: