Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton May Sue Democratic Party in Texas

Hillary Clinton May Sue Democratic Party in Texas

[B][SIZE="4"]State Democrats say Clinton camp may sue
    Legal action could disrupt or delay caucuses, party says[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/5580749.html[/url]

By JAY ROOT
    Fort Worth Star-Telegram

The Texas Democratic Party warned [B]Thursday that election night caucuses scheduled for Tuesday could be delayed or disrupted after aides to Hillary Rodham Clinton threatened to sue over the party's complicated delegate selection process.[/B]

In a letter sent out late Thursday to both the Clinton and Barack Obama campaigns, Texas Democratic Party lawyer Chad Dunn warned a lawsuit could ruin the Democrats' effort to re-energize voters just as they are turning out in record numbers.

Spokesmen for both campaigns said there were no plans to sue ahead of the March 4 election.

"It has been brought to my attention that one or both of your campaigns may already be planning or intending to pursue litigation against the Texas Democratic Party," Dunn wrote in the letter, obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "Such action could prove to be a tragedy for a reinvigorated Democratic process."

Democratic sources said both campaigns have made it clear that they might consider legal options over the complicated delegate selection process, which includes both a popular vote and evening caucuses. But the sources made it clear that the Clinton campaign in particular had warned of an impending lawsuit.

"Both campaigns have made it clear that they would go there if they had to, but I think the imminent threat is coming from one campaign," said one top Democratic official, referring to the Clinton campaign. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity.

Another Democratic official who was privy to the discussions confirmed Clinton representatives made veiled threats in a telephone call this week.

"Officials from Sen. Clinton's campaign at several times throughout the call raised the specter of 'challenging the process,' " the official said.

The source, who asked not to be identified, said Clinton's political director, Guy Cecil, had forcefully raised the possibility of a courtroom battle.

But Adrienne Elrod, Clinton's top Texas spokeswoman, said campaign and party officials had merely discussed election night procedures and that the campaign was merely seeking a written agreement in advance.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 02-29-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Al Gore invented this tactic.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2397887]Al Gore invented this tactic.[/QUOTE]

still playing the partisan politics game...:zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2397891]still playing the partisan politics game...:zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

I voted for Hillary. I'm want to see more of the Jerry Springer action that is going on with the Dems these days. It's very entertaining.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2397919]I voted for Hillary. I'm want to see more of the Jerry Springer action that is going on with the Dems these days. It's very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

The [I]Hussein's[/I] will give us plenty of national enquirer material, rest assured.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2397941]The [I]Hussein's[/I] will give us plenty of national enquirer material, rest assured.[/QUOTE]

More self parody from you.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2397986]More self parody from you.[/QUOTE]

I think it's hysterical, we have a potential president and we're not going to be allowed to say his name.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Clintons = swine

Dont want her nowheres near the WH

[QUOTE=CTM;2398003]Clintons = swine

Dont want her nowheres near the WH[/QUOTE]

Watching her on TV, I can't really blame Bill for what he did.

Besides being butt-ugly, she's also extremely unlikeable.

[QUOTE=Company_Man;2397999]I think it's hysterical, we have a potential president and we're not going to be allowed to say his name.[/QUOTE]

I think its hysterical that you think anyone takes you seriously.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2398071]I think its hysterical that you think anyone takes you seriously.[/QUOTE]

It's true, Michelle said we can't say his name. It's a "fear bomb".

:banana:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Company_Man;2397999]I think it's hysterical, we have a potential president and we're not going to be allowed to say his name.[/QUOTE]

At the very least, a McCain/Obama race will be cleaner.

A Clinton in the race guarantees nothing but mud-slinging. Even the dems are realizing it now.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;2398116]. Even the dems are realizing it now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they've known all along, it's just that now they know what it feels like to have it thrown in their direction. ;)

You didn't say their name. You called them "The Husseins." That is not their name.

I'm sure you meant nothing by it, as evidenced by how often you chose to call Bush "Walker," McCain "Sidney" and Hillary "Rodham."

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2398231]and Hillary "Rodham."[/QUOTE]

Actually I call Hillary [I]Rotten[/I].

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2397919]I voted for Hillary. I'm want to see more of the Jerry Springer action that is going on with the Dems these days. It's very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Between you and company man, it is painfully clear; neither one of you know how to post in a thread. The topic is about the possibility of the Clintons sueing to win the election in Texas.

Now, compare the thread topic article with the drivel that the two Mensa candidates put forth. My high school freshman students do a better job of staying on task. And they are 14 and 15 years old.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2398586]Between you and company man, it is painfully clear; neither one of you know how to post in a thread. The topic is about the possibility of the Clintons sueing to win the election in Texas.

Now, compare the thread topic article with the drivel that the two Mensa candidates put forth. My high school freshman students do a better job of staying on task. And they are 14 and 15 years old.[/QUOTE]

I humbly bow to your mastery of "cut and paste". :clapper:

Since you are the "intelligent" jets fan, maybe you can teach me. It's ctrl-C, ctrl-something. I forget.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2398613]I humbly bow to your mastery of "cut and paste". :clapper:

Since you are the "intelligent" jets fan, maybe you can teach me. It's ctrl-C, ctrl-something. I forget.[/QUOTE]

ctrl-FU

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2398613]I humbly bow to your mastery of "cut and paste". :clapper:

Since you are the "intelligent" jets fan, maybe you can teach me. It's ctrl-C, ctrl-something. I forget.[/QUOTE]

posting articles is a legitmate way to start a debate. The topic was how the Clinton's may try to sue if the election does not go in their direction. Your first few responses to this topic referenced Jerry springer and Hillary Clinton's body. Good Job. :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yet it's the rats that have been whining about "free speech zones" at events with President Bush.....go figure :shakehead