Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy King: One dumb statement after another

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy King: One dumb statement after another

[B][SIZE="3"]Bush Condemns Leaders Who ‘Sit Down At The Table’ And ‘Have Pictures Taken’ With ‘Tyrants’ [/SIZE][/B]
    [URL="http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/29/bush-tyrants/"]...[/URL]

In yesterday’s news conference, President Bush sharply attacked Sen. Barack Obama’s (D-IL) argument that the president “should never fear to negotiate” with America’s enemies. Bush told reporters:

[INDENT]It will send a discouraging message to those who wonder whether America will continue to work for the freedom of prisoners. It will give great status to those who have suppressed human rights and human dignity. […]

[B]Sitting down at the table, having your picture taken with a tyrant such as Raul Castro, for example, lends the status of the office and the status of our country to him[/B]. He gains a lot from it by saying, look at me, I’m now recognized by the President of the United States.[/INDENT]

Perhaps Bush forgot all the times that he sat down and had his picture taken with leaders of questionable human rights credentials:

[IMG]http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bushpicwole.gif[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I think Bush (and the last half dozen Administrations) are wrong in their dealings with Cuba. Our policy there has done more harm than good. Had we had a more enlightened (and crafty) view, Cuba would already be a Democracy IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="4"]Bush: I’m ‘focused’ on gas prices but unaware of $4 gas. »[/SIZE][/B]
    [URL="http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/28/bush-falsely-claims-hes-focused-on-gas-prices/"]...[/URL]
    During his press conference today, a reporter asked President Bush what his “advice” would be to the “average American” who is “facing the prospect of $4 a gallon gasoline.” Bush replied, [B]“That’s interesting, I hadn’t heard that[/B].” Yet a few minutes later, Bush wouldn’t answer a question regarding donations for his presidential library because, he claimed, [B]“I, frankly, have been focused elsewhere, like on gasoline prices.” [/B]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2398825]Personally, I think Bush (and the last half dozen Administrations) are wrong in their dealings with Cuba. Our policy there has done more harm than good. Had we had a more enlightened (and crafty) view, Cuba would already be a Democracy IMO.[/QUOTE]

Agree totally: Our Cuba policy has been a joke.

Our stated goal there has been regime change. Up until this week, the longest serving leader in the world was Fidel Castro, and his brother replacing him isn't exactly a sea change.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I frankly totally agree with it. If Castro had opened Cuba to the outside world, the Cuban people would be much better off. Stop blaiming the US for Castro's stupidity!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2400437]I frankly totally agree with it. If Castro had opened Cuba to the outside world, the Cuban people would be much better off. Stop blaiming the US for Castro's stupidity![/QUOTE]

So you think a regime-change policy that leads to the longest-entrenched regime in the world is good? Interesting.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2398853][B][SIZE="4"]Bush: I’m ‘focused’ on gas prices but unaware of $4 gas. »[/SIZE][/B]
    [URL="http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/28/bush-falsely-claims-hes-focused-on-gas-prices/"]...[/URL]
    During his press conference today, a reporter asked President Bush what his “advice” would be to the “average American” who is “facing the prospect of $4 a gallon gasoline.” Bush replied, [B]“That’s interesting, I hadn’t heard that[/B].” Yet a few minutes later, Bush wouldn’t answer a question regarding donations for his presidential library because, he claimed, [B]“I, frankly, have been focused elsewhere, like on gasoline prices.” [/B][/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with meeting foreign leaders? :huh:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2400605]What does this have to do with meeting foreign leaders? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Why don't you read the thread title again and think it through... You know, this time without the confrontational, pissy, quick rush to judgement you're routinely so saddled by?
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 03-01-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2400682]Why don't you read the thread title again and think it through... You know, this time without the confrontational, pissy, quick rush to judgement you're routinely so saddled by?[/QUOTE]

Oh, so this is just a general Bush-bashing thread, where we're all supposed to add a list of dumb statements from Bush. I thought it was only on one of those very important, clever topics. My bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2401167]Oh, so this is just a general Bush-bashing thread, where we're all supposed to add a list of dumb statements from Bush. I thought it was only on one of those very important, clever topics. My bad.[/QUOTE]

important?? clever?? from Rosie??? pauliec- I'm surprised....

nah- Rosie's the same b!tch who whines about the source of a taxpayor group which points out defeatocrat murtha's pork barrell spending yet uses non-biased :rolleyes:, clear thinking :rolleyes: sites like "think progress" from which to gather his mental diarrhea....

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2401167]Oh, so this is just a general Bush-bashing thread, where we're all supposed to add a list of dumb statements from Bush. I thought it was only on one of those very important, clever topics. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Well said paulie. I'm waiting for the OP to include something, ANYTHING other than a negative bias towards the POTUS. This is simply a thread intended to bash the Prez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point of this post is to illustrate how out of touch the president is when it comes to issues that affect the American people. You can argue the first point either way about his beliefs on Cuba. I tend to believe that we need a change in policy from our 'wyatt earp' approach to international issues, but that can be debated. In my opinion, this president has very little credibility when it comes to anything that relates to foreign policy. You do not get a "do-over" when you have the Iraq war on your resume. 11 billion dollars of U.S. money and countless lives lost goes to that point. He is proof positive that having a long resume does not ensure competence. Rumsfeld is another example of this.

The other post about the president not knowing the current price of gas is sad. I am not surprised that Bush was not aware of the gas prices. Its par for the course for someone who has little true connection with the average American. When you are born into political and economic privledge, and then sheltered your entire life, its the way it is.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2401445]The point of this post is to illustrate how out of touch the president is when it comes to issues that affect the American people. You can argue the first point either way about his beliefs on Cuba. I tend to believe that we need a change in policy from our 'wyatt earp' approach to international issues, but that can be debated. In my opinion, this president has very little credibility when it comes to anything that relates to foreign policy. You do not get a "do-over" when you have the Iraq war on your resume. 11 billion dollars of U.S. money and countless lives lost goes to that point. He is proof positive that having a long resume does not ensure competence. Rumsfeld is another example of this.

The other post about the president not knowing the current price of gas is sad. I am not surprised that Bush was not aware of the gas prices. Its par for the course for someone who has little true connection with the average American. When you are born into political and economic privledge, and then sheltered your entire life, its the way it is.[/QUOTE]

I think you're giving Press Coverage way too much credit in starting this thread... then again, what else is new. I have an idea, why don't you invite him to speak to your class, since he's apparently right all the time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2401644]I think you're giving Press Coverage way too much credit in starting this thread... then again, what else is new. I have an idea, why don't you invite him to speak to your class, since he's apparently right all the time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, he's spot on. We have a C student in the White House, a nasty, vindictive, frat-house prankster of a C student, at that. When he says things this idiotic from one sentence to the next, I guess I don't understand how people like you prefer it to just be ignored.

See, that's part of the problem the past 6.5 years. Apathy.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 03-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2401445] 11 billion dollars of U.S. money and countless lives lost goes to that point. [/QUOTE]

Correction: $1.8 TRILLION dollars lost. With a 'T.'

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2401811]Correction: $1.8 TRILLION dollars lost. With a 'T.'[/QUOTE]

I meant to specify 11 Billion [B]a month[/B]. Most estimates range from 9 to 11 billion a month. Its a tragedy any way you cut it.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-01-2008 at 10:50 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2401644]I think you're giving Press Coverage way too much credit in starting this thread... then again, what else is new. I have an idea, why don't you invite him to speak to your class, since he's apparently right all the time.[/QUOTE]

No one is right all the time. So while I do not agree with everything he posts, I do agree with this thread topic. And I like the fact that he offers a different take on a lot of issues. Again, I do not always agree with him, but what is the harm in reading a different point of view?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2402990]No one is right all the time. So while I do not agree with everything he posts, I do agree with this thread topic. And I like the fact that he offers a different take on a lot of issues. Again, I do not always agree with him, but what is the harm in reading a different point of view?[/QUOTE]

There is none. It's just that following the map and using logic regarding the criminal takeover of America causes some people's faux patriotic heads to explode. The best thing to do, they feel, is attack you and pretend your information is fabricated.

I didn't like it either when I discovered it. I wish I took the blue pill, believe me. But I'm not gonna lie to myself, either.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 03-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2402999]There is none. It's just that following the map and using logic regarding the criminal takeover of America causes some people's faux patriotic heads to explode. The best thing to do, they feel, is attack you and pretend your information is fabricated.

I didn't like it either when I discovered it. I wish I took the blue pill, believe me. But I'm not gonna lie to myself, either.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a Matrix reference. That's so edgy of you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2403108]Wow, a Matrix reference. That's so edgy of you.[/QUOTE]

Look, tough guy. Why don't we both cut the crap and get right down to it, shall we?

Do you wanna debate facts? Do you have any facts with which to debate? Or do you wanna just bore the forum with your personal feelings towards me? I mean, we get it. Yay, you think I'm crazy and baseless. However, any time you wanna expand on the specifics of why I'm wrong regarding 9/11, the Commission, or Iraq, please do begin any time now. Surely there are some Bush League lovefest Web sites out there you can get all your debunking material from if you have none of your own. I've yet to see you offer anything of substance. The logical deduction is that you have none.

You raise and re-raise all the way, and then muck your cards on the river every hand. Then you suggest I'm the terrible player, while you never have the courage to play your hand. Too funny.

So again, brooding, confrontational, hate guy: Do you wanna get it on regarding those topics, or do you wanna keep folding and spazzing?

Something tells me you're not good enough on here to string more than 3 competent sentences together regarding a debate issue. I'd like to see it.

Because that's what I'm here for. Real, honest debate.
    Last edited by Press_Coverage; 03-02-2008 at 12:19 AM.