Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This person is a hack....the official thread

This person is a hack....the official thread

I thought this might be a good place for anyone who comes across someone in the media who deserves to be labeled a hack, and with good reason, could list them and explain why.

This could be good for a laugh, and would be also help to expose some of the people who I consider to really be ruining this country; the smear masters and the spin doctors who try to pass themselves off as something else.

These people come from the right and the left and help to divide the our nation into two camps where general discourse is replaced by foaming mouths.

This is why, even if you didn't agree with guys like Buckley you had to respect them for only attacking your position with class, dignity and intelligence. Nothing like the knuckle-draggers we have on TV today.

My first nominate: Jonah Goldberg

This guy is a number 1 a-level butt-clown (I don't think I can type ass) .....and I say that will full confidence.

It isn't that he wrote a book called "liberal fascism". I don't really care if he does or doesn't, I mean you have guys on the left who write some pretty inflammatory things, so alls fair in love and war.

My problem is that then he goes around on TV and says, "I am not equating liberals with fascists, this isn't a hit piece against liberals. I am just noting an interesting coincidence." It is a shady game of three card monty that he plays.

Then there are his many inaccurate accounts of Obama, where he tries to play the game of guilt by association (which is bad enough) and then claims he isn't trying to smear anyone.

I mean on Hannity and Colmes he will distort Obama's relationship with a former 60's radical and then say he isn't using that to attack Obama and cant understand why someone would think he is?

Do people really fall for this?

This guy is one in a long line of cowardly, shameless hacks who litter today's media for the sole purpose to deceive people and distort the truth so that he can manipulate people into believing what he wants you to believe.

congrats to you Mr Goldberg, you are a hack.

My nominee: Anderson Cooper

The son of Gloria Vanderbilt, once hosted a terrible reality game show called "The Mole." Now presides over CNN as their main go-to news guy.

Remember the disaster a few years ago in the West Virginia mine when all but one of the miners were killed in a cave-in following an explosion? Well, I couldn't sleep that night and watched CNN's live news coverage at the mine. It was like 2 in the morning, and it was running all night long. Anderson Cooper was playing the part of the sensational journalist to a T, even having a family member of one of the miners on with him to provide some "useful" commentary.

There came a point in the broadcast when, apparently, they found the miners, and Cooper got word that all of them had survived! (without waiting for official confirmation, of course). The family member standing next to him rejoiced at the news, they shared a quick tender moment, and Anderson Cooper smugly asked the woman, "Aren't you glad you chose CNN to get the latest updates about your relative in the mine?" She nodded gleefully. Cooper was chasing his triumphant story and absolutely nailed it.

A few hours later a very sheepish Anderson Cooper was forced to retract his statement. Unfortunetly, the earlier claims were completely unfounded, but CNN ran with it anyway. All the miners were actually dead, except one. The woman who was standing next to him wehn the false report came through must have been in absolute shock and horror when the truth came out. It was at that point that I knew Cooper is a complete and utter hack, and nothing more than a yellow journalist of the worst kind. I can never respect him after that.

Hall Of Fame
    Wouldn't it be easier, for the sake of time, to nominate who we thought were good journalists?

The entire American media is fu*king worthless and in the tank. Fox, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Clear Channel Radio, The Associated Press, New York Times, Across the board-they have sold out their credibility when they sold out to the big corporations that run our government.

we have defense companies running stations (NBC), Former military leaders (who are in the tank with the defense companies) on the boards (CBS), a fascist who owns Fox and countless newspapers and another newspaper (NY Times) that has tried to destroy a candidate.

And when it comes time for war, the five owners of the major media outlets tell their personel to get in line. Don't do any actual journalism, just follow the leader$.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 03-02-2008 at 09:28 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2403507]The entire American media is fu*king worthless and in the tank. Fox, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Clear Channel Radio, The Associated Press, New York Times, Across the board-they have sold out their credibility when they sold out to the big corporations that run our government.

we have defense companies running stations (NBC), Former military leaders (who are in the tank with the defense companies) on the boards (CBS), a fascist who owns Fox and countless newspapers and another newspaper (NY Times) that has tried to destroy a candidate.

And when it comes time for war, the five major owners of the major media outlets tell their personel to get in line. Don't do any actual journalism, just follow the leader$.[/QUOTE]
    :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2403525]:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

HD, you could not have posted a better response to my point. My God, talk about making the point for me!

Sorry to have awakened you from your slumber.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2403407]Wouldn't it be easier, for the sake of time, to nominate who we thought were good journalists?[/QUOTE]

I like Tim Russert

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2403555]HD, you could not have posted a better response to my point...[/QUOTE]

CBTNY hasn't posted on this thread yet. What's he supposed to say?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2404738]CBTNY hasn't posted on this thread yet. What's he supposed to say?[/QUOTE]

He would only post three snores

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Funny and true.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2404738]CBTNY hasn't posted on this thread yet. What's he supposed to say?[/QUOTE]

We no longer have a serious media. The media is now a commodity, and will do everything and anything to gain ratings or circulation in order to sell ever more ads:It's all about the money. :mad:

Brain Williams,
    caty koric
    Tom browkor
    Dan Rather
    et-al

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2403507]The entire American media is fu*king worthless and in the tank. Fox, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Clear Channel Radio, The Associated Press, New York Times, Across the board-they have sold out their credibility.....[/QUOTE]

Had you eneded your post here, I would have agreed completely and without reservation.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=piney;2403271]I thought this might be a good place for anyone who comes across someone in the media who deserves to be labeled a hack, and with good reason, could list them and explain why.

This could be good for a laugh, and would be also help to expose some of the people who I consider to really be ruining this country; the smear masters and the spin doctors who try to pass themselves off as something else.

These people come from the right and the left and help to divide the our nation into two camps where general discourse is replaced by foaming mouths.

This is why, even if you didn't agree with guys like Buckley you had to respect them for only attacking your position with class, dignity and intelligence. Nothing like the knuckle-draggers we have on TV today.

My first nominate: Jonah Goldberg

This guy is a number 1 a-level butt-clown (I don't think I can type ass) .....and I say that will full confidence.

It isn't that he wrote a book called "liberal fascism". I don't really care if he does or doesn't, I mean you have guys on the left who write some pretty inflammatory things, so alls fair in love and war.

My problem is that then he goes around on TV and says, "I am not equating liberals with fascists, this isn't a hit piece against liberals. I am just noting an interesting coincidence." It is a shady game of three card monty that he plays.

Then there are his many inaccurate accounts of Obama, where he tries to play the game of guilt by association (which is bad enough) and then claims he isn't trying to smear anyone.

I mean on Hannity and Colmes he will distort Obama's relationship with a former 60's radical and then say he isn't using that to attack Obama and cant understand why someone would think he is?

Do people really fall for this?

This guy is one in a long line of cowardly, shameless hacks who litter today's media for the sole purpose to deceive people and distort the truth so that he can manipulate people into believing what he wants you to believe.

congrats to you Mr Goldberg, you are a hack.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading JG for years and don't think he's a hack at all. I don't watch TV news stations, but I've read some of his books and a lot of his columns and I don't think he's distorting or smearing anything. I think he's great. He's not a hack in my book.

Banned
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2403407]Wouldn't it be easier, for the sake of time, to nominate who we thought were good journalists?[/QUOTE]

I love Lou Dobbs.

Hall Of Fame
    Good: Tom Brokaw

Bad: Brit Hume

Comedy: Olbermann, O'Reilly, Beltway Morons, Blitzer

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2406392]I love Lou Dobbs.[/QUOTE]

I actually can't stand him. He' knows absolutely nothing about economics and his ignorant economic populism grates me to no end.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2406469]Good: Tom Brokaw

Bad: Brit Hume

Comedy: Olbermann, O'Reilly, Beltway Morons, Blitzer[/QUOTE]

I actually really like Brit Hume.

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2406595]I actually really like Brit Hume.[/QUOTE]

x2... he's got a good, quirky sense of humor

Banned
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2406592]I actually can't stand him. He' knows absolutely nothing about economics and his ignorant economic populism grates me to no end.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever read his books?

His economic populism schtick is a bit much, I'll agree. But he's certainly not a protectionist who wants to isolate us from the rest of the world.

I think his views on the open borders is dead on.