Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Yankees make first cuts

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees make first cuts

The Yankees reassigned four players to the minor-league camp:

1B Eric Duncan
    C Jesus Montero
    INF Eduardo Nunez
    C Austin Romine

The Yankees started camp with 69 players and now that the games have started there’s just not enough time and at-bats for everybody. Montero and Romine also need to start working with their pitchers they’ll actually be catching this season.

Eric Duncan was their first-round pick in 2003 out of Seton Hall Prep.
    Montero and Romine (Groomed to replace Posada) where expected cuts, Eric Duncan seems like he will never put it together. He's a AAA lifer.

To bad we don't get to see Jesus on any of the televised games, kid hit a bomb the other way yesterday. Oh well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when Duncan was one of the top prospects in their system. It's ashame he never panned out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually Austin Romine is probably the better long term prospect.He has a cannon for an arm and a very good bat.Only reason Yanks were able to get him is that he needed surgery on his hand when the draft came around and Yankees are more willing to sign these injured players with huge upside for big time bucks than other teams are willing to.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I remember when Duncan was one of the top prospects in their system. It's ashame he never panned out.
    It happens. The powers that be paid us back by giving us Joba in the sandwich round

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    It happens. The powers that be paid us back by giving us Joba in the sandwich round
    Should of seen my reaction when the annouced his name. I was like... who the **** is Joba? I wanted Dellin Betances with that pick. Got him anyways!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Right you are.