Thread: My wish

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

My wish

I wish the mets would use a 6 man rotation to start the season. Just for one turn, but it would make a difference. I believe the only reason the Phillies made Brett Myers the #1 was so that Cole Hamels got to face the mets. IMO the mets should answer by throwing Santana, Pedro, & Maine (almost 2 no hitters vs fla last year) vs Fla and Perez (dominant vs atl last year), El Duque, and Pelfrey (best start of the year was vs atl) vs Atl. If they do this they would start Santana, Pedro, and Maine (kills the phils) vs Philly. I know they won't, but why the heck not?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account. You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe. And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it. Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account. You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children of the world to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe. And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought out slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent here, I guarantee it. Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize! Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money. And then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in hell! That would be my fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. Thank you everybody and Merry Christmas.

Is it too late to change my wish?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You start the season with less starters not a 6-man rotation. They have two off days before they even face Philadelphia

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    You start the season with less starters not a 6-man rotation. They have two off days before they even face Philadelphia
    I did think they played Philly on Monday so you are right about the off days.

Now I have no idea what they will do. If they skip #5 until the 3rd cycle then Santana & Pedro would finish Atl and only Santana would face Philly.

To be honest though I can't see them doing that. They will probably want to give Pedro the extra day and then let him start the home opener. This would mean no Santana vs Philly

I hope I am wrong.