Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hillary Ad Darkened Obama?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillary Ad Darkened Obama?

[url]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/04/questions-raised-whether-hillary-ad-darkened-obama/[/url]

[QUOTE]A controversial new Hillary Clinton attack ad is causing an Internet stir among critics who claim it deliberately darkens Barack Obama’s skin color.[/QUOTE]

Sure looks like it to me. So stupid if true, the backlash would be much worse than anything they could possibly gain. Ask Time Magazine from when they did it to OJ.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hillary is so desperate. :barney:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2411057][url]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/04/questions-raised-whether-hillary-ad-darkened-obama/[/url]

Sure looks like it to me. So stupid if true, the backlash would be much worse than anything they could possibly gain. Ask Time Magazine from when they did it to OJ.[/QUOTE]

If true, incredibly stupid.

In the unlikely event she somehow pulls out the nomination, does her campaign (I'm assuming she didn't know about this) honestly think black voters are going to turn out for her in the general after pulling BS like this?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's not [I]that [/I]black, and his middle name is the name that should not be spoken.

Got it.

Oh yeah, and his wife didn't only recently become proud of her county, even though she said twice that she only recently became proud of her country.

Up is down. In is out. Right is left. Now [I]that's[/I] change you can believe in, baby!

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2411410]He's not [I]that [/I]black, and his middle name is the name that should not be spoken.

Got it.

Oh yeah, and his wife didn't only recently become proud of her county, even though she said twice that she only recently became proud of her country.

Up is down. In is out. Right is left. Now [I]that's[/I] change you can believe in, baby![/QUOTE]

ohh...blow it out your bottom...

let him dispatch hillary before sticking your fangs in him..

I personally believe Hillary is a stronger candidate in the GE anyway..

btw, I hope this is true and gets some legs..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a VERY subtle color difference. You'd see that much difference between TV sets at your local Best Buy.

Obama should strike back and make her look more haggish, if that's even possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, SanAntonio_JetFan, any more and it would be completely obvious that they were messing with his skin color to make him appear blacker.

Not saying it's true that it was done intentionally, but nothing would suprise me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2411520]ohh...blow it out your bottom...

let him dispatch hillary before sticking your fangs in him..

I personally believe Hillary is a stronger candidate in the GE anyway..

btw, I hope this is true and gets some legs..[/QUOTE]

Point out a single inaccuracy in my post.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok this is ridiculous. It is common practice in television ads to cast aspersion about the other candidates by placing them in dark light during the ad to connotate an image of "badness" or "evil". This stuff is standard political fare and to brand it in this way is a reach at best.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brazile: Howard Dean And Other Party Leaders Should Be Prepared To Step In By Greg Sargent - March 5, 2008, 9:22AM

Despite Hillary's big wins in Ohio and Texas last night, some super-delegates are already suggesting that a continued contest risks damaging the party and are calling on Howard Dean and other party leaders to be ready to intervene should the race get dirtier:

"Despite Obama's impressive victories in February, Clinton's comeback is based on sowing political seeds of doubt," said Donna Brazile, a Democratic strategist and one of nearly 800 party leaders known as superdelegates for their ability to determine the nomination. "In order to clinch the nomination, he must anticipate the worst attacks ever."...

Some superdelegates are bracing themselves to intervene on Obama's behalf if necessary.

"If these attacks are contrasts based on policy differences, there is no need to stop the race or halt the debate," Brazile said. "But, if this is more division, more diversion from the issues and more of the same politics of personal destruction, chairman Dean and other should be on standby."

Consider that a harbinger of what we're likely to hear from other super-delegates if the race gets uglier without significantly altering the underlying pledged-delegate imbalance between the two candidates.

[url]http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/brazile_howard_dean_and_other.php[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2412761]Point out a single inaccuracy in my post.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you guys are all on Obama, do you really think the She Devil would be easier to face in the GE?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a reader of DailyKos, but this evidence is pretty damning..

Now we just need AL Sharpton to get a hold of this: (view the link for photo graphic images) They also squished the face, hypothetically in an attempt to make his nose look more black

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/4/21311/85811/447/468408[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would a "darkened Obama" or a "more black" Obama be considered more sinister? Skin tone doesn't matter to me. Must be a Democrat thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2413853]Why would a "darkened Obama" or a "more black" Obama be considered more sinister? Skin tone doesn't matter to me. Must be a Democrat thing.[/QUOTE]
    Her potential motive for doing so is completely lost on you huh? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2411083]
    In the unlikely event she somehow pulls out the nomination, does her campaign (I'm assuming she didn't know about this) honestly think black voters are going to turn out for her in the general after pulling BS like this?[/QUOTE]
    Yes. Don't forget, her husband was the first black president.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;2411057][url]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03/04/questions-raised-whether-hillary-ad-darkened-obama/[/url]

Sure looks like it to me. So stupid if true, the backlash would be much worse than anything they could possibly gain. Ask Time Magazine from when they did it to OJ.[/QUOTE]

What a world!

Let's see an Obama ad that gives Hilary more wrinkles and makes McCain whiter. :D