Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alou headed back to NY for MRI on groin

Alou headed back to NY for MRI on groin

-- per wfan.

ok, I say the mets should just not even play this season.

Hall Of Fame
    He's starting early this year.

All Pro
    PORT ST. LUCIE - Mets right fielder Ryan Church is scheduled to see a neurologist here this afternoon after suffering a setback in his recovery from a Grade 2 concussion.
    Man, this is brutal.

It really doesn't bother me....hitters need only about 8-10 days to get themselves ready for the season. Spring Training is always more about the pitchers.

None of the injuries so far (Other then El Duque) really seem like the ones that will drag into the actual regular season and it allowes the Mets to take a good long look at some of the kids in the meantime. I for one, enjoy seeing where Fernando Martinez is at, what Ruben Tejada and Dan Murphy can do when given the chance to play with the big boys, ect.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

If i see ricky ledee or michael tucker in the OF, i think im gonna puke.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If i see ricky ledee or michael tucker in the OF, i think im gonna puke.
    On an aside, I really like what I'm seeing from Pagan this spring. He seems like another Chavez where he just slaps the ball all over the field and plays pretty good D in any spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    On an aside, I really like what I'm seeing from Pagan this spring. He seems like another Chavez where he just slaps the ball all over the field and plays pretty good D in any spot.
    That's one of the things that confused me about the move...he's exactly like Endy. The more the better though, the Mets had some serious problems when they were without Endy last year which was probably the main reason to get Pagan.

This Church concussion is going to bother me until I seem him playing again. Mainly because I just read an ESPN article about 2 weeks ago regarding Corey Koskie and his battles with post-concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    This Church concussion is going to bother me until I seem him playing again. Mainly because I just read an ESPN article about 2 weeks ago regarding Corey Koskie and his battles with post-concussion.
    Grade 2 Concussion is essentially a bad headache. I've had one.

Yeah, I hope that'll be the case with him. I was making a reference to ChadLover's post about Church meeting w/ a nuerologist today because of a 'setback.'

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Yeah, I hope that'll be the case with him. I was making a reference to ChadLover's post about Church meeting w/ a nuerologist today because of a 'setback.'
    My guess is he was probably headache-free with rest, but then it returned when he ran or exerted himself. Not unusual with concussions, but I guess can be seen as a "setback". Neurologist most likely a precaution. Probably recommend rest for up to one week with gradual return to activity.

Jets Insider VIP
    They're the equivalent of reading one of your posts

time to sign Bonds lmao

All League
    Do they not have MRI's in Florida? Why do they keep sending guys all the way to NY for something as simple as an MRI?

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Do they not have MRI's in Florida? Why do they keep sending guys all the way to NY for something as simple as an MRI?
    Apparently the one the Mets use is more advanced then your average MRI machine. Or at least that's the reason they gave.

All League
    Apparently the one the Mets use is more advanced then your average MRI machine. Or at least that's the reason they gave.
    And none of the hospitals in Florida have an advanced MRI?

Moises Alou needs hernia surgery- ESPN NEWS

Time to open up the phone lines. I like Chavez, but he can't be your starting left fielder.

or Pagen.

The Muts need to get Nady back asap. The season hasn't even started yet and Alou is out till the end of April, lol. Maybe they can get Milledge back.

Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    The Muts need to get Nady back asap. The season hasn't even started yet and Alou is out till the end of April, lol. Maybe they can get Milledge back.

yeah the injuries are really piling up on the mets. sucks, but f*ck it, nothing you can do about it

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    It's not just the MRI, they also want their own docs to examine them. Docs can't take off 6 weeks from their practices to hang at Spring Training in Florida.