Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mike and The Mad Dog "Joba needs to be a reliever" stupidity is in full swing

The Mike and The Mad Dog "Joba needs to be a reliever" stupidity is in full swing

God these two are lost.

Got to love Sweeney shooting back at Mad dog and mimicking him. God these clowns just love digging holes. Mike is such a know it all fool

Mike: So your saying Jobba was supposed as good or better prospect than Hughes? What were they saying two years ago?

Sweeney: He wasn't drafted yet.

Mike:..........

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Got to love Sweeney shooting back at Mad dog and mimicking him. God these clowns just love digging holes. Mike is such a know it all fool

Mike: So your saying Jobba was supposed to be a better prospect than Hughes? What were they saying two years ago?

Sweeney: He wasn't drafted yet.

Mike:..........
    LOL... I was screaming that at my radio!

If you think Joba should be used as only a reliever, to take over for Mariano one day, that's fine... I disagree, but whatever...

But these two idiots think it's moronic to put Joba back in a starters role, something he's been his whole baseball life. These two clowns have never seen Joba start, but they are soo damn sure they know better than the Yankee organization and scouts around baseball what they have in Joba.

An ace pitcher is more valuable than a 8th inning/closer.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-05-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Also according to Mike, the Yankees are using him as a starter because they didn't get Santana.

Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-05-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Practice Squad
    An ace pitcher is more valuable than a 8th inning/closer

Who said he is an ace starter? Was he ever an ace starter even in college or the minors? You guys kill me with the ratings.

It is impossible to listen to the two of them. They are arrogant as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Who said he is an ace starter? Was he ever an ace starter even in college or the minors? You guys kill me with the ratings.
    9-2 with a 2.45 era and 135 SO in 88 innings last year in the minors seems pretty good to me. What would you prefer POTENTIAL ace starter?
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 03-05-2008 at 07:02 PM.

He was the driving force behind Nebraska's College World Series appearance a few years back and pretty much dominated every level he faced as a starter last season.

He was a starter. Whether or not he was an ace is questionable. That fact is he pitched very well last year and they would be crazy NOT to try him as a starter.

A dominant starter > dominant reliever

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    It is impossible to listen to the two of them. They are arrogant as it gets.
    Is it just me or have they gotten more ignorant and unbearable to listen to over the past year or two? I used to be able to handle listening to them without getting pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Is it just me or have they gotten more ignorant and unbearable to listen to over the past year or two? I used to be able to handle listening to them without getting pissed off.
    Yea they are brutal. They act as if nobody else can make a point besides them. Francessa acts as if he is an insider. He is no insider. Whenever he says a little birdie told him something he gets it right from the newspaper. He is a joke.

What do you think is more valuable?

An ace pitcher is Joba's ceiling.. He has the potential to be a #1 pitcher. These ratings are from from scouts, the Yankee organization, as well as other organizations, BA, BP, you know.. people who do it for a living. I understand they aren't always right, but it is all we have to go by.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-05-2008 at 07:16 PM.

I think for this season Joba is more valuable in an 8th inning role. I have never seen him start at the big league level. I know what he can do as a reliever and he is pretty damn dominant.

But then again I sure would want him for 200+ innings instead of 70

Mike and the Mad Dog are the best in the buisness. Don't hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    I agree. But their arrogance is sometimes too much to take. Basically they were telling Sweeney not to be the Yankees' lackey, but be theirs.

I think for this season Joba is more valuable in an 8th inning role. I have never seen him start at the big league level. I know what he can do as a reliever and he is pretty damn dominant.

But then again I sure would want him for 200+ innings instead of 70
    I agree that for this season Joba is more suited for the bullpen, but sometimes you need sacrifice for the big picture. I don't think we should be playing with Joba, if you want him to start, than start him...

I agree. But their arrogance is sometimes too much to take. Basically they were telling Sweeney not to be the Yankees' lackey, but be theirs.
    Boomer and Carton are way better. Both Mets fans. Carton HATES the Yankees but at least he is funny, and not stupid like those two.

I'm Hank ya seee.

Their show is great, they treat Sweeney and their producers/screeners like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    About a year ago I would agree. I just really have a hard time listening to them now a days. I'd prefer to listen to listen to a guy like Brandon Tierney.